subwoofer cover rattle

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 05:13 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
subwoofer cover rattle

I can't be th only one who has rattles fro m there stock bose subwoofer. I can't tell if its the subwoofer cover or the whole rear shelf. Anybody else have similar problems? What did you do? I was thinking about trying dynamat but figured I'd ask before I went out and bought that stuff. I brought it in to the dealer when I first got the car and I got the " all the TL's do that excuse".

Sri
Old 07-27-2004, 05:57 PM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by muddanas
I can't be th only one who has rattles fro m there stock bose subwoofer. I can't tell if its the subwoofer cover or the whole rear shelf. Anybody else have similar problems? What did you do? I was thinking about trying dynamat but figured I'd ask before I went out and bought that stuff. I brought it in to the dealer when I first got the car and I got the " all the TL's do that excuse".

Sri

In about 3 years of owning the car...I've learned that squeeks & rattles are best dealt with personally. I've used electrical tape to fix many of my rattling issues.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:04 PM
Burning Brakes

I've disconnected it and added 2 10's in the trunk and the rear deck doesnt rattle anymore. You probably dont want to go this route so you can also play it loud and feel\hear around armed w/ some foam and tye wraps.
Old 07-28-2004, 02:58 PM
Instructor

I have also noticed that. It seems like only certain frequency windows. Of course
also related to volume. But, there are times when even low volumes of certain frequencies
cause things to rattle (cover or deck). Then again some REAL low bass notes are very
clear with no rattling nor distortion.

So, I believe it MIGHT be a mountin issue. Haven't tried to trace it yet.

In general I am NOT impressed with the Bose system after having it for 3+ years.
Crappy head unit that will not play CD-R's and now the subwoofer issies.

Sure it's light years ahead of the systems in previous cars but so what. There is much
better out there nowdays and at much lower cost than Bose overinflated prices.

(I alse have a Wave radio from Bose and like it but it was not worth the money
and there are one or two units out there that are 1/2 the cost and near as good)

/Steve

Originally Posted by muddanas

Sri