Stolen Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 02:15 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stolen Headlights

Some punk stole my headlights. My alarm on my key chain went off and by the time I got outside the guy jumped in his truck and speed off. Right now my car is in the shop waiting on an estimate from the ins, co.

I am not stressing it, because next time I shall be waiting and this is a warning, because I know that the guys who steal the headlights are possibly the same guys that be on this forum. No disrespect to the honest hardwworking tl owners on this forum, but the punks ass thieves know themselves.

I SHALL BE WAITING

NUFF SAID :sqntfawk:
Old 08-03-2004, 02:28 PM
@ slide or die @

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how would you know they are members?
and why didnt you chase those ***holes in your TL untill the police stopped you both?

did they rip apart your hood and bumer to get to headlights?
Old 08-03-2004, 02:30 PM
TL-S driver

i would have got into my TL and chased them, I bet they were probably in some cheap slow car. Call the cops while driving or at least be able to get a plate number. Sorry to hear this happened, good luck and let us know what happens.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by goldendragon576
i would have got into my TL and chased them, I bet they were probably in some cheap slow car. Call the cops while driving or at least be able to get a plate number. Sorry to hear this happened, good luck and let us know what happens.
yea why didnt you do that?
where in NY are you?
Old 08-03-2004, 03:30 PM
Advanced

They Punctured My Front Tires So I Could Not Do Shit. They Had A Black Suburban An Easy Catch If I Had Wheels And My Keys In Hand. My Home Is Sound Proof So All I Heard Was My Keychain Going Off And Not The Car Alram Itself (which I Did Not Want To Waste Time Looking For) By The Time I Got Outside The Guy Jumped In His Truck And Drove Off.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:34 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by natismati
yea why didnt you do that?
where in NY are you?
yeah, where in NY are u ? I often drive to NY but am always scared of bring my TL because of this kinda shit. Hope the insurance takes care of it for u.
Old 08-03-2004, 04:13 PM
iM 17 dOiN bIg tHiNgs

dammm

dats fukked up how grimey people can be my brother boy took his car to the dub series car show in englishtown saturday and got his takin and his car is leased so let me kno wat your insurance says im interested to see how his and your situation with the insurance works out......sorry to hear dat
Old 08-03-2004, 04:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Da_iLLeSt_TL973
dats fukked up how grimey people can be my brother boy took his car to the dub series car show in englishtown saturday and got his takin and his car is leased so let me kno wat your insurance says im interested to see how his and your situation with the insurance works out......sorry to hear dat
speak fukkin english.
Old 08-03-2004, 04:23 PM
Drifting

Nice.
Old 08-03-2004, 04:43 PM
iM 17 dOiN bIg tHiNgs

speak fukkin english.

who is u to tell me how to speak i speak how i want i wasnt talkin to u so mind your buisness
Old 08-03-2004, 04:47 PM
Instructor

These suckers come around 2~3 AM, and they are looking especially for 99-01 TL headlights which are parked on the street.
Mine was almost stolen, HID was still there, but the damage was made!! :sqntfawk:
Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, The Bronx... everywhere. I hear this many times!!
Old 08-03-2004, 05:33 PM
@ slide or die @

Originally Posted by NICEUP
They Punctured My Front Tires So I Could Not Do Shit. They Had A Black Suburban An Easy Catch If I Had Wheels And My Keys In Hand. My Home Is Sound Proof So All I Heard Was My Keychain Going Off And Not The Car Alram Itself (which I Did Not Want To Waste Time Looking For) By The Time I Got Outside The Guy Jumped In His Truck And Drove Off.
Man that was smart...i still dont know how they got to the headlights, did they teared apart your hood and bumper or very calmly opened your hood, took the bumper off and then got to the lights????
Old 08-03-2004, 06:06 PM
Banned

Thats a damn shame man... Anyone who steals headlights off a car must really be a bum, and need the money for crack or meth to bang up.. How'd you get your keychain to go off along with your alarm?? Do you have one of those Clifford remote starts? I gotta get one now!
Old 08-03-2004, 07:52 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by bacardi151
Thats a damn shame man... Anyone who steals headlights off a car must really be a bum, and need the money for crack or meth to bang up.. How'd you get your keychain to go off along with your alarm?? Do you have one of those Clifford remote starts? I gotta get one now!
all you have to have is a 2 way remote for your alarm... if you buy any good aftermarket alarm (really helpful by the way) it will come with one (most will anyway).
Old 08-03-2004, 08:07 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
It is scary driving around with this damn car.... but i still love it everytime I walk to it.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:28 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

where im about to move to in MD im scared of this kind of shit happenin. im sorry to hear that this happened. i went to a security shop and they said that hood locks are hard to put in our cars. is this tru?!?!
Old 08-03-2004, 08:43 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ProbyOne
all you have to have is a 2 way remote for your alarm... if you buy any good aftermarket alarm (really helpful by the way) it will come with one (most will anyway).

I have a viper 2 way pager. But these guys knew what they were doing and they did it fast. They took the light in less than a minute. The pager went off, but it was to late.They bent both sides of the fender (the corner that meets the light) and broke the screws that hold it in place and after that they prised it out. The front bumper has little damage and the hood has little scratehes where it meets the light.

They did not take the complete light so I do not know what they are going to do with the rest of it. They just messed up my car for no reason.

My ins. said that they will cover it, I am just waiting for an estimate

If I knew how to post pics I would show you guys the damage
Old 08-03-2004, 09:12 PM
Race Director

Received 277 Likes on 161 Posts
Dude, sorry to hear that, where in NY do you live?

thats why im always paranoid of parking my car on the street. and why are they chasing only 99-01?
Old 08-03-2004, 09:24 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by teknoking
Dude, sorry to hear that, where in NY do you live?

thats why im always paranoid of parking my car on the street. and why are they chasing only 99-01?

I REP BOTH QUEENS & BROOKLYN

BUT THIS HAPPENED IN QUEENS
Old 08-03-2004, 09:34 PM
Race Director

Received 277 Likes on 161 Posts
freaken bastards, my maxima was stolen and ended up on ths streets of Canarsie stripped to the frame.

They should make a law, that if your car doenst come equippped with factory with HIDs, upon checkpoint or whatever, any other car that doesnt come with factory HIDs should be asked to present a receipt for purchased aftermarket HID..this way no one will buy stolen shit, thus stopping this crime.

The maximas, the new pathfinders and the TLs all are in trouble in NYC.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:21 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by teknoking
freaken bastards, my maxima was stolen and ended up on ths streets of Canarsie stripped to the frame.
lol Canarsie? SHIT! That is where I live
Old 08-03-2004, 10:52 PM
Instructor

I have a viper 2 way pager. But these guys knew what they were doing and they did it fast. They took the light in less than a minute. The pager went off, but it was to late.They bent both sides of the fender (the corner that meets the light) and broke the screws that hold it in place and after that they prised it out. The front bumper has little damage and the hood has little scratehes where it meets the light.

They did not take the complete light so I do not know what they are going to do with the rest of it. They just messed up my car for no reason.

man that really sucks... glad that the insurance will cover it though.

actually this is the first i have ever heard of someone targeting the TL headlights, or any headlights for that matter... mabe im just lucky it has never happens around here (knock on wood).

if only you knew who is was....
Old 08-03-2004, 11:22 PM
@ slide or die @

so you say they only took the HID bulbs but not the casing? you know those bulbs sell for 136 at the dealership...they could get an easy $80each (2). $160 on a 3minute banger its not bad. I mean, i fell bad about this happening to you, its a pain the lower intestinal track to deal with this, but seriously this is one low shit to do.

Take us some pics please.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:32 PM
2Poor 2Furious

So they took the bulbs and lenses but not the ballasts? The ballasts are the expensive stuff. If it's still there, take them off yourself and make the insurance pay for them as well. At least then you can have an extra set of ballasts for an HID retrofit for another car or maybe sell them and make back some of your deductible.
Old 08-04-2004, 12:10 AM
NO BP FUEL IN MY

Mine got taken back in Nov. So I know that feeling, I just moved to a better neighborhood, and have been keeping the TL on the street UNTIL Last night, got home, and another TL that parks around the corner from me was sitting there missing its lights. My stomach twisted again like when I saw mine. Didnt take a chance, mine would probably have been last night, so its back in the garage, LOCKED DOWN!!!!
Old 08-04-2004, 12:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TlsNavi03
Mine got taken back in Nov. So I know that feeling, I just moved to a better neighborhood, and have been keeping the TL on the street UNTIL Last night, got home, and another TL that parks around the corner from me was sitting there missing its lights. My stomach twisted again like when I saw mine. Didnt take a chance, mine would probably have been last night, so its back in the garage, LOCKED DOWN!!!!
smart guy.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:58 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by etxxz
so you say they only took the HID bulbs but not the casing? you know those bulbs sell for 136 at the dealership...they could get an easy $80each (2). $160 on a 3minute banger its not bad. I mean, i fell bad about this happening to you, its a pain the lower intestinal track to deal with this, but seriously this is one low shit to do.

Take us some pics please.
Not that cheap!! I paid like $800 just for fixing the hood and getting a new headlamp. Mine hood was tore so badly. :angry: If they steal the whole thing, that's gonna hurt more!! Let say... $2000 each side!!!
Old 08-04-2004, 08:20 AM
2003 SSM TLS

What I find interesting about this whole HIDs being stolen trend is that there seems to be a whole lot more HIDs being stolen (TLs, Maximas, etc) than there are cars being retrofit with HIDs (Accords etc..). I understand the handful of entheusiests that add HIDs to their fixed up rides, but to me there seems to be way more being stolen than are being bought and used. I guess they end up on ebay or some other place that fences stolen parts. I just wouldn't think their would be that much of a market for HIDs.....
Old 08-04-2004, 11:47 AM
Three Wheelin'

just this morning i saw this TL with stolen headlights...i felt so bad for him. he was callin' the police (i assumed) when i was walkin' by him. and this is around my neighborhood in Flushing, Queens! first time i've seen this happen personally.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:48 AM
Yada, Yada, Yada

There is a big market - supposedly the TL lights from 99 - 01 fit very easily on the same year accords. They way to know they are stolen on ebay is if the clips are broken - that's usually a tell tale sign.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SMF-TLS
There is a big market - supposedly the TL lights from 99 - 01 fit very easily on the same year accords. They way to know they are stolen on ebay is if the clips are broken - that's usually a tell tale sign.
they don't even sell it with the casing anymore.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:53 AM
Yada, Yada, Yada

they don't even sell it with the casing anymore.
Oh - good point
Old 08-04-2004, 01:08 PM
Cruisin'

nice- was your car a 99? Does anyone know if they target the 03 lights?
Old 08-04-2004, 02:09 PM
Racer

who is u to tell me how to speak i speak how i want i wasnt talkin to u so mind your buisness
If you did not already know (and judging by your writing abilities you probably didn't), this is the USA and we do speak English here. If you are going to post on a public forum be prepared to be criticized for your lack of respect for the English language.
Old 08-04-2004, 02:17 PM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by t0ast
So they took the bulbs and lenses but not the ballasts? The ballasts are the expensive stuff. If it's still there, take them off yourself and make the insurance pay for them as well. At least then you can have an extra set of ballasts for an HID retrofit for another car or maybe sell them and make back some of your deductible.

This is probably the best post-trauma advice here. Must be a Berkeley thing.

What's sad is that the damage done is way more $$$ than the items stolen.
Old 08-04-2004, 10:40 PM
NO BP FUEL IN MY

Originally Posted by Alex23
nice- was your car a 99? Does anyone know if they target the 03 lights?
Hell yeah they taget '03s. Thats what mine is.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

may i ask where in queens?? im getting a 02 TL next week and i am now scared... i always see this black TL on the corner in Bayside with its headlights missing for months now... i seen a bunch of maximas with missing headlights also around Rosedale.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:08 PM
Instructor

I'm sure glad I don't live in New York!
Old 08-05-2004, 02:12 PM
Banned

new york is the shit.
Old 08-05-2004, 04:06 PM
@ slide or die @

Originally Posted by Davidlamny
Not that cheap!! I paid like $800 just for fixing the hood and getting a new headlamp. Mine hood was tore so badly. :angry: If they steal the whole thing, that's gonna hurt more!! Let say... $2000 each side!!!
my man im talking about the bulbs :sqnteek:

PICZ...i wanna see exctly how they to your lights in 2minutes and disapeared!

Quick Reply: Stolen Headlights