stock sub amp

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 06:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stock sub amp

i was wondering what exactly is this powering?
it looks to me like if i take this out, then i will lose my middle brake light and the rear window defroster....anyone know for sure?
if so, is there any way to get around losing that stuff?
Old 11-21-2004, 09:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
the stock sub amp is located directly behind the rear seat (it can only be seen whith the seat out) on the passenger side. why would you want to take it out?
Old 11-21-2004, 10:13 PM
Race Director

Received 277 Likes on 161 Posts
? to see the sub just take the cover off, you will expose the sub., remove the sub, and put the stuff back so u will not lose the 3rd brake light.
Old 11-21-2004, 10:57 PM
Banned

i might take out the amp to power the sub (from the tl), because i'm putting all new shit in there....so i figured instead of leaving my sub around doing nothing (since i plan to sell the car all stock), i might as well box it, power it, and use it in my house (i got a real shitty system in my room).
Old 11-22-2004, 01:01 AM
Boomer SOONER

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by uncleb
i might take out the amp to power the sub (from the tl), because i'm putting all new shit in there....so i figured instead of leaving my sub around doing nothing (since i plan to sell the car all stock), i might as well box it, power it, and use it in my house (i got a real shitty system in my room).
your stock sub isnt worth trying to box and power in your house...its a piece of shit and its free air so it will sound even worse with a box around it, and it is 1 ohm, so you wont be able to power it with any home amps...basically dont waste your time. If you hook a 1 ohm speaker up to your normal home reciever, you will fry your home reciever because of the load on it and probably blow the Blowse sub while you are at it.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:24 PM
Banned

^^ hey, thanks for SCARING THE SHIT OUT OF ME!!!!!

haha, na, thanks for lettin me know

well, what i think i might do is hook the sub up to the stock amp that was in the car powering it....i'll see what happens.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:29 PM
Senior Moderator

^^ hey, thanks for SCARING THE SHIT OUT OF ME!!!!!

haha, na, thanks for lettin me know

well, what i think i might do is hook the sub up to the stock amp that was in the car powering it....i'll see what happens.
the stock sub amp isnt enought to power aftermarket subs
Old 11-22-2004, 04:46 PM
Banned

hmm, i guess i'm thinking one thing, and saying another

ok, my stock sub and sub amp are gone, both being replaced. so, this means my stock sub and amp will just be sitting in my room, so i might as well try and hook them up so that way i can use them in my room. i know the stock system doesn't bump, but i'm not trying to get some bump in my room, just something decent, i think this can be accomplished by using the acura stock system. mabye i'm wrong either way, its worth a shot.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:58 PM
Senior Moderator

ok, my stock sub and sub amp are gone, both being replaced. so, this means my stock sub and amp will just be sitting in my room, so i might as well try and hook them up so that way i can use them in my room. i know the stock system doesn't bump, but i'm not trying to get some bump in my room, just something decent, i think this can be accomplished by using the acura stock system. mabye i'm wrong either way, its worth a shot.
well in order to power the amp you will need a power supply of somesort. you cant just plug it into a wall, 2nd i dont think it will sound that good. but you can try if you want
Old 11-22-2004, 05:01 PM
Boomer SOONER

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

man I dont know why you are insisting on using the stock bose stuff in your room...ITS NOT WORTH IT!!! and like fsttyms1 said, you cant plug in a car amp to your house...wrong voltage 12 vs 120! serriously if you did something crazy and actually hooked the sub up, you wouldnt even be able to hear it, and like I said before it is a freeair sub...wont work in a box. just take them out, laugh at how shitty they look, and put it in your closet.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ou sig
laugh at how shitty they look

i saw it, i was like what the fuckin hell is that?!?!