Still LOVE this car after 6 months!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2001, 07:08 PM

Post Still LOVE this car after 6 months!

After 6 months and 16000 miles, I still love this car!

This was my first "really nice" car after 35 years of driving Ford, Olds, Buick and Chevy. I bought the car primarily for comfort and performance during my 2 hours of commute every day and it has been great for that. If you HAVE to commute, it is so nice to sit in highway traffic iin a car that isolates you from outside noise, filters the outside air, has a comfortable, easy-to-adjust seat which can be heated for your aching back, and a good stereo/radio! I REALLY find myself a lot less stressed when I get to work or get home now.

The TL was also great on a long round trip to Bakersfield from Seattle I took by myself. It was comfortable and quiet enough to let me drive 18 hours straight through (stopping for potty and food breaks) all the way home, which I'd never done before. And the automaatic radio tuning was wonderful for finding stations along the way, and then returning to my regular stations when I got home. Plus the 30 miles per gallon I got on the trip was a pleasant surprise.

There's also plenty of room (compared to competitors cars) for comfort for wife and the two kids on trips too.

And the performance is a great plus. Want to get into traffic quickly? Punch it and you're there. Change to sport shift for fun weekend driving on windy, hilly roads. Drive for fun sightseeing out on backroads and let the Nav take you home.

I spent months researching my purchase, as this was a LOT of money for me, and the folks on the board were very helpful. Considered comparable BMW, Audi, Lexus, even Chrysler models and went with the TL for value, performance and comfort. I had very high expectations and for once, the actual product has exceeded my expectations.

Well, enough said - just had to share my feelings with my co-TL fans. While others' results may vary, I am delighted with my TL and would recommend it to anyone with similar needs.

------------------
WayneH
Seattle '00 TL Navi
White Diamond Pearl
Old 01-14-2001, 08:02 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by WayneH:
After 6 months and 16000 miles, I still love this car!
Wow... that's a lot of driving.

Glad to hear you still love your TL.
Old 01-14-2001, 08:45 PM
Burning Brakes

How sweet it is, huh? I still marvel at how the car makes trips so pleasant!

I, too, have a daily comute and chose the car to make me less stressed after battling North Dallas traffic. It worked, and now with my new job I do even more driving. I would have had to spend nearly twice the money to have a car with which I'm more pleased...

------------------
'01 White Diamond Pearl 3.2TL
-Wing, tint, burlwood shift, Whistler 6-band
'88 White RX-7 Convertible
-Permanent tinitus courtesy of Rockford-Fosgate
Old 01-14-2001, 09:04 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I definitely know how you feel. My car is only 2 years old and I have 44K and loved every single mile that I put on it.

That is a lot of driving that you do but the car makes it worth it.

Happy driving!!
Old 01-14-2001, 09:04 PM
Racer

Red face

Over 30k miles in your first year? WOW!
Old 01-15-2001, 12:11 AM

I do put a lot of miles on the car, but better (for me) than in a TL than a Chevy or Ford!

------------------
WayneH
Seattle '00 TL Navi
White Diamond Pearl
Old 01-15-2001, 01:17 AM
Drifting

Wow... you do jack up miles on your car. What do you do?

I've had my TL for 6 mos as well. I've put 8K miles on it so far. One half of what you got. Yeah, I like how my TL handles. It is comfortable during commutes.... only if the fuel efficiency was better.

------------------
Y2K SiLVeR TL, non-navi
Factory style full body kit + spoiler
Volk Racing Versus Campionato SS7 18x7.5 52 offset w/ Toyo Proxes FZ4 225/40/18
H&R OEM Springs
PIAA 1700x w/ Inspire Foglight switch
Polarg M-12 Front turn signals
38% window tint all around
Valentine 1 w/ concealed display
Old 01-15-2001, 05:04 AM
Burning Brakes

it's good to hear some nice comments after the usual citicism. i drove a little extra hard today with the new sways and i found myself frustrated because i got home too quick. there was this 180 degree horseshoe turn and dropping it down a gear made me glad it wasn't an i30t. the sways gave me an edge over the turn and i felt it "overcome" the curve. after passing that point, i mashed the pedal the rest of the way home upshifting and coming out of the turn at 70 mph. the only thing holding me back was the threat of cops. I admit that I might not know much, but sometimes, I get a taste of my own version of heaven.

It's not a feeling you can get everyday... or is it? YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS...............

------------------
Some Say "TL Type S," Navi, Spoiler, Side Cuts, Tint All Around, Interior Footwell Lighting, Eibach ProKit, PIAA 1700x Fogs custom cut into side holes, Inspire Tails, 17" Type-S Rims with 215/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE730's, Visor, Wood Shifter, Comptech Sways making me ride on rails...

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...026&Auth=false
Old 01-15-2001, 05:36 AM
Safety Car

You're in Seattle eh? Theres a few of us around here.. we had a meet once and about 8-9 TLs showed up.