Steering Wheel Acura Badge

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 11:28 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steering Wheel Acura Badge

Has anyone put a chrome acura badge on the steering wheel? I have a 2000 TL Navi and i want to put one on. Some people have mentioned it, but i havent found the exact size or type to use. Please let me know soon.
Old 03-17-2005, 04:14 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't think I'd want a chrome anything on the air bag cover.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:34 PM
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by MikePA
I don't think I'd want a chrome anything on the air bag cover.
HAHAHA, the airbag openning and the chrome emblem flying right into the middle of your forehead. now that would SUCK. but now everyone will know youre an acura fanatic with that mark imprinted on your forehead!
Old 03-17-2005, 06:31 PM
ASSEMBLED TO PERFECTION

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by aaronnn
HAHAHA, the airbag openning and the chrome emblem flying right into the middle of your forehead. now that would SUCK. but now everyone will know youre an acura fanatic with that mark imprinted on your forehead!
lol that would be funny, but it wouldnt happen, the airbag tears through the leather and doesnt tear through the acura sign.
I would put the sticker type ones, the new civics have them, there black and silver.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:23 PM
All Hail the Chief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have an '03 and there is a metal A sign in the middle of my steering wheel. If it were unsafe, Acura wouldn't have put it there in the first place. The leather busts open on impact, and the airbag comes out, but the symbol and leather stay attached to the steering wheel column, which is behind the airbag.

To answer the original question, I've read throughout the years that you can't buy an emblem specifically made for the steering wheel as it is sold as a part of the airbag unit. You could always try another emblem and see if it fits or call around to a junkyard and see if they can rip one off for you.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Originally Posted by JPritch
I have an '03 and there is a metal A sign in the middle of my steering wheel. If it were unsafe, Acura wouldn't have put it there in the first place.

There is a big difference between the OEM logo Honda/Acura ships the car with, and some emblem he wants to glue to his steering wheel.

If you want to use a sticker, or paint to do this, go for it, but gluing on any kind of emblem is definitely not recommended.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:03 PM
Drifting

Just because the '03 airbag has a metal A on it does not mean it's OK to stick one on a '00 airbag, or any other year that doesn't have one stock. The fact that you can not buy just the metal emblem indicates it's probably not a smart thing to do. A sticker would be OK, but an emblem? But it's your forehead.

BTW, if someone wants an emblem, you can get the emblem that's on the valve cover for $8 or the one that's on the trunk for $15. Shave the posts on the back of them and use double sided trim tape to attach them to your airbag. Call Tim at honda curaworld.com.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:04 PM
ASSEMBLED TO PERFECTION

Originally Posted by MikePA
Just because the '03 airbag has a metal A on it does not mean it's OK to stick one on a '00 airbag, or any other year that doesn't have one stock. The fact that you can not buy just the metal emblem indicates it's probably not a smart thing to do. A sticker would be OK, but an emblem? But it's your forehead.

BTW, if someone wants an emblem, you can get the emblem that's on the valve cover for $8 or the one that's on the trunk for $15. Shave the posts on the back of them and use double sided trim tape to attach them to your airbag. Call Tim at honda curaworld.com.
wat are u talking about? look at this pic, u see that the A sign has nothing to do with it flying at ur face when the airbag comes out. the only reason they probably put it on the 03 is because they thought it looks good, and that they gotta add shit or change shit around from the last year.

Old 03-17-2005, 10:18 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
^

Whats to say the glue holding the A down doesn't let go from the force of the airbag exploding (which is quite a bit) and come flying at you? It doesn't neccisarily have to split there for it to come off. The 03 ones are screwed down for a reason, so they stay there. You can't screw it down now without risking damaging the bag
Old 03-18-2005, 03:32 AM
Drifting

Old 03-18-2005, 09:06 AM
ASSEMBLED TO PERFECTION

Originally Posted by mclarenf3387
^

Whats to say the glue holding the A down doesn't let go from the force of the airbag exploding (which is quite a bit) and come flying at you? It doesn't neccisarily have to split there for it to come off. The 03 ones are screwed down for a reason, so they stay there. You can't screw it down now without risking damaging the bag
well u would have to use some pretty shitty glue for it to be coming off with that. Either way i didnt say i was the one who was gonna put it on the airbag. I saw a pic of it on a 00 tl and it stuck out too much, didnt look right. I would think if they do have the sticker ones that would look better.
by the way i didnt know the 03s were screwed on, thanks for that info