State Police

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2001, 08:55 AM
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
State Police

I had a little run-in with the MA State Police Saturday night. We were on I-190, not a heavily used highway, coming home from wine tasting and I got a little heavy footed. I went over a hill and there he was, sitting by the left hand side. I tried to brake but it was too late. I did not have my seatbelt on but the girl I was with snuck it in when I pulled over. The guy was cool and I played dumb and he got me at 80 and the limit is 65. When I pulled over I turned the car off and had my hands on top of the steering wheel. I think he thought that was cool and I was very polite and cooperative so he just told me to slow down and I got off with not even a warning. Got lucky, maybe I should get a radar detector.
Old 09-17-2001, 07:12 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeh I have a Passport 8500, caught a few but never had one hiding over the hill though, I don't know how it would react.
Old 09-17-2001, 08:38 PM
Pro

That road is GREAT for speeding on...

I have yet to see a cop on it at night (knock on wood), and I have always had good luck during the day too. Whenever there is traffic, I see cops. When I can drive fast freely (read; no traffic), I have NEVER seen a cop there.

YOU LUCKED OUT!!! Tkae the hint and slow down a bit, or at least remember that "spot" where he sat. They like to use the same spots over and over.

P.S. I don't think he cared about your attitude, I think it was your TL!
Old 09-17-2001, 09:03 PM
Drifting

Hands on the wheel, dome light on, tinted windows rolled down, tell him exactly what moves you are going to make when you reach for your license/reg./ins., leave your glove box closed/center console open if you have to reach in there to retrieve stuff, don't make excuses, be honest, hopefully you will get off with a warning.
Old 09-17-2001, 10:27 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by SoundSpeed
Hands on the wheel, dome light on, tinted windows rolled down, tell him exactly what moves you are going to make when you reach for your license/reg./ins., leave your glove box closed/center console open if you have to reach in there to retrieve stuff, don't make excuses, be honest, hopefully you will get off with a warning.
Sounds like you've been in a few run-ins with the police.
Old 09-17-2001, 11:46 PM
Cruisin'

Or been one.
Old 09-17-2001, 11:58 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by BlackShadow

Sounds like you've been in a few run-ins with the police.
Not I!!
I just know what to do should it ever occur.
Old 09-18-2001, 07:43 AM
10th Gear

works for me

Originally posted by SoundSpeed
The last 5+ times I have been pulled over I haven't gotten a ticket - following these rules except I don't tell him what I am going to do - I think it obvious. I don't pull anything out until the officer is there to watch me and ask for it. Don't lie - they will catch you. Don't admit that you knew how fast your were going. Don't be an a$$. Also turn the radio off and never ever get out of the car unless asked.
Old 09-18-2001, 09:07 AM
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
Re: That road is GREAT for speeding on...

Originally posted by TLwiz
I have yet to see a cop on it at night (knock on wood), and I have always had good luck during the day too. Whenever there is traffic, I see cops. When I can drive fast freely (read; no traffic), I have NEVER seen a cop there.

YOU LUCKED OUT!!! Tkae the hint and slow down a bit, or at least remember that "spot" where he sat. They like to use the same spots over and over.

P.S. I don't think he cared about your attitude, I think it was your TL!
You think he liked my TL-S? He didn't ask me for a ride... hmmm.
Old 09-18-2001, 09:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Lucky you.
Old 09-19-2001, 11:54 AM
Advanced

Originally posted by GOT TLS
Or been one.

Thats what i was thinking. haha In a perfect world, thats what i'd like to see if i pulled someone over. Call it 'common courtesy' to an Officer.