SRS Light On

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 10:29 PM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Question SRS Light On

I just got my aftermarket head unit put in and my SRS Light is staying on?

Does anyone know what's going on with that?
Old 05-14-2005, 11:04 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
somethings not alligned right and the sensor isnt reading for your airbag
Old 05-15-2005, 12:48 AM
/etc/car

Playing with the power can trip the sensor by accident. If you know for a fact that the srs light turned on because you yanked the battery for the headunit install, read:

https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/fun-binary-code-115334/
Old 05-15-2005, 03:35 PM
Pro

Question

Originally Posted by SwampGas
Playing with the power can trip the sensor by accident. If you know for a fact that the srs light turned on because you yanked the battery for the headunit install, read:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115334

Where exactly are these wires?
Old 05-15-2005, 05:12 PM
Pro

Talking

I reset it... It was easy... Just do the paperclip good and jam it in there good...

It's easy only if you take the peice of dash off under your steering wheel and loop the plug out and it will free it up enough so that you can do it with only one person.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
congrats on fixing it!
Old 05-16-2005, 02:19 AM
Race Director

Received 277 Likes on 161 Posts
Kris, did u ever ran into this? My SRS light only goes on, after someone in the passenger leans to the site, which makes the Yellow Warning sign light up, and then after that the damn SRS light goes on, where is the sensor in the seat? That thing really pissing me off, im sick of resetting the SRS.

and Stealership is out of the question.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:21 AM
/etc/car

Originally Posted by TeknoKing
Kris, did u ever ran into this? My SRS light only goes on, after someone in the passenger leans to the site, which makes the Yellow Warning sign light up, and then after that the damn SRS light goes on, where is the sensor in the seat? That thing really pissing me off, im sick of resetting the SRS.

and Stealership is out of the question.
Um...resetting it is for when it trips from playing with the electrical system. Having a life saving and critical component of the car disabling from a NORMAL, automated function taking place is a Bad Thing(tm). Take it to the dealer.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:28 AM
Race Director

umm, its a critical component?
Old 05-16-2005, 02:29 AM
Pro

Yeah man... The sensor is somewhere on the dash I think... I forgot.. but, it just goes off when people lean forward or the sensor thinks it's an infant...

You should get it checked dude... like a serious safety issue...
Old 05-16-2005, 02:34 AM
Race Director

ppl tell me to quit smoking, they tell me it is bad for me.

I KNOW that airbags are important. Im not gonna pay hundreds to a Stealership to do nothing. I just want to find out where in the seat the sensor is. My SRS light barely lights up, the person must sit on the side for good 20 minutes for that to happend...so im sure the sensor is sitting wrong in the seat.

by the way, Thank You
Old 05-16-2005, 08:54 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts

I KNOW that airbags are important. Im not gonna pay hundreds to a Stealership to do nothing. I just want to find out where in the seat the sensor is. My SRS light barely lights up, the person must sit on the side for good 20 minutes for that to happend...so im sure the sensor is sitting wrong in the seat.

by the way, Thank You
ive never had your issue, but the others are right. you may want to bring it in to have them diagnose what is really wrong. it may not be the seat sensor, it may be the main control unit. i know mine is bad and expensive to replace and its in the dash somewhere. you may just want to bite the bullet to bring it in and have them atleast tell you what is wrong. with that light constantly going off your airbags are dissarming, and may not functon properly even when the light is off
Old 05-16-2005, 11:16 AM
Pro

Wink

by the way, Thank You

Like I would say to someone who doesn't want help... It's Your Life Man...

Isn't there someone else in your area that works on TL's in this site?

You could get the stealership to diagnose it and have someone else fix it....

All I'm saying is that if the red SRS light keeps coming on and then you reset it and then it comes on and you reset it and all that... Then you need to get it looked at.

If it's the one that comes on when you put grocieries in the seat or if there is a baby seat there, or someon leans over... Then the sensor is doing it's job and is not even an issue... but I think that light is yellow if I'm not mistaken.

Good Luck ! I hate dealerships too... Too Damn Greedy !
Old 05-16-2005, 11:52 AM
/etc/car

Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
If it's the one that comes on when you put grocieries in the seat or if there is a baby seat there, or someon leans over... Then the sensor is doing it's job and is not even an issue... but I think that light is yellow if I'm not mistaken.
Correct. The yellow "side airbag" light disengages the passenger side airbag if something has too much weight on the side of the seat (and it's a normal, sometimes annoying, function)...having the airbag pop if someone is leaning over to sleep would do more harm than good.

Having the SRS error lamp come on as a result of the side airbag disengaging is a malfunction.