springs ques

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 08:02 AM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
springs ques

i plan on getting 19's on my car and i was wondering if comptech springs would be enough drop to make it look good...im not looking for the wheel to tuck in...but i want a small gap-to flush....somewhere there...i defeinetly want the gap to be smaller then it is with the stock 17s and i dont want the car to look high. i was thinking if comptech wasnt enough id get the ground control to use with stock shocks...are those good? any opinions?

oh...and with the comptechs start to sag eventually and make the car look weird?
Old 03-03-2003, 09:39 AM
Cruisin'

im slling comptech springs if u want them let me know
Old 03-03-2003, 10:17 AM
Drifting

Comptech springs on 19inchs will leave some wheel gap. I recommend coilover system...especially if your planning on a stereo system down the line also.

The ground controls are okay. They tend to bottom out due to how soft the springs are. The stock shocks will go after maybe a year at most depending on the drop.
Old 03-03-2003, 06:49 PM
Drifting

how much gap would you say the comptechs leave?
Old 03-03-2003, 08:04 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by njtls
how much gap would you say the comptechs leave?
Well let's see...if you get koni adjustable shocks, you can set it to the lower perch and that will give u about a finger gap on 18inchs. But if your on stock shocks...I believe it might be a bit more than what you have now.
Old 03-03-2003, 08:07 PM
Drifting

For pics go here: www.bui4ever.com/rbui/Nicky Pass
Old 03-03-2003, 08:54 PM
Drifting

youve got a nice car there....thats with comptechs?...i could live with that wheel gap...and the door sill to ground clearence is about where i want it...but isnt the CL stock lower then the TL in wheels gap and door sill clearence?

oh...and you seem to know alot aobut our cars..so would you advise the ground controls?...i dont really need them...but im just worried aboutb the comptechs sagging after while (how long do you think that will take) and with the ground controls i can raise it when it starts to sag
Old 03-03-2003, 09:23 PM
Drifting

youve got a nice car there....thats with comptechs?...i could live with that wheel gap...and the door sill to ground clearence is about where i want it...but isnt the CL stock lower then the TL in wheels gap and door sill clearence?

oh...and you seem to know alot aobut our cars..so would you advise the ground controls?...i dont really need them...but im just worried aboutb the comptechs sagging after while (how long do you think that will take) and with the ground controls i can raise it when it starts to sag
Actually that's not my car...this is my car http://www.bui4ever.com/car.htm. That's Nicky Pass's car on the ACL baord. As far as ground clearance between the CL and TL...there is no difference unless you have the OEM kit which gives you an additional inch.

The comptechs don't sag. The drop they have is for life. 1.5inch in the front and about 1.0inch in the rear. And with the ground control, the same thing. The ground controls are too soft, you'll bottom out. I would recommend Teins. For the price ($850 shipped) they may seem steep, but figure this...Konis are atleast $500 and brand new Comptechs are almost $300 and you still can't adjust the height. Food for thought.
Old 03-04-2003, 04:19 PM
Drifting

hmm...where can i get teins for that price and about how much do you think the install would be? also did you need the camper kit for however many inches you droped your car? one of the reasons im choosing comptechs is because i dont want to void any warrentees..do you think teins will?

also..if i get comptechs...how long/miles do you think i would have to change my stock shocks? thanx
Old 03-04-2003, 05:51 PM
Drifting

njtls...send me and email, I'll forward it along to my friend. Price of install is variable...I got mine done for $120. Cambers is definitely recommended when you start going past a 2inch drop. The Teins will no more void your warranty than the Comptechs will. With the comptechs, your shocks should last as long as the stock setup. Reason being is because the comptech springs are soft and won't put so much load on the stock shocks.
Old 03-04-2003, 06:20 PM
Drifting

thanx alot...i apreciate al the help and info

man...i got to think about this...thats alot of money to drop right now...right now im on a budget for my car about 5-6k...
thanx tho...i'll email you if i decide to go for the teins...you have a freind that can get them for 850?
Old 03-04-2003, 06:27 PM
Drifting

thanx alot...i apreciate al the help and info

man...i got to think about this...thats alot of money to drop right now...right now im on a budget for my car about 5-6k...
thanx tho...i'll email you if i decide to go for the teins...you have a freind that can get them for 850?
Yes. Blxmjx on the CL board. He's very trustworthy...ask any member on acl. But trust me, the money you spend now, you save later. I had the comptechs...had them for two months. Thank god I didn't buy them new...