Springfield of Acura in NJ SUCKS ASS!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 10:43 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Springfield of Acura in NJ SUCKS ASS!

please do not purchase from these guys...went in on friday to negotiate for a 2004 RL. later that nite, i called the dealer to tell them that we can make a deal if the price was right. we were given a price and i agreed to it. well, they asked for a $500 deposit so i gave them my CC #. well, today (monday), they called and told me that the car has been sold and that they never put my deposit through (dont worry, i will be checking my CC statement in a few days).

i think they were just pissed that i was promised a good price and the dealer didnt want to give it to me in the end.

anyway, thanks for reading this rant about a suck-ass dealership. does anyone know how to complain to acura about this dealer??

Springfield of Acura
Old 11-22-2004, 10:55 AM
Banned

That blows, I had a similar experience involving a lexus, I put a deposit down and called the next day and they said that the car was sold. which=bs
Old 11-22-2004, 12:19 PM
Racer

Stay Away From SPRINGFIELD ACURA!!!!!!

After driving my 03, my father in law wanted the 04. He got lost going to Bridgewater Acura where I had a great buying experience and wound up at Springfield. They were the SLEAZIEST bunch of scumbags in the business. They pulled every trick you read about and hope doesn't happen to you. Here is an example of their crap:
the bottom $ # does not add up on the contract
they overcharged and then gave the run around for weeks to get his money back because they said they only cut checks once a week and of course the first week they forgot, second week the guy was out sick, third week check was in the mail, etc.
check never came-I had to go with him and sit at the desk in the showroom and refuse to leave until the check was in my hand. After I scared a couple away from buying the MDX on the showroom floor with 10g of add-ons installed, I had the check.

and all this was dealing with the Manager JEFF. What a complete JERKOFF!!!
typical sleazy car salesman. nice to your face/talks to you in that whisper like your getting some unbelieveable deal only reserved for his immediate family(hell, I think he would screw his relative also) and then he curses you out on the showroom floor because you caught a $1g mistake in his "math" and he owes you money. He then trys to confuse you and adds it up 10 different ways in his favor!! "Listen JEFF, car+tax=amount I pay Very simple 2+2=4.
BOTTOM LINE=SPRINGFIELD SUCKS/NOT WORTH YOUR TIME
Old 11-22-2004, 01:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
With the projected demand and limited supply of the 04RL, I don't blame them. Money talks my friend. Be ready to make a deal.
Old 11-22-2004, 01:52 PM
B A N N E D

Springfield Acura sucks, when my tranny went they said it would be three weeks before they could get it replaced, I drove it to Bridgewater Acura and they fixed it within 4 days, and NO appointment. Stay away from Springfield Acura at all costs!!!
Old 11-22-2004, 06:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by NSXNEXT
With the projected demand and limited supply of the 04RL, I don't blame them. Money talks my friend. Be ready to make a deal.
nah, i'll pass...dont need or like the car that much. cant fathom paying $38K for a one model year old car. i'd rather spend that much towards a better car
Old 11-22-2004, 06:30 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Had the same thing happen to me when I got my car. I wanted an anthracite metallic, and it was the only one left in southeastern Michigan. So I put down a 500-dollar deposit.

I shopped around for a couple of days, looking at other brands and models (the TL was the only one I put a deposit down on, though), just to be sure that the TL was truly what I wanted. When I went back to get the car, it was on the showroom floor.

"Um, why is the car in the showroom?"

"We sold it last night."

"But I had a deposit on that car."

"Sorry, we didn't think you were coming back."

Oh, well. After thinking between ABP and SSM, I picked one out of the 7 SSM's sitting in the lot. Talk about exclusivity. I should've gone with ABP.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

well, as a follow-up to my original post, i got a letter in the mail from the NJ dept of consumer affairs (yes, i did put my complaint in writing to the proper authorities) and they said they will be contacting me in the future. hahahaa springfield...sucks to be you!
Old 04-15-2005, 08:14 AM
Pleasure Unit

They were the second dealer I hit when I went shopping for my TL-S back in 2001 - they were easily the greasiest dealer I stopped at. #2 greasy dealer was Montclair Acura.

I ended up buying my car from Wayne acura becuase Park ave did not have the ABP in stock. Both treated me like an adult, not some ghetto cruiser.