Sore Loser Eclipse

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 10:15 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sore Loser Eclipse

The other day, I come to a red light, the left lane and the middle lane are taken, so I pull up in the right lane. There is an Eclipse in the middle lane. After the intersection, the right lane ends. So the light turns green, the Eclipse (he must be local and knows that my lane will end) goes for it. I go for it too. He started a hair sooner than me, but I quickly regained and left him a car length behind by the time we were in the middle of the intersection. I see him in the rearview mirror, he is blinking and changing to the left lane. I am blinking and changing to the middle lane since my lane is ending. I reach 45 mph (speed limit is 40 and there are mean cops out there), so I stop racing and just cruise at 45mph. All of a sudden this idiot in the Eclipse comes passing me like a nut and then jumps into my lane barely ahead of me. What's up with these people that can't take the fact that their car is slower?
Old 07-12-2004, 11:48 AM
Banned

That’s cool. Here's something funny. This past Saturday afternoon when getting off DVP North onto Sheppard (Fairview Mall) was this big white Suburban trying to stay at high speed on the off-ramp.

That damn thing looked like an elephant trying to do a sharp turn. I went right past him at twice the speed on the off ramp. He tired hard to keep up, but it was pathetic to say the least.

How do people drive those ugly monsters?????

The worst is their gas mileage. I was driving to Huntsville during the July 1st weekend. We were at a gas station where there was this couple with a Land Rover Discovery. We fuelled up at the same time. We got onto the high at the same time. 20 minutes into the voyage. He had to get off at the next gas station! I barely used any gas! YIKES!
Old 07-12-2004, 11:55 AM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

some people are like that.. dont try to understand them..

@cUr@-TL
Old 07-12-2004, 11:59 AM
TL-S driver

that happened to me once but with a Prelude. He passed me on the other side of the road about a quarter mile down the road. He actually went over the double yellow and went to the other side of the road. Because there was a car coming I did slow down to let him in, otherwise he would have been f*cked and because he was next to me, he might have hit me too. Sometimes it's just not worth it.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by @cUr@-TL
some people are like that.. dont try to understand them..

@cUr@-TL

This goes to show that a driver can be an idiot behind the wheel no matter what he (or she) is driving. They can be in a beat up, rusted out Pony or an expensive SL500. It would be more mature not to "keep up" with these psychos and force yourselves down to their level. If you do, you're no better than them.

Good drivers with real cars do not go and race others on the street. First they know they can beat you- easily. Second, they know they've already "won" by keeping their cool and sticking to the rules of the road. How many drivers with M5s and 911 Turbos do you see actually ripping up the pavement? Maybe that is close to none. Coz they know the wanna be's drool over their car while standing still waiting on a red light. What do we have to prove by "beating" them anyway? What do we gain?

Remember, that slight moment of exhilaration and that that rush that you've just beat someone in a street race could be deadly. For you or the other fella. So if he/ she wants to kill themselves then let them, instead of joining them. The more you drive defensively to avoid a collission, the better driver you will become.

Live to drive another day. And remember- It doesn't matter how much money you can spend, you can never buy class.
Old 07-13-2004, 02:08 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by MADCAT
That’s cool. Here's something funny. This past Saturday afternoon when getting off DVP North onto Sheppard (Fairview Mall) was this big white Suburban trying to stay at high speed on the off-ramp.

That damn thing looked like an elephant trying to do a sharp turn. I went right past him at twice the speed on the off ramp. He tired hard to keep up, but it was pathetic to say the least.

How do people drive those ugly monsters?????

The worst is their gas mileage. I was driving to Huntsville during the July 1st weekend. We were at a gas station where there was this couple with a Land Rover Discovery. We fuelled up at the same time. We got onto the high at the same time. 20 minutes into the voyage. He had to get off at the next gas station! I barely used any gas! YIKES!
Do you seriously believe that he had to fill up again in 20 minutes? I mean, unless you guys were going 900 mph, I highly doubt that he wasted 300 miles' worth of gas in 20 minutes.

The more logical scenario would be that he was 20 minutes away from his destination, but he was really low on gas, so he had to fill up beforehand. Were you following him off the second exit and physically saw him pull into a gas station and fill up again? Wasting a full tank of gas in 20 minutes is damn near impossible unless he had a fuel leak.

My dad has a GMC w/ a 6.0L. That thing still gets about 16-18 mpg on the highway. And I know for sure that the Disco gets better gas mileage than the XLD.

Ruski --

You are an unforunate victim of a ricer fly-by. When these faggot ricers lose, they fly up on you after you slow down, cut you off and declare it as their win. You're lucky he didn't put the hazard lights on you, because that means he was really serious about the race. That's why I always watch them in my rear view mirror when I'm racing ricers -- I shut it down, cruise, but if I see them trying to do a ricer fly-by, I floor it again and do not let them catch up. Then sometimes I flip them the one-finger salute -- in almost all races, I give the opponents a thumbs-up whether I win or lose, but people who do ricer fly-by's piss me off.
Old 07-13-2004, 02:20 AM
Sig Rho's Finest

rice fly-by, thats a tyte term lol. this scrub in a civic (dx mind you), tried to pull the ol "ricer fly-by" on me. as soon as he was a car length behind me, i floored it and next time i saw him was 5 cars behind. when i get owned by faster car i own up to it and let it stand. he had the better machine, nothing to do with balls or the driver. the faster car wins...
Old 07-13-2004, 02:26 AM
Dragging knees in

Originally Posted by tpatel
the faster car wins...
Well, not all the time. In my book, it's all about the driver. What matters the most is how well the driver know his/her car and how well he/she can drive it. Any idiot can go out and lay down cash for a fast car. But if you don't know how to drive it, then you're not always going to win. This is especially true on the streets, where anything is possible.

Case in point; my friend's WS6 6-speed never pulled more than a car-length distance on me in a quick race. He just doesn't know how to drive it well. Yes, on paper, I should've gotten waxed. But because he doesn't know how to drive it well, I kept up with him. As soon as he realized he wasn't pulling, he backed off and called it quits. Of course, he still believes that he is a "better person." His car is faster than mine, yes, but I am much more connected to my car and know how to drive it.

But if you handed me the keys to a McLaren F1 and told me to go out and race it, I bet you I will be pulling 13-14 second runs in the quarter-mile.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:04 AM
Sig Rho's Finest

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
Well, not all the time. In my book, it's all about the driver. What matters the most is how well the driver know his/her car and how well he/she can drive it. Any idiot can go out and lay down cash for a fast car. But if you don't know how to drive it, then you're not always going to win. This is especially true on the streets, where anything is possible.

Case in point; my friend's WS6 6-speed never pulled more than a car-length distance on me in a quick race. He just doesn't know how to drive it well. Yes, on paper, I should've gotten waxed. But because he doesn't know how to drive it well, I kept up with him. As soon as he realized he wasn't pulling, he backed off and called it quits. Of course, he still believes that he is a "better person." His car is faster than mine, yes, but I am much more connected to my car and know how to drive it.

But if you handed me the keys to a McLaren F1 and told me to go out and race it, I bet you I will be pulling 13-14 second runs in the quarter-mile.

oh yea ur DEF rite about that. i was just saying that if im drivin and i get wiped by a faster car, its not cus i dont know how to drive lol its cus the other guys had a faster car

but then again i have a automatic (:sobs, when i bought it my whole fam jumped on me n made me get the auto cus "what if sum1 else wants to drive it, they wont be able to cus its stick". i was like "umm thats the point". but newaysssssssssssss.............
Old 07-13-2004, 11:08 AM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I took a camaro the other day, it had three men, not little guys, in it.. I'm sure the guy just didn't want to bother with me, he could have slaughtered me if he wanted to.. I was behind him making a left turn at a light, I slowly rounded the corner, dropped it into 1st (love the 99!!!!!) squealed and flew into 2nd and launched by him on the outside. I know thos cars can do a crazzzzzy burnout so beating me in my 99 shouldn't be a challange, I would assume..

even with more power under the engine doesn't mean you'll win, and having less power under the engine doesn't mean you will nessisairly loose - too many factors to consider....
Old 07-14-2004, 12:30 AM
Dragging knees in

Originally Posted by ResidualFreedom
even with more power under the engine doesn't mean you'll win, and having less power under the engine doesn't mean you will nessisairly loose - too many factors to consider....
Spoken like a true racer.

And I think you meant more power under the "hood".
Old 07-14-2004, 12:34 AM
Dragging knees in

Originally Posted by tpatel
oh yea ur DEF rite about that. i was just saying that if im drivin and i get wiped by a faster car, its not cus i dont know how to drive lol its cus the other guys had a faster car

but then again i have a automatic (:sobs, when i bought it my whole fam jumped on me n made me get the auto cus "what if sum1 else wants to drive it, they wont be able to cus its stick". i was like "umm thats the point". but newaysssssssssssss.............
Yep, same here. "Hmm, how about a stick?"

"No, what if mom has to drive it?"

Fuck. :sqnteek:

Of course, my dad has no interest in driving my car, although he has driven it on several occasions. My mom never drives it, but my brother is CONSTANTLY driving it. Just the other day, he drove with the E-brake on and burned it out. I'll have to take it apart and adjust it this weekend. Last night, he came back after a drive and a run to the store, and he was like "dude, your tires squeal a lot."

"umm.. even I don't squeal my tires that much. How fast were you taking turns!?!?" Sumbitch. :sqntfawk: