Somebody Burned my TL!!! HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2001, 02:44 AM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Post Somebody Burned my TL!!! HELP!!!

Okay, she didn't burn my whole car, but she did burn a hole on my roof. Anyone know if I can get it fixed? If so, how?

The hole is around the a-piller, that b!tch couldn't even ash out the window. Don't know why I let her smoke in my car at the first place. Sorry just venting. I had a huge argument with her recently, so it's likely that I have to fix it with my own money. BTW, she is not my gf or anything close to that. Gee, I even put on the spare tire for her when she got a flat. Well, what goes around comes around, she'll see!

Okay, now cut to the point. How difficult will it be for me to fix it myself? How much will it cost if I get a shop to do it? Will that look like new or at least un-noticed? or do I have to replace the whole roof?!?!

Help!! I really need your help!! Streeteffectz are you around, I am pretty sure this is a piece of cake for your, rite? Thanks in advance...
Old 06-21-2001, 03:03 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go to the body shop and get an estimate?
Old 06-21-2001, 03:10 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's not *****...it's biatch..

Old 06-21-2001, 03:23 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by 1999TL:
Go to the body shop and get an estimate?
I want to get an idea before I go to a shop. So that I don't look all stupid and all that...
Old 06-21-2001, 03:38 AM
OG

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Do you mean she burnt a hole in the headliner? If so, you'll have to buy a whole headliner and put it in.

------------------
Honda-Acura.net TL Forum Moderator.

1999 Silver with factory body kit, spoiler and burlwood instrument cluster and shift knob. Joshua Tree Wood dash kit. Hella air horns. Tint all around. Razo competition pedals. MOMO Sport 18"X7.5" with 225/40ZR Pirelli P7000SS. Weapon-R intake. Comptech springs, exhaust and headers. Inspire Tailights, homemade ram-air and Polarg M-12 front turn signals. Comptech front and rear sway bar. Axxis Metal Master front and rear pads. Mugen front grille. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

My AcuraTL Homepage

NEW: '01 Acura MDX Silver Premium

Front 35% tinted windows. Running boards. Roof rack. Tailgate deflector. Moonroof visor. Rear mud guards. Razo premium white headlight bulbs. PIAA yellow plasma ion fog bulbs. More to come later......

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by AcuraTL on June 21, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 06-21-2001, 03:43 AM
Drifting

if you are handy, go to a fabrics shop (or automotive fabrics specialty shops) and buy headliner material and do it yourself. however the dealer will more than likely replace the entire headliner which is more than what you need or should pay. the material is cheap, but labor will be the killer!!!
Old 06-21-2001, 03:57 AM
Burning Brakes

oh, i'm drunk and wasn't thinking, most likely the headliner. get it done right or you're going ot have bubbles and the whole damn thing will start to sag.
Old 06-21-2001, 03:59 AM
Drifting

Yes, she did burn my headliner! (the big piece!) It really pisses me off. It was an evening that she did it. I was being gentle so I said "it's okay" and didn't realize she actually burned a hole until the day after. I called her up and she was like "you said it's okay." WTT?!?!?! Just pissed me off

I still treated her like a friend, helped her out when she got a flat tire, until one day. I was talking to her friend on ICQ while she is at Ms. TLburner's house, and I said the usual stuff like "what's up, how's going?" and Ms. TLbunrer replied for her friend and said "Fking bull****". I was like WTF? So, I called her up and ask her what da heck is wrong with her, she told me "you have two girl friends" Damn, I was like so? I can't talk to your friend just because I got 2 gfs? not that I had any bad intention or anything like that.

Yep, anyhow... Finally I have to face the fact and that is I have to fix the damn thing myself.

BTW my car is leased, so as long as it looks find when I return the car, then it's all good. Sorry for the long post, but I really have to vent... After treating somebody as a friend and getting those kinda reaction and response. I really feel bad and sad...
Old 06-21-2001, 04:58 AM
Racer

you have 2 girlfriend? how do you manage the time? whos house do you go to for valentines? i need to learn, please enlighten me

------------------
Bad ass TL...but...
Cant afford Mods.....
Old 06-21-2001, 08:05 AM
Racer

you have 2 girlfriend? how do you manage the time? whos house do you go to for valentines? i need to learn, please enlighten me

Hey, I can learn something too
As for the roof, try to find a place that just deals with this kind of stuff, like custom interiors. Dealer should be your last option, cause they will charge you arm and a leg for it.

------------------
2000 TL Pearl White w\o nav
1991 Volvo 940 Turbo Taded

"Just Shut Up and Enjoy the Ride"
Old 06-21-2001, 10:48 AM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

If it's Headliner.....you probably can't fix it.... Price is $235.97...(damn..expensive)
Old 06-21-2001, 04:05 PM
Drifting

WHAT? That's gonna cost me about CA$400-500. Gee, that's way too much for me to handle... We will wait and see when that b!tch got her IS300. This sucks.............

Streeteffectz, are you around, I remember you mention a way to fix it before.... but can't find it useing the search.....
Old 06-21-2001, 05:08 PM
Pro

Lightbulb

Sue the chick for damages to your vehicle. That's going overboard. Make her pay for it!

Then find a good auto upholstery shop. They should be able to help you.
Old 06-21-2001, 05:58 PM
Drifting

Too bad that I can't really sue her for many reasons.

1. Both she and I are Asian, and you know they like to talk shit. I don't want people to talk about this because that might reveal that I have 2 gf to everybody. (and of course I hang out with other girls, too)

2. The male friends that I hang out terats her like a retart, and I don't really wanna bother with her no more!

3. So what if I sue her, waste of my time and won't do me any good. Because she won't pay after all and it's hard to force her to when you go to a small claim court!

4. Her sister is a drug dealer, so this can get really complicated.

Steerteffectz, I still havn't hear from you. Help me out please, Ron! Maybe I will try to private message you...
Old 06-21-2001, 11:38 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by SL1200MK4:
Too bad that I can't really sue her for many reasons.

1. Both she and I are Asian, and you know they like to talk shit. I don't want people to talk about this because that might reveal that I have 2 gf to everybody. (and of course I hang out with other girls, too)

2. The male friends that I hang out terats her like a retart, and I don't really wanna bother with her no more!

3. So what if I sue her, waste of my time and won't do me any good. Because she won't pay after all and it's hard to force her to when you go to a small claim court!

Steerteffectz, I still havn't hear from you. Help me out please, Ron! Maybe I will try to private message you...
Maybe it's time to get some less complicated friends, eh?
Old 06-21-2001, 11:55 PM
j83
Pro

so thas why next time anyone stoopid or retarded person is around you.
remember one thing "stupid is a stupid does"
trust me i had to learn the same lesson in my other car...
Old 06-22-2001, 03:29 AM
Racer

hay man.... from what i know you must be pimping like crazy so what IF they find out? go meet more girls... besides the girls that all know eachother

rob her house

DRUG DEALER? WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES THAT MAKE? if her sis decide to get involved in this call the cops and give info of her sis to them, and since she is a drug dealer whe wont know who ratted on her( trust me, i've done it many times to this someone i hate)

i mean comon.... its a TL!!!! for crying outloud.... if someone burns my TL i'd ship their ass to tailand for prostitution (male or female)

------------------
Bad ass TL...but...
Cant afford Mods.....
Old 06-22-2001, 03:43 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by Ghost31711:

i mean comon.... its a TL!!!! for crying outloud.... if someone burns my TL i'd ship their ass to tailand for prostitution (male or female)

Well, there are common places where everyone hang out. So, I don't want to make a big deal out of it and end up having everyone talking about me. Even thought it's not my fault. I just don't like attention and being talked about behind my back.

Now, that's bad ass, send her to Thai. I doubt that she will make any good money out there thought!!!
Old 06-22-2001, 10:21 AM
tea elle

ARE YOU FOR REAL? I thought the Jerry Springer show was fake, but I guess people like you really do exist.

I'm sorry, did you actually call her a "retart"??? You meant to spell it wrong...right?

Dude, are you f*#king kidding? Get some new friends!

------------------
2001 TL Silver w/ Black Leather
CL-S Wheels
Alpine CD Changer
Burlwood Shift Knob
25% Tint, 35% In Front
Thomas Guide for So Cal
Old 06-22-2001, 08:13 PM
Drifting

Yes, I am for REAL!!! If I am kidding anyone here... I lost my TL!!! I am damn serious...

I was trying to say "treats her like a retart" I was a bit pissed while I typed that post.

I don't usually hang out with her. But I did help her out few times cuz she's in my class.

My problem is still not sloved thought...