SOME PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO OWN A LICENSE! (especially those damn kids!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 03:11 PM
So Plain.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SOME PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO OWN A LICENSE! (especially those damn kids!)

So I'm pulling into a Quizno's Sub parking lot to get myself a hot, toasty, Mesquite BBQ Chicken submarine sandwich when all of a sudden *BAM*. Twelve hundred dollars of damage to the right side of my car.

I was taking a right down one of the aisles of the parking lot and I saw this 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 pulling out of one of the spots right near the end of the aisle. I tried to swing off to the left to avoid her but when I looked in the car I saw this young girl staring straight at her lap trying to get her drink and sub organized. I had no time to throw it in reverse, and if i had sped up it would have just made the collision worse, so i stopped dead in my tracks. (I had only been going about 5-8 mph, i drive my TL like a god damned grandmother in parking lots as to avoid accidents). I sat there, and in slow motion watched this girl continue to drive towards me while still not looking at the road. I had about 2 seconds to think *im gonna get hit im gonna get hit please bitch look up at the road and hit your brakes im gonna get hit im gonna get hit* and then before you know it she slams right into my passenger side door and fender while STILL looking at her lap. Only AFTER she had hit me did she decide to look up at the road and me in front of her and realize that she had gotten into her first accident. I sat there in disbelief, having only purchased my 03 about 3 1/2 weeks ago and could not believe i already got in an accident. We both got out of our cars and i just stood there speechless with nothing to say for about a minute. And then she started crying and freaking out because of course shes only 16 and just got her license and her daddy just bought her this brand new piece of shit ford and yadda yadda. So i tried to comfort her, tell her its nothing to worry about, and she called her dad and he came to the scene and decided to not go through insurance but instead to pay out of his pocket (apparently a rich motherfucker too cause he acted like it was no big deal to just shell out the loot). So i drove over to a body shop, got the $1200, one week of body work estimate, and called her dad back, he said he'd arrange a rental car for me as long as i needed (bitch better get me a luxury car!) and then we would be all settled.

So all in all, it's not that bad. I dont have my camera with me, ill post pics later when i get home tomorrow, but jesus.. some people should just not be allowed on the road! I mean seriously, who taught you to drive forward while messing with food in your lap? Especially in a god damned PARKING LOT where there are LOTS OF CARS coming IN AND OUT all the FREAKING TIME.

I'm sorry i'm just heated cause this happened about an hour ago. Pictures later. BTW, i'm fine, it was a ultra-low speed collision.. But my baby NBP ISNT!
Old 12-22-2005, 03:18 PM
Instructor

Damn I Hate People Like That..... I Hate When People R In Turnin Lanes And Then Go Straight Almost Right Into U..... But The Accident Would B Ure Fault Because Hit Him From Behind..... We Need Cameras In Our Cars Like The Police, So When A Accident Does Happen They Canb C Who Really Is At Fault.....
Old 12-22-2005, 03:21 PM
FOR SALE - BM

good to hear your ok. you should have laid on the horn. maybe she would have seen you.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Nothing like letting his daughter learn a lesson. He should make her pay for it. Well atleast on the brighter side not going thru the insurance wont hurt you at all
Old 12-22-2005, 03:58 PM
So Plain.

Originally Posted by drdamian
good to hear your ok. you should have laid on the horn. maybe she would have seen you.
yeah i would have loved to, but it happened so quickly and i guess i was just being the optimist that i am hoping she would look up before slamming right into my car!
Old 12-22-2005, 04:10 PM
So Plain.

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
Nothing like letting his daughter learn a lesson. He should make her pay for it. Well atleast on the brighter side not going thru the insurance wont hurt you at all
this is true, but if we had gone through insurance it wouldnt have done anything to my premiums - i would have gotten off fine, but i would have recieved a check for my rental car from her insurance company just like aznkikaz did on this thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128386

where i was going to try to make out well out of the situation was the part where im leaving for egypt on january 5th and was going to take my car into the shop then and collect the rental check for a couple hundred dollars and have a few extra spending dollars for my time in egypt! but unfortunately the guy wants to go without insurance intervention so im just gonna get a rental from out of his pocket and break even from the whole situation.

PEOPLE THESE DAYS!
Old 12-22-2005, 04:30 PM
1st Gear

Some people should not be allowed to drive

I recently turned 80.
Texas renewed my license for 8 years. Can You think of anything more absurd?
When a person turns 70 their vision starts to deteriorate if they have not already suffered from cataract lens replacement.
We had a good friend with macular degeneration - age 74. Fortunately she only drove into a ditch, but her son required her to quit driving.
I am of the opinion that after age 70 everyone should be required to submit to a test for reflexes and rapid recognition of changing street conditions.

Driving simulators - like flight simulators - (something better than MS software) should be developed to test for driving ability. and everyone should be tested before receiving the first driving license.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:34 PM
So Plain.

Originally Posted by athomas20
I recently turned 80.
When a person turns 70 their vision starts to deteriorate if they have not already suffered from cataract lens replacement.
We had a good friend with macular degeneration - age 74. Fortunately she only drove into a ditch, but her son required her to quit driving.
I am of the opinion that after age 70 everyone should be required to submit to a test for reflexes and rapid recognition of changing street conditions.

Driving simulators - like flight simulators - (something better than MS software) should be developed to test for driving ability. and everyone should be tested before receiving the first driving license.
i'm sorry, im not trying to be rude - but whats the huge 12 for? and pardon me again, i do respect my elders - but what does your age and eye condition have to do with the 16 year old girl who hit me today?
Old 12-22-2005, 05:28 PM
Racer

look at the bright side....at least your getting a brand spanking new paint job
Old 12-22-2005, 06:03 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
I agree...I think it should be a little more strict for people getting there license. It's way to easy and almost expected that everyone will get their license after a couple tries at it. It should definitely be something that's earned after you have the skill and abilitly to drive. And I also agree with athomas20 about people being tested after a certain age. Your eye sight and reflexes go down hill and I think it should be tested yearly. Just my .
Old 12-22-2005, 06:24 PM
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts
U should have honked and maybe avoided the whole mess.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:39 PM
'02blAcuRAT!! soooCool!!

Have been in similar situations when your powerless, at a dead stop and no where to go. Happened to me on a hwy on-ramp, dead stop in traffic and got slammed in the rear by a stwardess driving a rental....buckled both rear wheel wells in my, then new '87 320i, it never drove the same.
At a red light in my, '97 TL years ago and got slammed by a 80 something senior.
And, IMO, it sucks when you need to paint a section of your ride, it never matches close enough....nothing like an original maintained factory finish.
I hope they do a good job for you. Good luck and enjoy your trip.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:11 PM
they go wooooot wooooot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OMG TELL ME ABOUT IT. Granted, yes, I am 18 years old, from the time i left to when i returned home (a period of 5 hours, 30 min of which i was behind the wheel), i was nearly side swiped THREE TIMES! One time, crossing a bridge and a van pulling out from a side road, second time someone leaving the mall parking lot, pulls out across 2 lanes of traffic, and the third the same as the second, but crossing three lanes of traffic. not even joking...

driving, especially in FL is tunring rediculous... so yea, i share your anger...
Old 12-22-2005, 09:17 PM
proffesion...axle breaker

I recently turned 80.

Tru, what is the big 12 for?
anyways,so the stupid chick was going forward and hit you? how oblivious can you be?
and i totally agree with renewing licenses at a certain age 70 sound decent. i live in a more elderly city and some of the driving around here is rediculous. like elderly people just switching lanes in front of you when your doing just over the posted and theyre doing about 10 under not even having a clue in the world that anybody is back there.

and hey take it easy on "those damn kids"im 18 and altho ive racked up my speeding tickets, i am an alert and responsible driver. it always seems to be the freakin girls who care more about their makeup and cellphones than the safety of other peoples lives.
my
Old 12-22-2005, 09:19 PM

hey bamboo, how bad is the driving down here huh? your the first ive seen from around here im in cape coral
Old 12-22-2005, 09:33 PM
they go wooooot wooooot

cape coral, huh? im in punta gorda on the other side of burnt store rd. yea, driving here b/w nov and april is out of this world.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:37 PM

thats tight anybody else from here maybe we could get a meet gathered.

sorry to jack it up. i know you all are prob like :whocares:
Old 12-22-2005, 10:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

hmm... was she hot though? =D
Old 12-22-2005, 10:22 PM

nooooo well hopefully the sub was good.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:30 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Bambo2888
cape coral, huh? im in punta gorda on the other side of burnt store rd. yea, driving here b/w nov and april is out of this world.
Yeah, I used to live in FL and all the old people migrate to the south for the winter. It sucks to be driving down there now, there are so many of them!!
Old 12-22-2005, 10:56 PM
So Plain.

Originally Posted by big mike 13
hmm... was she hot though? =D
yeah she was smokin actually! haha. unfortunately i forgot to ask for her personal number before her dad got there and by that time i wasnt really in the mood to ask her for her number in front of her enraged dad. my girlfriend wouldnt be too happy with that either, would she?
Old 12-22-2005, 10:58 PM
So Plain.

Originally Posted by Stealth CL
nooooo well hopefully the sub was good.
funny thing is i didnt even GO to quiznos in the end. i ended up going across the street to taco bell for a burrito
Old 12-22-2005, 11:02 PM
So Plain.

just snapped some pics:

i know what youre thinking... not so bad. yes, fortunately it really isnt. but thats what $1,200 of damage looks like! oh, and i made sure the body shop is getting acura nighthawk black pearl, not just their own brand of black so it should match pretty well
Old 12-22-2005, 11:52 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Yeah that isn't so bad. Did it damage that wheel?
Old 12-22-2005, 11:58 PM
Marty_1999Acura3.2TL

I know your car is dirty but by looking at your pictures, it doesn't look like $1,200 worth of damages. Well anyways, it sounds like everything will be fine. I've read many stories on this forum and most people get screwed with hit and runs and so on. All the best,

Hey, I noticed pin stripes on your car. If you want to get rid of the pin strips, tell the body shop to remove the strips on the entire vehicle instead of placing new strips on. That’s what I did with my other car with no charge. It looks great without pin stripes.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:01 AM
So Plain.

Originally Posted by 03CoupeV6
Yeah that isn't so bad. Did it damage that wheel?
nah.. fortunately not. its still completely driveable. just when i open the passenger door theres a horrible creaking/gritting noise of bent metal on metal, so ive tried to do it as little as possible this afternoon/evening.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:04 AM
So Plain.

Originally Posted by Mar T
I know your car is dirty but by looking at your pictures, it doesn't look like $1,200 worth of damages. Well anyways, it sounds like everything will be fine. I've read many stories on this forum and most people get screwed with hit and runs and so on. All the best,

Hey, I noticed pin stripes on your car. If you want to get rid of the pin strips, tell the body shop to remove the strips on the entire vehicle instead of placing new strips on. That’s what I did with my other car with no charge. It looks great without pin stripes.
yeap. $1,163.25 to be exact. but, its not my problem or my money so i wouldnt be worried about it if it came out to be $10,000.

and good call on the pinstripes - i'll definitely tell them to do that when i take it in! i hadn't even thought about that but thats one extra little detail on my slow but steady journey to eventually black out the whole car entirely! (i'm only a month into that journey as of today )
Old 12-23-2005, 12:17 AM
Marty_1999Acura3.2TL

Diy

If the shop can’t take off the pin stripes, it's easy to do it yourself. All you need is a blow dryer and an old credit card.

1st step: Wash the car
2nd step: Blow-dry the pinstripe area with low heat.
3rd step: Slowly scrape the pinstripe off by using an old credit card.

The slower you go the better the results. REMEMBER! be very gentle.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:22 AM
Sig Rho's Finest

take it to a shop that will hook it up so the whole car gets re-painted. whoever said it was right about the paint not matching perfectly.

also, your only 20 man. i understand your anger but you yourself are a kid also. im not much older, but i do think we all make mistakes. this one however, was a reallly dumb one and if i were you i would milk the hell out of it.

glad everything is working out tho, there are those who have been ripped off hardcore
Old 12-23-2005, 12:26 AM
So Plain.

Originally Posted by NYZGREATST
take it to a shop that will hook it up so the whole car gets re-painted. whoever said it was right about the paint not matching perfectly.

also, your only 20 man. i understand your anger but you yourself are a kid also. im not much older, but i do think we all make mistakes. this one however, was a reallly dumb one and if i were you i would milk the hell out of it.

glad everything is working out tho, there are those who have been ripped off hardcore
very true, thanks for the insight. i know i'm only 20, but as little as it may be, 4 years on the road is a little better than 4 months or so.

and about getting the whole thing repainted? i already told the girls dad the estimate and a whole new paint job would probably triple the $1200 estimate. i'd feel bad for ripping them off too much cause its probably gonna come out of the little girls pocket if her dad decides to teach her a lesson.

also, nyzgreatest - youre in md for college? college park or umbc? i go to umbc and ive got a few friends in sig rho, you might know em. peace playa.