Some nut chased me on foot and threw something at my car!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 03:16 PM
All go, no show

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Some nut chased me on foot and threw something at my car!

Here's what happened:

I went to a local shopping mall and parked next to a brand new RX330 that was extremely crookedly parked. It was literally diagonal across the space. The spaces were huge, and there were no other spots available so I figured it was safe to park. I come back about 20 minutes later, and pull out of the space EXTREMELY slowly, as the crooked SUV is still there and totally blocking my view. As i shift into drive to pull away, some meathead with his girl walks up to me and gives me a funny look. I proceed to pull away, and look in the rearview and see him looking at the passenger side of the RX330 (the side where I was parked). As I approach the mall exit, the light turns red and I stop. I look up into my rearview mirror, and see this guy sprinting full speed towards me! Not sure exactly what to make of it, I make the turn on red (which is legal where I am) and continue on my way. That's when I hear a *THUNK* at the back of my car. This psycho apparently thought I hit his car or something, and threw something at me! What a pissoff, given how slowly I pulled out of the space just to make sure I didn't hit his car.. I wouldn't have even had to if he hadn't parked like a blind man. Anyway, I slow down, and turn around to look at this guy, who's still standing there staring at me. This guy was a really big though, and whatever hit my car sounded soft so I figured it'd be better to just leave then get my face re-arranged. The damage wasn't that bad... It was probably a waterbottle or something like that.. just a small scuff that left a bit of ink on my trunk... I washed it right out.

The next time I see someone charging my car, I'm putting the pedal to the floor - no questions asked. Some people really need to cool down and not jump to conclusions; if I was as unreasonable as this dude, there could've been a lot of trouble made over something as minor like a small scuff on someone's car. Anyway, be safe everyone.
Old 05-23-2004, 04:01 PM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that's why you should always carry a baseball bat or some kind of knife in ur car

@cUr@-TL
Old 05-23-2004, 04:03 PM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

Smart move ....

If I see a car taking up two spaces, he'll find a nice lougie on his drivers door handle!! or on the shifter if the top is down....

you got a nice car and don't want anyone to scratch it don't take two spots in the front row - do what most of us do - park in the empty part of the parking lot, which usually means a little foot patrol..
Old 05-23-2004, 04:08 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
you shoulda told him that he just bought a new slow car ....heh and then some :ar15:
Old 05-23-2004, 04:28 PM
I'd rather be driving:

Yeah there are some nutcases out there. You did the right thing not to confront him; had you done so, maybe the outcome would have been worse. Luckily there was no damage to your car and life goes on.

A similar thing happened to me recently. I pulled into a gas station where there was only one car width between one row of pumps and the road; there was an old F-150 at one of the pumps with a young woman sitting in the passenger seat. I pull into the gas station and park in front of the F-150 at the other pump. Just as I’m getting out, fumbling for my credit card to pay at the pump, the guy (I don’t like stereotypes but he would be considered a “redneck”) jumps into the driver’s side of the truck and starts gunning the engine. Since I had blocked him in (because of the gas station layout), it meant that he would have to back out of his spot to leave instead of drive straight out. I’m standing at the pump doing the “insert credit card and remove quickly” when I notice out the corner of my eye he’s giving me a dirty look as he puts his truck in gear to move towards my car like he wants to push it out the way! I hear more engine revving as I continue to pump gas not making eye contact to provoke him. He finally reverses, slams the truck in gear and peels out the gas station over the curb yelling obscenities as he drives off. The whole time I’m not looking at him.

If I had squared off with him, what would that have proven? If I had given him the finger as he drove off, would he have turned the truck around to come back and start a fight? Had I been packing my 9 mm and decided to brandish it, he probably would have called the cops and I’d be in a heap of trouble. So he blurted out a couple of curse words, no harm no foul. Just have to stay calm and stay out of trouble, it’s not worth it.

Sorry for the long post.
Old 05-23-2004, 09:43 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by @cUr@-TL
that's why you should always carry a baseball bat or some kind of knife in ur car

@cUr@-TL
over here its illegal to have a baseball bat in your car if you dont have a glvoe or ball
Old 05-23-2004, 09:50 PM
Hall of Famer

I just purchased a 26'' telescopic police baton....Fuck with me and see what happenes.. I can't stand people that start shit for no reason.
Old 05-23-2004, 09:59 PM

I also have a mini bat i keep under my seat, you never know whats going to happen.. What part of NY were you in when this happened if you dont mind me asking?
Old 05-23-2004, 10:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
i would have gone back and beat his ass for throwing something at my car
Old 05-23-2004, 10:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
I agree with you guys..... It not worth time to deal with those type of assholes. EVEN those you know you can take them.... :ar15:
Old 05-23-2004, 10:11 PM
Hall of Famer

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
It depends...I would certainly want to kick someone's ass if they through something at my car. But, to tell you the truth...if this guy was such a fuckin psycho to chase after your car, It probably isn't worth your time to mess with him. Even though I love my car, I care about myself alot more than my car and if i don't think I could take the guy I wouldn't risk it. Sometimes you just gotta be the bigger man and walk away.
Old 05-23-2004, 10:37 PM

Some people are just intimidating, some are just sick mofos and dont give a sh*t and will beat your ass down, me personally don't like to take the chances lol
Old 05-23-2004, 10:40 PM
Happy with my STi!

Originally Posted by Shiffy
I just purchased a 26'' telescopic police baton....Fuck with me and see what happenes.. I can't stand people that start shit for no reason.
Where did you get that? I have always wanted a police baton...
Old 05-23-2004, 10:41 PM
Happy with my STi!

The thing is that you never know what THEY have. They might even have a gun and might be psycho enough to even use it. Some people in the U.S. are just damn crazy.
Old 05-23-2004, 10:43 PM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

Originally Posted by njtls
over here its illegal to have a baseball bat in your car if you dont have a glvoe or ball

just carry a ball then you can throw it at the guy too , just make sure he doesnt throw it back at you

@cUr@-TL
Old 05-23-2004, 11:08 PM
What your problem is?

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by thsiao
thsiao..... try this place.... http://www.copsplus.com/prodcat48.php

I, personally, would have went back and started shit with him, but that is only because in Texas it is legal to carry a concealed handgun.... I like to see a mofo f*ck with me.... For most folks, no life yours or theirs is worth a scratch or a bump on one's car.....
Old 05-23-2004, 11:57 PM
All go, no show

This happened in the Lake Success shopping center... in general, I HATE going there cuz the traffic in the parking lot is INSANE. I actually have this guy's license plate #, cuz I took it down when I pulled into the space, just in case he hit my car while pulling out... is there anything useful I could do with it? :diablotin

This guy was def. too big and too crazy in the head to even consider taking... I don't know what person in their right mind would chase after a car like he did and THROW something .. he did this in FULL view of a ton of other cars that were waiting to exit the parking lot!
Old 05-24-2004, 12:12 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by fsttyms1

yea but thats easy to say. you dont know how the guy looks and you really have to be in that situation. he also said the guy was big so... who know.. oh well stupid people who start shit for no reason like that redneck with da truck incident that was plain ridiculous. who is he king of the universe to have you move your car while you are pumping gas... needs to get their ass beat down...... otherwise you do did the right thing...
Old 05-24-2004, 12:25 AM
Advanced

dude thats nothing. me and my friend went to this one city in california to meet up my friends friend. and long story short... we got hit up by gangsters and i was in my car at the time and my friend was gettin in the car and he got beat up and i tried to get out of the car but those fags wouldnt let me and like 30 guys surrounded my car and started kicking it everywhere. punkasses.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:27 AM
Three Wheelin'

why did you get jumped by gangsters? what did you guys do?
Old 05-24-2004, 12:28 AM
Advanced

nothing. suppsedly those guys had crazy beef with people from los angeles and they just heard 2 guys are coming from los angeles and there you go.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:30 AM
Advanced

if i got out of the car and fought i would have gone to jail cause i know tae kwon do and hand to hand combat so ill get charged for deadly weapon
Old 05-24-2004, 12:38 AM
Three Wheelin'

how long u practice tae kwon do?
Old 05-24-2004, 12:43 AM
Attorney- Will Sue 4 Food

Old 05-24-2004, 12:44 AM
Advanced

got to 2nd dgree black and quit and got into boxing and hand to hand combat cuz im going to the army soon. i practiced it for about 5 years.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:51 AM
Attorney- Will Sue 4 Food

Thats when I get out of my car and ask the dumbass what his fucking problem is. Tell him if he wants to throw down when I didnt even touch his car thats fine, but Im a lawyer, and kick my ass or I kick yours, either way, If you want to fucking fight about it, then I am going to sue you in county court for the smudge you put on my car, and make you spend about $5,000 defending yourself, just to get $50 to get my car buffed.

For those of you not lawyers, I would get out of your car with your cell phone calling the police, walk towards his RX 330, and let him explain that shit to the cops. He would get littering, and if yall thow down while you are on phone with cops, assault. Get his liscense and call his insurance to make a claim. His throwing a bottle wont be covered by his insurance, but if you attempt to make a claim and send them the police report (if you called police), they may pay you $100, if you threaten to sue, and drop him the next time he comes up for renewal.

Damn, dont yall know I am a PI attorney who tries 25 cases to a jury the last year. If you want to fuck up someones life who wrecked your car or something like this, PM me. I can get you their personal adress and extensive info. All I need is a liscense plate.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:57 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ghost?
got to 2nd dgree black and quit and got into boxing and hand to hand combat cuz im going to the army soon. i practiced it for about 5 years.
whats a good school?
Old 05-24-2004, 12:58 AM
Advanced

um do u live around me?
Old 05-24-2004, 12:59 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by oulaw29
Thats when I get out of my car and ask the dumbass what his fucking problem is. Tell him if he wants to throw down when I didnt even touch his car thats fine, but Im a lawyer, and kick my ass or I kick yours, either way, If you want to fucking fight about it, then I am going to sue you in county court for the smudge you put on my car, and make you spend about $5,000 defending yourself, just to get $50 to get my car buffed.

For those of you not lawyers, I would get out of your car with your cell phone calling the police, walk towards his RX 330, and let him explain that shit to the cops. He would get littering, and if yall thow down while you are on phone with cops, assault. Get his liscense and call his insurance to make a claim. His throwing a bottle wont be covered by his insurance, but if you attempt to make a claim and send them the police report (if you called police), they may pay you $100, if you threaten to sue, and drop him the next time he comes up for renewal.

Damn, dont yall know I am a PI attorney who tries 25 cases to a jury the last year. If you want to fuck up someones life who wrecked your car or something like this, PM me. I can get you their personal adress and extensive info. All I need is a liscense plate.
damn... :smokin:
Old 05-24-2004, 06:54 AM
Banned

I would have reversed and ran over the motherphucker, then taken his g/f for a ride to the local Motel 6.
Old 05-24-2004, 07:41 AM
Hall of Famer

Originally Posted by thsiao
I emailed one of the guys that was selling it on ebay. And he has a store I guess. he charged me $50 for 2 batons and that included shipping. his email address is patriotselfdefense@yahoo.com. tell him shiffy sent ya.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:14 AM
Pro

Too fat, Too old to run, That`s the reason for a CWL. Nothing says loving like a Springfeild .45 acp. The gift that keeps on giving! >
Old 05-24-2004, 09:05 AM
Rock Star

thats y there is always a louisville slugger in my trunk..........
Old 05-24-2004, 09:09 AM
What your problem is?

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by oulaw29

Yeah, I will be calling you....soon....
Old 05-24-2004, 10:45 AM
is the Mighty Favog

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by @cUr@-TL
just carry a ball then you can throw it at the guy too , just make sure he doesnt throw it back at you
@cUr@-TL
Only if I threw like Nolan Ryan
Old 05-24-2004, 10:49 AM
is the Mighty Favog

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Personal information can be accessed by anyone if you know how to go about it and where to look. Lawyers don't have a monopoly on it.

I've learned that over the years from working for a few hundred of em'.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:06 AM
TL-S driver

some people are such assholes....my dad parks in the same spot every day and there's an Audi that parks next to him EVERY DAY! the thing is, he always parks ON the left line so it's hard for my dad to get in and out of the car. My dad even spoke to him once and asked him to stop doing that every...his response was...I'm in the line ain't I? Since then, my dad has stopped trying to squeeze into the car without hitting his car. Even when asked nicely people can be such assholes....I wonder if he realizes the large dent in his passenger door.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:47 AM
All go, no show

Originally Posted by goldendragon576
some people are such assholes....my dad parks in the same spot every day and there's an Audi that parks next to him EVERY DAY! the thing is, he always parks ON the left line so it's hard for my dad to get in and out of the car. My dad even spoke to him once and asked him to stop doing that every...his response was...I'm in the line ain't I? Since then, my dad has stopped trying to squeeze into the car without hitting his car. Even when asked nicely people can be such assholes....I wonder if he realizes the large dent in his passenger door.
I hate it when people are unreasonable for no goddamn reason
Old 05-24-2004, 12:19 PM
distinctiv_tuning

You guys know wha a good weapon is...Keep one of those Maglights...the 4D Battery 1...u can knock some1 out with that
Old 05-24-2004, 12:27 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by bloo_tls02
I would have reversed and ran over the motherphucker, then taken his g/f for a ride to the local Motel 6.
Sounds like a plan :smokin:

Quick Reply: Some nut chased me on foot and threw something at my car!