Some A-hole hit my car and left the scene

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2002, 11:52 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some A-hole hit my car and left the scene

Man I'm fuming. Took the family to a restaurant Saturday and found an end spot away for the crowd. I hugged the curb to give any car that may park there plenty of room. We came out form the meal and discovered someone hit the rear bumber in a side swipe, like they didn't back out far enough then scraped the rear bumper with there car from the right to left side. Man, this just pisses me off, they had to know they did it and left anyway. fortuantely it's superficial but the rear bumper will have to be sanded and repainted with a $250 deductible coming out of my pocket.....
Old 09-02-2002, 12:04 PM
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sucks man. This exact thing happened to a friend of mine, but people saw it and told him about it. Once he went out, the owner of the vechicle that hit my friend's car was still trying to get out of the spot, what an idiot. Then he tried to play it off like nothing happened, but my friend said there's 5 witnesses that saw him so he finally admitted and settled by paying my friend $800 a few days later. What a chump.
Old 09-02-2002, 02:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

Re: Some A-hole hit my car and left the scene

Originally posted by MikeS
Man I'm fuming. Took the family to a restaurant Saturday and found an end spot away for the crowd. I hugged the curb to give any car that may park there plenty of room. We came out form the meal and discovered someone hit the rear bumber in a side swipe, like they didn't back out far enough then scraped the rear bumper with there car from the right to left side. Man, this just pisses me off, they had to know they did it and left anyway. fortuantely it's superficial but the rear bumper will have to be sanded and repainted with a $250 deductible coming out of my pocket.....
i dope u didnt go thru insurance with this ....i would have just paid out of pocket for it.....its not worth it to file a claim for something like a bumper re paint.
Old 09-02-2002, 07:14 PM
Racer

About 10 years ago, I was parked out in front of a HUGE grocery store here later at night. The type where 10 people are coming in and out at one time all night long. The parking lot is huge and I was parked near the front in a normal parking spot. Someone had rear ended my car so hard that it crumpled the side paneling by the gas cap. It was almost like someone hit it at 25+ mph. No notes, none of the people who would have obviously seen it said anything...

It was like 2500 in damage.
Old 09-02-2002, 09:10 PM
Has been sold for a while

Sorry to hear about that man, My car was just scratched down the whole side so I know how you feel. They did it light enough not to break in the paint but it is noticeable. Hopefully when my Zaino arrives some of it will buff out. People today are heartless.