Some fu*ker broke into my car

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2003, 07:12 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Some fu*ker broke into my car

I was asleep lastnight when I was woken up by my alarm going off at about 4 am. It's never gone off b4 so I turned it off and then locked my car again, right after that I hear a car speed off. I go outside and my dads grand prix and my tl have both their passenger windows shattered. It took HPD 2 hours to get to my house, Im gonna have then take fingerprints, I dont really expect anything from it but Im gonna do it anyways. I never leave anything in my car overnight so even if they wouldnt have left they would have had nothing to take. I hate people who are too lazy to get a job, so they steal from other people. There's my rant for the day.

Brian
Old 12-17-2003, 07:27 AM
WhizzBomb

I hate that...

That sucks!

Small comfort I know... but there could be an upside. Same thing happened to my Honda a few years back. All they got was the head unit. Believe it or not they cought the bastards. I had a trial date and I got crazy restitution from each of three defendants... enough to cover my deductable, a new head unit and some other random money for no reason. AND they recovered the head unit. Don't give up hope yet. Ya never know...

Good luck!

Joe
Old 12-17-2003, 12:18 PM
Racer

Re: I hate that...

Originally posted by Whizzbomb
Small comfort I know... but there could be an upside. Same thing happened to my Honda a few years back. All they got was the head unit. Believe it or not they cought the bastards. I had a trial date and I got crazy restitution from each of three defendants... enough to cover my deductable, a new head unit and some other random money for no reason. AND they recovered the head unit. Don't give up hope yet. Ya never know...
[/B]
what?? they actually caught someone? damn, every time my car has been broken into (or a friend's) the cops tell us "yeah don't expect to ever hear anything". Not that I'd expect the police to start some intensive search based off a car break in, but im just surprised they actually did catch someone. do you know how?
Old 12-17-2003, 12:30 PM
WhizzBomb

Re: Re: I hate that...

Originally posted by vipvop
what?? they actually caught someone? damn, every time my car has been broken into (or a friend's) the cops tell us "yeah don't expect to ever hear anything". Not that I'd expect the police to start some intensive search based off a car break in, but im just surprised they actually did catch someone. do you know how?
Yea... the cop and I had a long talk about it. The nimrods that took it ran a stop sign and got pulled over. They were in a station wagon and (are you sitting down) had 14 head units with exposed wiring in the back! What pissed me off is the cop didn't show up do testify so the guy only faced 2 counts instead of 2 counts per head unit (I was the only person to testify).

They were able to trace the head unit back to me because of the serial number that I gave them when I filed the report.

Thanks,

Joe
Old 12-17-2003, 12:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
i hate those lil bastards that have ot go out and destroy other peoples property cause there too LAZY to get a job and buy stuff of there own. in 99 i bought a civic SI had the car for 2 weeks and the only night i had the car out of the garage overnight the lil bastards stole the wheels of the car 3 feet away from my front door. that kind of behavior just sucks, and i can only hope that some day some one will do to them what they have done to others, that or they would be cought and spend a little time with BUBBA in jail
Old 12-17-2003, 12:56 PM
Intermediate

I used to live with my brother, whose a cop, in Columbus, OH and one Sun. night I hear him yelling to me to get up stairs now. The next thing I know were standing at the door looking at 6 guys around my car, one with feet dangling out of the drivers window and the 2 of us with big shinny guns, wearin slippers! We, actually him first since he's the cop, go running out yellin and they scatter like roaches, except the one in the car, who happens to have a stun gun - weapons charge, screw driver - criminal tools, and some drugs on him - possession.

We drag him back to the house so scarred he pissed himself and my brother tells me hold the gun to his head and if he moves, shot him! My guns not loaded and didn't even work. Call 911 and find out an hour later the all the other idiots ran back to their get-a-way car, which is this guys and they drive it back to his house, were 3 cop cars are waiting. Needless to say, I got money too and a little more for my suffering.

We later found that this guy was notorious for car thefts and selling to pawn shops in the city and to this day, my brother makes it a point to let him know he's still around
!!!
Old 12-17-2003, 01:01 PM
Racer

Re: Re: Re: I hate that...

Originally posted by Whizzbomb
Yea... the cop and I had a long talk about it. The nimrods that took it ran a stop sign and got pulled over. They were in a station wagon and (are you sitting down) had 14 head units with exposed wiring in the back! What pissed me off is the cop didn't show up do testify so the guy only faced 2 counts instead of 2 counts per head unit (I was the only person to testify).

They were able to trace the head unit back to me because of the serial number that I gave them when I filed the report.
haha thats great, what kind of idiot steals 14 head units and then runs a stop sign? probably the same idiot that breaks into cars I guess...

the best protection for your car = desert eagle .50 - just get a chrome one, you won't need to fire any shots (I'd run faster than I ever had in my life if I saw one of these monsters):
Old 12-17-2003, 01:25 PM
WhizzBomb

In the immortal word of the MD State Police...

"I always try and dot the eyes. Less paperwork" -- State trooper on whether it's better to shot to kill or shoot to wound during.

=)

Joe
Old 12-17-2003, 01:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Setup a video cam with NV and perimeter sensors setup. Trip wire a few feet from the car at point of entry with claymores along the path. Make sure it faces out so the TL doesn't get any of the BB.
Old 12-17-2003, 01:26 PM
Instructor

Re: Some fu*ker broke into my car

Originally posted by blk_tl
I was asleep lastnight when I was woken up by my alarm going off at about 4 am. It's never gone off b4 so I turned it off and then locked my car again, right after that I hear a car speed off. I go outside and my dads grand prix and my tl have both their passenger windows shattered. It took HPD 2 hours to get to my house, Im gonna have then take fingerprints, I dont really expect anything from it but Im gonna do it anyways. I never leave anything in my car overnight so even if they wouldnt have left they would have had nothing to take. I hate people who are too lazy to get a job, so they steal from other people. There's my rant for the day.

Brian
Sorry to hear. You live by Memorial right? I-10 and beltway? I use to live off Longpoint, and it was super ghetto over there. We lived in the apts over there because my mom was the manager, and when we came home from college for the breaks we use to part our cars at our friends house because the first day we were there, some punks stole our STOCK Steelies....go figure. So for 2 years, we would all park our cars over at our friends neighborhood and leave the minivan at the apts, cuz nobody wants to jack a minivan.....

I hope those punks did not take anything valuable. I hopes the HPD get them....
Old 12-17-2003, 01:41 PM
Racer

Yeah I stay off longpoint. Its the second time in a year that a car in front of my house has been broken into. Well, my dad decided to call off the cop that was supposed to come over and do the fingerprints....
Old 12-17-2003, 02:05 PM
Instructor

Sorry to hear that blk_tl. They broke into my TL on my front lawn right in front of my window. They popped my hood and stole my Optima battery so I did not hear the alarm go off. They could not figure out how to open the trunk so they pried it open and F'd it up pretty bad. The cops took fingerprints but got nothing.
Old 12-17-2003, 02:22 PM
USMC Butterbars

Originally posted by vicman17
Setup a video cam with NV and perimeter sensors setup. Trip wire a few feet from the car at point of entry with claymores along the path. Make sure it faces out so the TL doesn't get any of the BB.
you've got to be in the military...lol
Old 12-17-2003, 03:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally posted by vicman17
wanna help with the install?
Old 12-17-2003, 03:40 PM
WhizzBomb

Originally posted by fsttyms1
wanna help with the install?
Hey... I'll do the install if he can supply the claymores

Joe
Old 12-17-2003, 03:56 PM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

sorry to hear that

and that's why i always look outside around my car if the alarm goes off. then turn it off when im sure there's nothing bad happening. and i got a few weapons here just waiting to be used

@cUr@-TL
Old 12-17-2003, 04:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Re: Re: Re: I hate that...

Originally posted by vipvop
haha thats great, what kind of idiot steals 14 head units and then runs a stop sign? probably the same idiot that breaks into cars I guess...

the best protection for your car = desert eagle .50 - just get a chrome one, you won't need to fire any shots (I'd run faster than I ever had in my life if I saw one of these monsters):
Actually you might find the rack of a Winchester Model 1300 Defender .12 Guage Riot Shotgun to be a bit more effective. It sends the message quick.

I like the idea about having motion detector that triggers a camera and an alarm to wake you up. Or those car alarms that page you. That's almost a necessity now days... How sad.

Old 12-17-2003, 05:32 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's very sad to see these kinds of posts. This is why I *always* keep my car garaged. And for those of you that don't have one, you guys should really try putting your car indoors. It's ridiculous to hear about these stories..what is our society coming too? Good thing nothing was stolen blk_tl. Hope they catch those SOB's
Old 12-17-2003, 06:10 PM
WhizzBomb

Cool Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I hate that...

Originally posted by scottiew
Actually you might find the rack of a Winchester Model 1300 Defender .12 Guage Riot Shotgun to be a bit more effective. It sends the message quick.

I like the idea about having motion detector that triggers a camera and an alarm to wake you up. Or those car alarms that page you. That's almost a necessity now days... How sad.

I'm sorry, but if you want a deterrent, this is the only way to go. I had one for a while. Not very useful, but crime in the entire city went down once the word got out

Old 12-18-2003, 10:57 PM
Racer

Well we did find one thing they took, my mom's cell that was in my dad's car. But at least thats all that was missing and we didnt leave any gifts in the car.
Old 12-19-2003, 08:54 AM
Instructor

You know if it is a GSM phone the cell phone companies can track it.
Old 12-19-2003, 01:01 PM
Racer

No, it was tdma
Old 12-19-2003, 11:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Sceptre
You know if it is a GSM phone the cell phone companies can track it.
They should be able to track it as well. It was like the first digital band (well CDMA was the first). I'm sure the police have ways of tracing it. It seems newer than GSM (at least to us here in Houston, TX).