Some Advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 03:31 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some Advice

Ok I am going to begin the modifications to the TL now that I have had it for 6 months. Right now I am getting ready to but a WW Kit for $500. Not sure if thats a good price as the paint is chipped and it will likely need touched up or repainted altogether. Should I but new? I cant seem to find a new SSM kit anywhere so my feeling is I need to jump on this deal.....what do you think?

Also I am officially sick to death of the warped rotor shimmy and saw the rotors (Rotora) are available for groupbuy again. I can get all around slotted ($305)plu ceramic rotora pads ($100) for just under $450 shipped. Is this a good deal. I think the rotors deal is solid but have heard rave's about greenstuff pads and am not sure about the rotora pads.

Any advice folks.....much obliged.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:12 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Wings West kits don't come painted, only the OEM kit does.

As for Rotora, I have nothing but good things to say about them. My entire brake system (well, except for the rear calipers) are equipped with Rotora parts and they are worth every penny I paid. As for the pads, there are other options out there; EBC Greenstuff seems to get a lot of praises, although I've never tried them myself. I'm running the supplied Rotora BBK pads in the front and Hawk HP Plus pads in the rear. Hawk pads are pretty decent, too. A lot of people seem to like the Akebono pads, as well.