So what is an acceptable cost for a spring install in LA?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 10:26 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So what is an acceptable cost for a spring install in LA?

Sorry, I'm sure this must get posted every couple months, but I was searching the forums trying to figure how much I should pay for a spring install in southern california, and I've basically heard 2 arguments:
1) in LA there is a lot of competetion and I shouldn't pay more than $200
2) the low priced spring install is a trend started by some cheap shops and I should expect to pay more ($300 or $400) because its long and hard work.

so is there anything to the 2nd argument? I just want to find a good shop that will do it as cheap as possible, but I don't want to pay $100 less and get a sh**ty job done.

also, anyone know any good shops in the pasadena area?
Old 12-21-2003, 10:34 PM
5th Gear

Re: So what is an acceptable cost for a spring install in LA?

Originally posted by vipvop
Sorry, I'm sure this must get posted every couple months, but I was searching the forums trying to figure how much I should pay for a spring install in southern california, and I've basically heard 2 arguments:
1) in LA there is a lot of competetion and I shouldn't pay more than $200
2) the low priced spring install is a trend started by some cheap shops and I should expect to pay more ($300 or $400) because its long and hard work.

so is there anything to the 2nd argument? I just want to find a good shop that will do it as cheap as possible, but I don't want to pay $100 less and get a sh**ty job done.

also, anyone know any good shops in the pasadena area?
I have a buddy in that area, where I used to live, that will do it for $80.
I used to work for Eibach Springs, and he helped me with a ton of installations on Accors and the CL/TL cars. He is very compitent and will be able to help you out. He about an hour from you, but I think it would be well worth your money to give him a call.

PM me if you are interested.
Old 12-22-2003, 03:04 AM
Yeah, its STOCK!!!

if you're in sac... u can get that same price here too!! 80 bucks for installation. and if you don't already have springs... it's 300 isntalled.
Old 12-22-2003, 03:14 AM
5th Gear

Originally posted by dtpjigzer
if you're in sac... u can get that same price here too!! 80 bucks for installation. and if you don't already have springs... it's 300 isntalled.
I do all of my own work.

I started a little enterprise when I lived in SoCal with quite a few of the members from here and V6P.net

Where do you go up here for those prices? Just wondering cuz I know a couple of shop pwners around here.
Old 12-23-2003, 05:09 AM
Yeah, its STOCK!!!

Originally posted by Ei-ccord
I do all of my own work.

I started a little enterprise when I lived in SoCal with quite a few of the members from here and V6P.net

Where do you go up here for those prices? Just wondering cuz I know a couple of shop pwners around here.
sma... or i go to my own mechanic dat does all my ish!