This is so funny... You have to read this!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 02:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is so funny... You have to read this!!

Alright, well Im sure many of you remember the thread that I wrote about my brake pads not being changed with my rotors at my dealership, and the dealership wanting to charge me for pads. I got many replies tellign me that I shouldn't be charged as the TSB calls for pads to be replaced for free too, and the dealership that I go to was trying to rip me off and what not.

Well I get a PM today telling me to call this number in which I did and it was the service manager for my dealership!! He read my thread on this forum and wanted to personally talk to me and try to resolve the issue or any qualms I might be having with the dealership. I was amazed that he read the thread, and obviously he realized that, his dealership's name might get hurt.

Well to recap the phone convo I had with him, it was him being very nice, apologetic and telling me that next time I come, to make sure I go to him directly and he will be sure to take care of me personally. He told me that he will warranty my pads out, and that if I have any problems or if Im unhappy in any way, he wants me to talk to him first before I take the issue here.. haha!!!

Overall very nice guy and situation came to good resolution that I was happy about. I defeitely will go back to them. The reason he didnt warranty my pads out from the beginning was that he said that, he didnt have the revised TSB and he only had the old TSB, that stated to just resurface rotors. The revised TSB states to not only resurface rotors but to also change out brake pads. This was his reasoning.

Im sure he might read this post too, so I wanna make sure to say that, thank you Norman for taking the time to resolve this issue as soon as you came to know about it.

Wow, the power of the forum. :bowdown:
Old 05-03-2004, 02:48 PM
Banned

Now for those of you wondering, I guess the brake pads have to be changed under the new revised TSB. He told me that he will let me know to what miles the pads are warrantable.

And for those of you that didnt read my previous thread regarding this topic here it is: Previous Thread on Brake Pads Click Here
Old 05-03-2004, 03:09 PM
TL-S driver

Good job! Does anyone from Park Ave Acura read this forum? Cause there's another dealership that scams their customers!
Old 05-03-2004, 06:15 PM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by goldendragon576
Good job! Does anyone from Park Ave Acura read this forum? Cause there's another dealership that scams their customers!
NYDesi,

Glad to hear that you had a good resolution to your problem!

goldendragon,

I don't know about here, but I know jens on acura-cl.com works for PAA. I'm surprised that you've had a problem with PAA because they have one of the best reputations out there in regards to dealerships. People across the country know about them, and people from the Tri-State area drive to NJ to goto PAA. They are generally mod-friendly, and have been especially supportive of Acura owners when the tranny problem was not officially recognized by Acura. I hope whatever problems you might have with PAA would be able to be resolved with jens on Acura-CL.com ...
Old 05-03-2004, 07:14 PM
USMC Butterbars

I know wayne from PAA used to post on this board back in the day. I dunno if he still does though.

btw, im confused, were you having these problems with PAA, PAragon acura, or Valley Stream Acura?