So Cal Acura Dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2002, 10:23 PM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post So Cal Acura Dealerships

Okay..I'm having the hardest time getting my car. I am going to retract my deposit tomorrow from Sierra Acura..turns out..they couldn't get the car...just lied to me to get me to put a deposit. Anyway....I was going to settle for a WDP/Parchment...but I really didn't want it. So I started calling all the dealerships down here in Southern California..and I want peoples Advice. So far....Tustin Acura will be recieving a WDP/Ebony w/Navi within 10-13 days. So then I called Weir Canyon Acura...and they told me alot of info....it appears Weir, Tustin & Cush Are the only ones receiving this combo..and it's barely being built. Weir has built dates. The guy was really cool with me. He also knows about this site!!! So I guess my question is....Which dealership has a better Rep? Tustin or Weir? I heard Tustin is the same company with Downey..and Downey is pure dishonest. So let me know guys...I'm leaning towards Weir Canyon Acura. I will be taking a trip to either one of them to work out a deal first. But it's like a 30-40 minute drive..so I want to do this with only two trips....work out deal..then pick up car.

Thanks people! I guess I'm not getting my car anytime soon...... unless I settle for another color combo.

also..did you know, out of all the TL colors....only 6% is WDP? 1 out of 4 has ebony.
Old 01-22-2002, 11:03 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you try Acura 101 West. I was up there last week and they had one in the combo you want. I know how hard it is because I tried to get the same combo on the 2000 when it first came out. If you can't find it in So. Cal, try Bell Acura in Phoenix. They have a big inventory and you could fly in and sign the paper work at the airport on a weekend and be out of there. That is what I did. I can even give you the sales guys name if you want.
Old 01-22-2002, 11:10 PM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

Acura 101 West has one? Does it have Navi? I guess I'll call them tomorrow and find out. if they have it on the spot..I'm taking it! That's how you did it? You signed the paperwork at the airport? and did you drive the car back to Los Angeles or something? i dont' really want to do that..my mom would think I'm insane. :p
Old 01-23-2002, 02:50 AM
Pro

yeah.. i had that same problem...when they say they're gonna get it ...its hard to believe them. acura 101 west has a board with all there shipments so....you can ask them....if not they get it from out of state for you. I think Keys gets the most shipments of cars tho.... but i dont like there sales people.....they ****ln lie.

When I went to Keys. They said they were goin to get the car I wanted in 5 days...but other dealers said that nobodies getting it (dealers are all somehow connected, they know hows getting what)...that it was gonna take a month for every dealer to get it. so i went to 101 west and ordered one out of state(take like 2 weeks)...then 5 days later Keys calls me and said they got it..i was like BS..then they had it....but what i dont like about Keys is...that they lied to me about getting free navi updates every year, somehow they find a way to jack you...they say one thing then all of a sudden they say another..."uhmm we didnt say that"..(i was yelling at them cuz of this) and cuz they're sneaky. I got the car there cuz i didn't want to wait. all those guys are so superficial too...i hate that shlT~ but there server department guy rick....is cool.....and if you go to keys for sales ask for david mills....hes cool.....and at 101 west ask for brian....he tries really hard to order the car for you.
anyways...hope you get your car soon i know you've been waiting awhile now....GOOD LUCK~~!!
Old 01-23-2002, 02:50 AM
Drifting

sorry i didn't have time to hear the whole story today...i was a little tied up working some magic on the ride! but yeah, that's why a lot of people say sierra sucks. if i was you, i would try the phone attack. just ask both dealerships that you are more than ready to buy and for them to fax/email you the best price and that you will call the one of them back and put a credit hold on the car...make sure whatever they send you has the vin number and lot arrival date!!! you then go there to sign papers and work out whatever you need...then go back and pick up the car.
Old 01-23-2002, 03:22 AM
bluLEGEND

Weir

My usual dealer. Good people. Never bought a car from them though. Use them for service.
Old 01-23-2002, 03:37 AM
Burning Brakes

Thumbs up

Hey ElegantTL,
I live in Northern Cali but I couldn't find a WDP/Parchment combo up here -- let alone at a good price. So, I checked out the Southern Cali dealers and ended up at Acura 101 West. Had the entire deal worked out before I caught a plane down there and drove my baby back up here.

You can try asking for the owner, Bob Perham (he's a friend of a friend), to try and get the real scoop on a WDP/Ebony. Since we had a mutual friend he handled my deal personally, then turned things over to a salesman once things were agreed upon. Bob kept me up to date with my car's progress on the line and even gave me the VIN number early so that I could expedite some of my paperwork. My car even came in earlier than expected! I just wish I lived nearby so that I could get my car serviced at his dealership.

Hope you have better luck here!

Vincent
Old 01-23-2002, 11:20 AM
Advanced

Go to Tustin Acura and ask for John McKay, Fleet slaes manager. He will take care of you. Got my TL-S from him.
Old 01-23-2002, 01:07 PM
Instructor

I wouldn't buy from either. Had bad experiences with both of them when I bought my CL last Feb. I can say that I have been very happy with Weir Canyon service dept.
Old 01-23-2002, 03:55 PM
Instructor

I don't know if you tried this dealer yet (actually, forgot the name) but have you tried calling the Acura dealership by Calabasas off the 101. I go to the Calabasas Volvo and MB for my service I drove by the Acura dealership a couple of times. It looks like they have a decent stock of TLs there.

Regards,
Mike H.
Old 01-23-2002, 04:04 PM
Banned

In Orange County at least, try to buy from either Weir Canyon, Tustin or South Coast. I bought from South Coast because they gave me the best price (John McKay wouldn't budge on his price). For service, I say goto Tustin Acura.
Old 01-23-2002, 06:01 PM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

Hey guys!!! Thanks for all the lovely replies!! I just love this board!!!! okay well...i tried Acura 101 West...they have nothing...nothing at all!

So I thought I go with my two choices since they are the only ones getting it. I tried calling Weir...the person I spoke with has a day off today, so Im calling tomorrow.

Now...I called Tustin....Talked to John McKay...Getting one next week, it is on his "ON ORDER LIST" Built Date is from the 21th-24th, so it should be finished and ready for shipping. And should arrive in approx 10 days, end of next week or so. He said $35,049 OTD, $1300 (5%) over invoice. and he will give me the body kit for $1140 installed. Once it's in transit, he will call me to let me know and give me the VIN # to the car asap. Which would be tomorrow or Saturday. I will be calling Weir tomorrow to see what he'll do for me. shieet...he wouldn't budge on the price either. I was going to pay $34,700 for the TL-S at Sierra before..until he screwed me over. so i'll be paying like around an extra $300 for this baby.
Old 01-23-2002, 06:06 PM
Instructor

Try Bell Acura in Phoenix, they usually keep a good stock of TL's and if not them then Scottsdale Acura. It is worth the drive to get the price and the color you want.
Old 01-23-2002, 06:13 PM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

I miiiight..try that....imma look at their inventory to see if they got any now..

EDIT: Nope...they don't got any...i guess i might try Tustin Acura..but I'll need peoples opinions first. read above..
Old 01-23-2002, 08:20 PM
Racer

You can also try Thomas Acura in West Covina (where I bought my car) they also have a board and see when is the car coming and what kind...or you can try Cerritos Acura is at Cerritos auto square..
Old 01-23-2002, 08:56 PM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

Hey Ian...Keep in mind..I have checked with all dealers within range already. Weir, Tustin, Cush are the only ones receiving them. So yeah....they are mostly getting the parchment interior one.
Old 01-24-2002, 01:04 AM
Burning Brakes

Ray,

I might drop by Weir Canyon Acura tomorrow for some service. It's pretty close to my house so I usually go their for maintenance. I'll ask them about their shipments of WDP/ebony.

I bought my car from Sierra Acura and they treated me well. Sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. Was it with that shaky new salesguy that talked to us when we were there?
Old 01-24-2002, 01:26 AM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

Hey Josh, Yeah, ask for me also, to see if it's really coming. Ask how many dealers are receiving one and which ones.

haha, no it wasn't that shaky guy...actually, i've seen him the few times after i went again..he was actually pretty cool after, he actually remembers my name! Oh well.....fvck Sierra Acura. Sierra only has like two honest sales, and ONE honest manager, the rest are big fvckers..haha....i wonder if i'm gonna get sewed (remember the guy from vwvortex?? :p ) cuz i'm talking crap about them cuz they gave me a horrible car buying experience.
Old 01-24-2002, 10:56 PM
Instructor

Hey E!
Did you try Santa Monica? My sales guy was Dave, nice guy, no BS. Good luck, I hope you get it, and at a good price!!!
Old 01-24-2002, 11:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

yeah i know dave too, he was the very first sales guy who talked to me there, though i ended up going with the internet manager for no hassle price.

i'd say santa monica acura has some very good sales people, but their service really sux......
Old 01-24-2002, 11:28 PM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

Thanks...I tried...they won't be getting a wdp/ebony type s w/navi
Old 01-25-2002, 12:44 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by jbs221
Hey E!
Did you try Santa Monica? My sales guy was Dave, nice guy, no BS. Good luck, I hope you get it, and at a good price!!!
I think Dave might be the one that sold my GF the TL as well. Nice guy.
Old 01-25-2002, 03:14 AM
Burning Brakes

white diamond with ebony is just hard to find...

hmm...but it will be a very unique car

city

i'll make contacts to see ray
Old 01-25-2002, 11:52 AM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

Hey George..when do you wake up? haha..are you at work? Keyes Acura called me....he said it's in transit....should be here in two damn weeks. he won't give me a OTD price cuz he's just a salesman and he gotta talk to his manager. he's soooooo dam eager to get me to do the paperwork. I don't know...i can't wait two weeks...haha....fvck...
Old 01-25-2002, 12:20 PM
Pro

Try making an offer to buy on Priceline.com. That's how I bought my 2001 TL. I sent out my offer to as broad a portion of Southern California as possible, and an Acura dealer in Cathedral City (near Palm Springs) wound up meeting my price. If nobody is willing to match you, you still should get a response with either alternative prices or color combos. Also, no cost to you unless you buy the car or someone offers to sell on your exact terms and you refuse to accept.
Old 01-25-2002, 12:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Ray,

Did you call all the dealers that I mentioned to see if their incoming WDP/ebonys are already reserved? Seriously, if you want a new one fast, that is your best bet. Two weeks is a short time to wait and a time you'll have to wait, cause no SoCal dealer will be getting that color till another week or two. Tell the Keyes Acura salesman that you're downright serious and ready to talk pricing. How did Thomas Acura go, btw?

If you miss this shipment. You get to wait till the next one and hope that you can find your car then.
Or special order it and wait 60 days for it to be made.

-Josh