Skeeking seats?!?!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 08:00 AM
@ slide or die @

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Skeeking seats?!?!!

Hi everyone, as wel all know, out TLs tend to have this problem on the front seats.Does anyone know how to fix it?..There has to be something loose that causes the skeeking front seat. Hopefully that who knows will not only help me but all other with this problem...please drop your thoughts here...even if you dont know what the hell to do, ill try everything its DRIVIN ME CRAZY!

Thanks,
peace :thefinger

oh, does anyone know whats the best way to wax the TL.... im doing it this afternoon and i have no idea how to do it.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:20 AM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

wash the car, clean with a clay bar, then wash it again. Now here we go - 1 coat of paint cleaner (step 1 - typically reffered to) then a coat of polish (yes, step 2) and then Wax your brains out.

I did all of this except the clay bar two weeks ago, the car was smooth. Then I discovered what the clay bar really does, basically you are using a piece of play-doh (clay) and spraying the car with detailer (spray bottle came with the clay bar). You rub the clay on the car and it takes everything off of the clear coat, even thoes little black/rusty colored ones that wont come off with any type of wash n' wax. Never knew the car could feel sooooo smooth, definetly worth the time, espically if you just bought it, start off right.

The clay bar takes everything off the surface of the car, so if you are unable to continue waxing after the claybaring, the car will be bare (wax less) and should wash the car before waxing, to make sure all of the clay bar stuff is off. (it picks up dirt off the surface and it needs to be rinced off before the wax is applied)

Once you clay bar once you shouldn't have to do it as often as you want to wax the car, but if you are starting on a used car (like me) you will get 100x better results using a clay bar first. I was stupid I did everything but claybaring and the car was really nice, but after claybaring, there is absolutly no contest, highly reccomended!! IMO

I use strickly Meguiars products on my car but guys here are usually a 50-50 split between Meguiars and Zaino, I'm sure both are justy as good, but Meguiars just came out with " Meguiars NXT Gen. Wax " that is supposed to be one of the best waxes so far, many people swear by it, but it's hard to locate up here (new product).

Oh, and the " SEEKING " seats ?? don't know what you mean, "Squeaking"?

I think that is the center console but I don't have that probvlem so I unfortuinatly can't help with that one.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:29 AM
@ slide or die @

haha...thats what i ment...

i only have a Wax bottle, with a yellow spongy thing...no clay bars and all that stuff you mentioned.

Anyone else KNOW HOW TO GET RID OF MY "SKEEKIN'" seats (squaking)
Old 04-30-2004, 08:41 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for "skeekin" seats, find the source of it and give it a shot of wd40. I had the driverside seatbelt receiver "skeek" after a few months I owned the car. Gave it a double shot by the bolt and now it's quiet. I'm now starting to get some "skeekin" in my passenger seat. So time to hunt for that one.
.....and get a claybar ! You'll be happy you did it.
Old 04-30-2004, 04:56 PM
@ slide or die @

ok, how about removing the wax, is it necesary?

alright ill try shooting some wd40 at the seat, thx!
Old 04-30-2004, 05:08 PM
Instructor

How do you "Skeekin" seats?
Old 04-30-2004, 06:12 PM
Instructor

Writing from Japan.

I also had a problem of "Squeaking" some month after I owned my brand new Saber.
There were two causes.
One squeaking came from around center console and my dealer replaced seat belt buckle of both front seats, then it had gone.
Another one came from seat backs of the both front seats and my dealer also replaced seat backs (not entire seats) and it had gone.

I believe that quite many of people on this forum will have the same experience.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:15 PM
Drifting

after you repair your skeeking seat, make sure you wash your rig so it is skeeking clean. sorry couldn't resist.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by seattle dale
after you repair your skeeking seat, make sure you wash your rig so it is skeeking clean. sorry couldn't resist.
You have a great sense of humor... LOL :lol1:
Old 05-01-2004, 02:11 AM
@ slide or die @

haha...errr, i must be spanish or something, i dont get it...o wait, i am spanish.

WD40 didnt work...anyone have any IDEAS?? wanna rip those f_skeekin seats off!
Old 05-01-2004, 06:40 PM
Burning Brakes

I had the same issue with my TL when I first got it - in addition to the seat squeaking, it also rocked a bit back and forth. The dealer replaced the tracks the seats motor on, and both problems went away... I have no idea how much it cost to do that since the repair was done under warranty, but it took them about an hour to do once the parts arrived.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:13 AM
6th Gear

Hi all-

Brand new here. I have this problem and found the forum searching it on the internet. In my case, it is more of a creeking than and skeek as it were.

Dealer fixed it once and it was better to 30 minutes. Dealer fixed it second time and better for 2 weeks. Will be bringing car in again and I am promised loaner and this time the dealer says they will "not complete the job until they replace something.

I really like this car, I got a neat satellite radio install. Every thing perfect but the creaking with starting, stopping, and turning.

UB
Old 05-04-2004, 09:29 AM
Pro

SQUEAKING
Old 05-04-2004, 02:36 PM
@ slide or die @

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! i took it to the dealership today, 45min ride, i get there, they take it back, 1hour later they give it back to me its cool, i ride back home (45min) i get home and as im getting out of the seat "SKEEEEEEK"!!!! i sit back down, "SKEEEEEEEK"!! i get back up all pissed "SKEEEK"! and i dont know if i should call the dealer and try to be nice to them.

haha this is awesome. did any of you duds with the problem got it fixed?how?
too bad im sucha a peacefull kid, otherwise i'd burn that dealer to the floor.
peace.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:32 PM
Pro

i feel like burning this thread to the floor.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by etxxz
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! i took it to the dealership today, 45min ride, i get there, they take it back, 1hour later they give it back to me its cool, i ride back home (45min) i get home and as im getting out of the seat "SKEEEEEEK"!!!! i sit back down, "SKEEEEEEEK"!! i get back up all pissed "SKEEEK"! and i dont know if i should call the dealer and try to be nice to them.

haha this is awesome. did any of you duds with the problem got it fixed?how?
too bad im sucha a peacefull kid, otherwise i'd burn that dealer to the floor.
peace.

Call them back up and tell them it didn't work. Tell them the same story you said above about your trip back, but leave out the parts about getting upset. Be nice - their work is guaranteed for like 30 days or something, so they can't tell you to take a hike. I would also tell them that they are a bit of a haul to get to; your time – just like theirs – is valuable, and that maybe it would be best if they gave you a loaner for a day while they investigate and create a permanent fix for your problem. Remember to be polite. You can always fly off the hook later and burn your bridges if things don't work out, but it's early yet and you paid good money for them to fix the problem. Spin it so it sounds like you’re giving them a second chance to show you they can fix the problem and are reputable people. Again, be polite and nice – don’t start anything. Just my .02
Old 05-04-2004, 04:59 PM
Need a WHAmbulance

And I hope you didn't tell them your seat was "Skeeking" instead of squeaking. If you did they will think you are too stupid to own that nice of a car and will have another story to tell around the grease pits.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:13 PM
@ slide or die @

i set an appointment for saturday, like i said before im very peacefulland was nice, but i probably wont the third time...ill be skeekin' in their faces!!

*check out the miami meet pix we had on sunday!
Old 05-04-2004, 08:21 PM
Drifting

ok its official, skeeking has now been added to the American english dictionary.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:29 PM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by seattle dale
ok its official, skeeking has now been added to the American english dictionary.
LOL.... this thread has made me laugh the whole way through... provided me with a few laughs every few days of reading new entries...

nice...