Side Mirror Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 02:39 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Side Mirror Help

Hi Guys, I bought a 00 Acura TL from some Dufus in Utica NY this weekend for a really really low $$. It only has 47K on the car and the interior is mint as well as the exterior. However, the only thing wrong about the car at this point is the driver side mirror. He said he took it to a car wash and when he came out of it the mirror housing was cracked. He didn't notice it at first but I guess with driving it around and hitting normal bumps on the road, the crack got worst, hence, a floppy mirror. So the said dufus, instead of fixing it right the first time, took metal strips with holes and Screwed it on to the mirror housing; one on the top and one on the back (Can you believe it?!?!?! So when you're driving the car, you see this metal band staring at you! What a pain! So needless to say I order one on line but I need to get it painted. I searched the threads and found a couple of useful hints on how to install the new mirror. But just to reconfirm with the experts (you the reader) all I have to do is to take out two screws and pull / pry up the inside door panel to reveal the harness right? So where are these two screws located and if anyone out there has a diagram of some sort showing the door and it's components that would be most helpful. Remember, we're guys and as all guys do, we do better with pictures!!!! Thanks in advanced guys