Should I or Should I not

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2002, 02:12 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should I or Should I not

Hey guys,

I have a problem, people are telling me to get Computech as an exhaust system. But I was wondering does it make any noise when u accelerate the car? Plus, I was thinking of installing Turbo Supercharger in my car? You think that is wise? My friend told me not too.
Old 09-26-2002, 04:32 AM
Three Wheelin'

i think the major complain is the low rumble at 2k rpm
Old 09-26-2002, 09:14 AM
Racer

problems with forced induction

the TLS has a high compressoion ratio....you will need to have a a way to adjust timing and optimize fuel mixture under all loads. This might require after market stand alone ecu or some sort of piggy back ecu. The other issue is the tranny.....who really knows what torque spec it's rated for. It's a dangerous venture. I'd wait for a fully tested kit to come out. Either way, it's risky with the auto tranny.
Old 09-26-2002, 09:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Lightbulb

Well, Comptech has been testing their Supercharger for 6 months now... both on the auto and the manual... and both are running great. I'm about 99% sure that they are running a tranny cooler though (which they will be packaging and selling for around $100 soon), so that's something to keep in mind. Oh and BTW... supercharger should be out around Christmas time (although the release date keeps changing).

As for the exhaust.. I love them... they are awesome. I drive 95% highway mileage, where the RPMs are usually in the 1800 to 2200 range and the sound isn't that bad at all. If you drive with the radio on (at normal volume.. not loud), you won't even really hear them. Don't get me wrong... the drone is there... but you will get used to it after a week.

My best advise is this.... ride with someone who has the exhausts. The sound is subjective. I absolutely love mine... but some get annoyed by the drone. Ride with someone who has them and make up your own mind. Otherwise you'll have 10 replies on here... 5 saying yes... 5 saying no......
Old 09-26-2002, 03:09 PM
The "old" guy

Re: Should I or Should I not

Originally posted by WiLLS Type S
..... I was thinking of installing Turbo Supercharger in my car?

Hmmm.....
Old 09-26-2002, 07:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
i have the comptech with one resonator cut off because the sound wasnt loud enough for me, with both off it was nice sounding but a little anoying for long trips. deffinatly go for the comptech:smokin:
Old 09-27-2002, 02:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

lol. low rumble. thats why people get exhuast. if you want something to make no noise keep the stocker and paint it silver to make it look shiny. i have my comptechs in my garage now and im gonna install them tommorow, cant wait to ****ing make some noise.