Scale 1-10 ........... READ

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 09:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
was going to buy my car at Montclair Acura when i lived in Jersey... but when i walked in, i got crappy service... treated like a kid unlike others on here.. so i went somewhere else.. 2/10...

now that i moved to TX, i go to McDavid Acura in Plano, NJ... awesome service... did not hesitate to give me a loaner even though i am under 25 yrs old... car was fixed except for missing car wash... but they did it on next oil change a few days later... 8/10
Old 10-27-2005, 09:18 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All three are in Ontario:

Acura of North Toronto:
Sales: 0/10
Service: 0/10

Sales:
Bunch of liars and scammers.
1) Wanted a WDP TL-S, said that there wasn't any left in Toronto and they even pretended to look around and said no. They pushed us for SSM b/c their inventory was full of SSM.
2) They had a WDP demo car that ran +40k already and offered us a 5k discount.
3) $900cdn spoiler option, said it was OEM but really it was really aftermarket.

Service:
1) My mom took the car in for service and they threatened to void my warranty because my car was modded (suspension and CAI)
2) Service reps treats you like crap (maybe its only me because I was still young)

Acura of Markham
Sales: 8/10
Service: 8/10

Sales:
Went in to look at models while car was being service. Overall they are knowledgable people and they don't try to "hot sale". I like it when they leave you alone to look at things and are there for you when you need them.

Service:
The servicing reps are nice people. Treated me with respect. Only problem I have is that they take forever to work on your car. Courtesy vehicles and shuttles is provided but sometimes you gotta wait for them to come back. Usually a nice car wash after service.

Sterne Acura (Aurora)
Sales: 9/10
Service: N/A

Sales:
I went to Stern Acura after my stupid purchase from North Toronto. I only knew of them the day after I got my car b/c my gf's parents also got a WDP the day I got my car and she told me about them. Anyways long story short, hit up Sterne. Sales reps were very nice. They had 2 WDP waiting to go. Tested out the car on a non-busy road for more than 15min. Went back to the dealer, no hassle or pressure from the sales rep to buy. It was a very enjoyable experience.

Service:
Never went there for service before because they are a bit outta the way from where I live. From what my girlfriend is telling me, they treat her parents well.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:34 PM
NiGhT rIdEr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
plaza auto mall gets a big 0
Old 10-27-2005, 11:47 PM
Qwaenam Crew

It seems like no one talked about dealership in San Diego..

I give Cush Acura (middle part of SD county) 9/10. Most things covered under warranty even the film on the pillar of the rear door.. I got a loaner car for that.. (beat the S*** out of the TSX) and it shares the service area with Jaguar (&Aston Martin). Maybe that's why they are nice.. but the sales.. I don't quite remember.. I bought my car at the same dealership.. I don't recall any issue with sales dept.. it was pretty swift..

I ordered COmptech Icebox from Acura of Escondido (northern SD). It was pretty quick and simple. I got the Icebox shipped to me in 3 days... 9 for the service dept.

I've personally never been to Ball Acura in National City (southern SD) but I heard some good things about them.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:45 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Proctor Acura, Tallahassee FL

Excellent service dept 10/10
Parts, couldn't be better 10/10
Sales 8/10

I guess the reason that I continue buying Acuras is the friendly, personal treatment I get when I have to go to the dealership. Proctor is light years ahead of other dealerships I have used in the past with different brands of cars. Ford was horrible, a verbal fight at every service, the same with Dodge. Toyota didn't fare much better.
I am spoiled now and will continue buying Acuras I pay a bit more but have many less headaches and better cars. I still have some bad feelings about the 2nd generation transmission issue but now own 2 3rd gen TLs and am happy as hell.
Last week, I was in memphis and needed an oil change and the dealership was impressive there with friendly staff and prompt service.
I am beyond the point of getting treated like shit when getting my cars serviced.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:55 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Addendum to the above post

Although I rated Proctor Dealership as outstanding, I feel that I must mention Acura client services.
Rating: 0/10
I have always been treated rudely by ACS. Acura should evaluate ACS and make some major changes to assist the customers. I'm sure that nearly everyone on the forum has experienced the same.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:40 AM
9th Gear

Bradshaw Acura in Greenville SC- 10+!!!!! These guys are so great! Always provide a loaner car for me, no questions asked, and always a car wash. I'm soooooo picky about my car, since I too work as a service advisor in a dealership, and these guys at Bradshaw always exceed my expectations.....
Old 10-30-2005, 01:15 AM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
well I bought my TL from the used car department at DCH Montclair Acura in NJ. I was very pleased with the customer service I received. Allen Saltz was my salesman and he was honest, took me very seriously, and returned my phone calls when he said he would. Oh yeah, AND I got a good deal. The other associates I dealt with to sign paperwork, etc, were also helpful and friendly so I have to give them a 9. I cant tell you about the service dept though, I havent taken the car in.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:35 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Madtown Acura
Zimbrick Acura 10/10!
www.z-acura.com
Madison, WI

Great sales & Great service!

Agree...mostly.

Warranty work 10/10.
Out out warranty work:
Service: 10
Price: 5 $$$

However, their parts department will PRICE MATCH any other source out there. They offerred to price match Ray Laks on body kits without even calling them.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:52 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NsX Pilot
Westchester acura

Sales....... 8
parts....... 8
service.... 9

Curry acura

sales.... 2
parts.... 10
service. 10
I bought my TL from Curry and had no problem with my salesman. The price was fine, no hard sale of bogus warranties or other dealer add-ons.

My first service also went fine with them (although they "didn't have time" to wash my car).

Parts, however, are too high. You can buy them on the Internet for much less (including from Curry!).
Old 11-01-2005, 01:45 PM
White 2000 TL

Acura of Peabody in Mass 9/10 Real Good Service
Old 11-01-2005, 02:45 PM
Instructor

moderators should turn this thread into an Acura Dealer database for ratings, comments, issues etc... once this central db blows up, i guarantee that dealerships will start treating ACURA_TL.COM users better.

what do you think?
Old 11-01-2005, 03:52 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by neuronbob
In northeast Ohio (read: Cleveland area):

Motorcars Acura (where I bought my car)
Sales 9/10. I was treated like a king and taken seriously even though I look much younger than my age (age 34, look like mid-20's). I made it clear I wanted to buy a TL, they made it clear they wanted to sell a TL--no bullls*** approach. I was made to feel as if I was purchasing a luxury automobile. I had an honest salesman--an anomaly in today's society, and got a fair trade for my Intrepid.

Service 7/10. This is my second dealer-serviced car, and while the service dept. does a good job, their prices are a little high and they weren't able to fix the center console hinge on the first try. At least they're nice. I also live in the neighborhood, an added plus.

Park Acura, Akron
2/10. I got an Internet quote from these jokers, $27 800, told them about my trade, and my wife and I drove 30 miles hoping to make a deal. It was over in 5 minutes. They flat-out refused to deal with me. I was polite to a T, but as soon as I mentioned the trade again, my car in good shape, they offered a trade value that they knew was ridiculous, almost an insult. Didn't even offer a test drive. When I didn't bite, they basically said, "I'm sorry I can't budge", and I walked. The salesman even had the gall to introduce me to the manager on the way out! Almost as if to say to the guy, "if he tries to come back, stonewall him". Don't go to these fvckers, they are dishonest. I've bought 6 new cars and this was the worst experience I've ever had. I ran to Motorcars the same day.

Agree with you on sales almost bought a merc C class. The sales reps turned me off at the Benz Store. Went across the road to motorcars and was treated well.
As for service Motorcars is a bit pricey but the work is well done 9.5/10 for service.

May want to try this place it is called RISING SUN AUTOMOTIVE near heather hill nursing home in Chardon ohio. 10/10. The gent is very honest, and very good.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:07 AM
B93P TL Owner

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Acura Carland (Metro ATL, GA) - a strong 10 in my book!!
Old 11-04-2005, 11:39 AM
Racer

island acura
wantaugh, ny

they get a big 0 for the service dept is horrible never had a good expierence taking the car there. on a side note i'd like to beat the shit outta the service manager cause i dont like the way he tries to make you feel like you dont know what your talking about. Took the car at 3000miles for slipping tranny they tried to tell me i drove the car to hard and it was my fault. And one of those service people told me they werent gonna warrenty those foggy headlights cause i was in an accident which the car never was so in the end after 3 times of denyin there bs they were giving me they must have had someone who knew what they where looking at tell them the car was never in an accident. So a big fuck you to the service dept and part of the sales department at island acura.

There was actually one really nice guy in the part dept helped me out saved me buying a new o2 sensor, sorry you gotta be associated wit them buddy.

ralleye acura
roslyn, ny

they get a 9 pretty good service and nice people alittle on the expensive side for non warrenty work but much better then going to island
Old 11-04-2005, 01:22 PM
Wifes Car

Gettel Acura
Sarasota, Fl

8/10 service

I just took my TLS to get the timing belt tens. recall done had no problems nice people to deal with gave me a loaner no questions asked

now the used car sales at this dealership sucks (they share with Nissan and Hyundai) I had nothing but problems trying to work a deal with them. my dad bought a 03 Monte Carlo from them and got $5000 off the price i tried to get $1800 off a I35 they said nope. plus the salesman was being a smart ass.

Brad
Old 11-14-2005, 12:49 AM
B A N N E D

Ed Martin, Indianapolis, IN

I would rate them overall 8 out of 10.

Parts dept I would rate at 4 out of 10. They are a little big headed there and missing most of their business to ebay and not getting the point at all?
Old 11-14-2005, 02:11 AM
Instructor

Sierra Acura 1/10 rips me off like no other and slow service. long waiting for appointments.
all they do is flirt with my female friends that i brought along on friday
Old 11-14-2005, 03:51 PM
Racer

Curry Acura - Scarsdale, NY

Give their service/part department 9/10

Very nice and helpful,call back and kept you inform, and after every service you get a free wash and vacuum. Went out of their way to fix my cd player - after taking it there 3 times but they work on it until they figure out the problem.

Sales - No experience there since i didn't buy my car from them, but they didn't seem pushy to me.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:37 PM
Drive fast & swerve

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DMan
Hubler Acura of Indianapolis - 1 out of 10

The general manager is a crook. I'm so angry with them I drive 20 miles out of my way for all of my service. Hubler was unwilling to work with me after I discovered what they did, and it wasn't even that much money. I only lost a few hundred dollars, but I've talked three people out of buying cars at Hubler, and the other Acura dealer (Ed Martin) got the business.
What happened? Buying experience, or service?

I'm just the opposite...I'd give Hubler a 10 for service, never been there for anything else. Ed Martin gets a 0 since they gave me the run around. Like you, I drive way out of my way to go to Hubler...I live in Castleton if that says how much I hate Ed Martin.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:21 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by IndyTypeS
What happened? Buying experience, or service?

I'm just the opposite...I'd give Hubler a 10 for service, never been there for anything else. Ed Martin gets a 0 since they gave me the run around. Like you, I drive way out of my way to go to Hubler...I live in Castleton if that says how much I hate Ed Martin.
I also live same area.....Have also had my probs with Ed Martin. Both service and parts....gave them the denefit of doubt on the service part....but maybe I am mistaken? Only been there for first oil change so far.....other then when they duped my brand new rims on install and tried to pass them off to me. (that was the benefit of the doubt part...since they eventually made it right after basically calling me a liar?) What they couldnt deny is that "they called me and asked?" which is what started it - cause I knew they were gonna say that stuff and didnt want to go through it in the first place - but they called, which kind of begged the question? (which I might note...they didnt do after the oil change following) I recently got about 6 oil filters, 12 plug gaskets, capwrench, ect from AofE on Ebay so I wont go back for basic oil change service there - but maybe from some of your experiences....I should check out Hubler when it comes to needing something significant done? Sure wish we could get a local Acura chapter started here in Indy too!
Old 11-15-2005, 11:05 AM
2006 TL ASPEC

POHANCKA ACURA (Chantilly, VA) ------- 1
RADLEY ACURA (Bailey's Crossroads, VA) -------- 9.5
Old 11-15-2005, 11:30 AM
Advanced

tischer acura-laurel maryland 1. they are full of bs!
Old 11-15-2005, 05:30 PM
Hollywood

Acura Of Portland 10/10!!
Old 11-15-2005, 06:57 PM
08' TL-S RuLeZ

Originally Posted by RAdams
Rick Case Acura, Ft. Lauderdale, FL - 10/10

This is the 2nd car I've purchased from them in less than 3 years and both sales experiences were as painless as you could ask for.

Service department has been equally impressive. Paul Santamaria takes GREAT care of me -- my car's always ready when he says it's going to be and when I make an appointment, he's more than willing to get me a loaner -- whether it be an Acura or a quick trip to Enterprise.

Parts department is also top notch. I've dealt with them quite extensively in the past couple of months buying parts for my other car and they've gone out of their way on more than one occasion to get me what I need. The last time I was there the guy behind the counter was unsure of the exact gasket material I needed se he gave me a tube of each -- for free. Small gestures like that go a long way.

Wow...RickCase is KNOWN for being such an asshole.

RickCase is the WORST car dealerships I have EVER went.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:15 PM
Intermediate

OPEN ROAD ACURA - EAST BRUNSWICK, NJ

Service:10/10
Sales:10/10
everything 10/10....
tranny had minor slipping...told them and they called up the next day that tranny will be replaced free of charge! They said it was under warranty.....and also gave a free oil change...first time visting ther. (also offered me a loaner)
i wud say they are really good.....give them a try!!
Old 04-27-2006, 10:24 AM
Honda+Blue=My garage

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts
Goodson Irving TX
Old 04-27-2006, 08:18 PM
Pro

OAKLAND ACURA 3/10 TERRIBLE SERVICE...tried to rip me off with 260$ in diagnostics. the only reason i gave it 3 is because there was an old women in there and they treated her nice. but fuck this place

SERRAMONTE ACURA 9/10 they were good but i got the feeling they were tyring to jip me on some service. charged me 60$ to change a brake light, but other than that good service
Old 04-28-2006, 10:33 AM
運転することを愛

LOL. Yes! 4 year old threads are my fav....

Acura of Brookfield, Brookfield, WI

2/10
Old 04-28-2006, 10:41 AM
SOX FAN

Sunnyside Acura of Nashua, NH

Sales 9.5 / Service Dept 8
Old 02-01-2007, 11:21 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 2002AcuraTL
Devan Acura. Norwalk CT. Rate it a 10. Joe Difrancesco is the service manager.

Devan Acura in Norwalk CT - Rate it 1 at best, Joe is no longer the service mang. Its now Jim and the SUCK!!! BAD SERVICE