runnin ghetto (for now)

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008 | 03:25 AM
Pro

runnin ghetto (for now)

Last week, on campus, I guess wasn't paying much attention to how far back I was reversing into a stall so the parking block took out my left muffler. After I heard that godawful scraping noise I moved the car forward. I'm guessing that the left muffler was completely on the other side of the parking block because the car wouldnt move in D. So not thinking that during this whole mess I give it some gas... Bad Idea.. when I moved forward I heard a louder, metal on plastic noise accompanied by more scraping. When I looked at the result I saw the muffler off the hangers chilling close to the ground. the top was also wedged in the back bottom part of the bumper... At this point Im pissed.. I tried to reposition the muffler by pushing, pulling, and kicking.
Later on that night I tried fixing the muffler at my work place but come to find out, a part of the y pipe is bent so the mufflers dont sit where they should..

the way the mufflers sat looked stupid so I took both of them off.
So now Im driving around with no mufflers possibly until I order a catback exhaust.

If anyone is wondering how its sounds. It's loud as shit and kind of embarrassing but sound kinda nice when vtec hits.

I might throw a video up tomorrow if I remember.

Just a reminder: Slammed TL + reversing into parking block =
Old 12-23-2008 | 08:25 AM
Porkchop Sandwiches!

Haha welcome to the club I broke both my mufflers some months ago and its so annoying to hear that drone all the time. But at least we have that mid muffler or else it would be unbearable.
Old 12-23-2008 | 02:27 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by thisisnotdave
Haha welcome to the club I broke both my mufflers some months ago and its so annoying to hear that drone all the time. But at least we have that mid muffler or else it would be unbearable.
lol. I actaully removed one of the mid mufflers a while back.
Old 12-23-2008 | 02:37 PM
Your Garage

sucks man, put up a vid lol
Old 12-23-2008 | 08:20 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

i used to scrape my mufflers on the curbs at school when i would back in, installed a camera in the back and the problem is fixed.
Old 12-23-2008 | 09:34 PM
Chillin' in my trailer

One of the CL members removed his mufflers and only has "dumps". It sounds like a V8.
Old 12-24-2008 | 03:16 PM
Instructor

I ran with an open flange just to see what it would sound like and its pretty annoyingly loud