Rim/Wheels Protection

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2001, 08:07 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Rim/Wheels Protection

I'm thinking of buying 5 different set of wheel locks , and put 5 unique locks in each wheels , do you guys think it's good enough ? Well , I might be being paranoid but guys , if you live only 1 mile away from a body shop that does professional wheels theft , you'll understand how i feel.

------------------
2000 Nighthawk Black Pearl TL
Mugen Front Grille
Mugen Front Half Spoiler
Factory Kit coming up sometime in the future..
Old 02-15-2001, 08:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Exclamation

So this body shop steals wheels as a profession?

Check out McGard Tuner locks, especially the Spline Drive model, that's what I have. I talked with McGard reps at SEMA, and they have hundreds of different combos for those tuner locks, so it's highly unlikely that someone could get them off.

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.acura-tl.com/_borders/TL_in_Pacific_Grove.jpg" TARGET=_blank>1999 ACURA 3.2TL
</A>

My Mods & stuff....

TL Daddy's pics
Old 02-15-2001, 08:15 PM

If your certain what they do is illegal have the cops set up a sting and bust them or take matters into your own hands. If you put 5 wheel locks on each wheel, besides it being silly they will just get frustrated and bust up your car.

Daddy, that Gold TL is a 1999? Was that the first production of 2nd generation because it looks nothing like 1st yet I thought 1999 was still first. I think i've said 1st too many times in 1 paragraph.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Avatar on February 15, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 02-15-2001, 08:40 PM
Pro

Originally posted by TL Daddy:
So this body shop steals wheels as a profession?

Check out McGard Tuner locks, especially the Spline Drive model, that's what I have. I talked with McGard reps at SEMA, and they have hundreds of different combos for those tuner locks, so it's highly unlikely that someone could get them off.

Dude, I'm not kidding , I know it sounds silly , but they did it. So I'm really asking for solution here

------------------
Mugen Front Grille
Mugen Front Half Spoiler
Old 02-15-2001, 08:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Lightbulb

So I'm assuming you are without a garage?

Dude, check out those Spline Drive locks & lugs, they're the best. Then maybe you should get a good alarm system with a tilt sensor so they can't jack up your TL and the car cover you can lock. It's too bad we have to worry about our rides so much.
Old 02-15-2001, 08:54 PM
Burning Brakes

i have 2 different sets of locks for my rims.. i'm thinking about getting 1 more set, but my size locks are really hard to find.. 17mm i think.. anyone know of a company that makes 17mm locks?..

i understand how you feel.. 5 is a little much.. then again i'm wanting 3 hehehe.. not to mention is a PAIN IN THE A$* if you have to rotate tires, etc..

Old 02-15-2001, 09:01 PM
Pro

Dude, check out those Spline Drive locks & lugs, they're the best. Then maybe you should get a good alarm system with a tilt sensor so they can't jack up your TL and the car cover you can lock. It's too bad we have to worry about our rides so much.
Thanks for the infos TLDaddy.

Well , the reason I want to put 5 locks is if you put only one kind of lock then those ppl might recognize it , and he'll come back another day and get something to jack it up. If I have 5 unique locks , even if they have the keys to jack them up , it'll take a long time , and they might not even think about stealing it. So , what do you think ?

The alarm system sounds to be a good idea , but doesn't our TL's alarm roar when the car is towed ? So I assume we already got a tilt sensor

------------------
Mugen Front Grille
Mugen Front Half Spoiler
Old 02-15-2001, 09:04 PM
Pro

My car is garage kept , but I don't know how these guys stole inside a garage as well , but it was with people who installed the wheels with them.

------------------
Mugen Front Grille
Mugen Front Half Spoiler
Old 02-15-2001, 09:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Arrow

If you have a garage then you should be OK. I got my wheel locks for my 18"s cuz I wanted my TL to be safe when it's not in the garage.
No our stock alarms will not go off if your TL is jacked up, no tilt sensor. You have to open a door, hood, or trunk for it to go off. Won't go off if a window gets busted either

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.acura-tl.com/_borders/TL_in_Pacific_Grove.jpg" TARGET=_blank>1999 ACURA 3.2TL
</A>

My Mods & stuff....

TL Daddy's pics
Old 02-16-2001, 02:29 AM
Pro

I think getting a good alarm is the best thing to do too!
Old 02-16-2001, 02:35 AM
Safety Car

I have an alarm but I'm getting the BS5 super crystal lugs... theives will like pretty shiny things. The regular lugs are already expensive... haven't got a price on the locking ones yet (doing that tomorrow) but I bet they're hella expensive. If I can afford it, I'll get 20 damn locking lugs. I can see some dipsh!t stealing just one lug to be an asshole. =/
Old 02-16-2001, 07:08 AM

Can we get a shock sensor installed that will work with stock alarms and not void warranty? How much?
Thanks
Old 02-16-2001, 09:53 AM
Burning Brakes

i don't think getting an aftermarket alarm will void or effect your warranty

price of alarms varies depending on what options you want your alarm to have

what's the best alarm out there? clifford?
Old 02-16-2001, 06:28 PM
AC
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BostonTL, you need to change your sig