replaceing stock entry system.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2002, 12:51 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
replaceing stock entry system.

I know many of u add shock sensor to the stock entry system. I want to replace the whole system with aftermarket alarm, anyone experience problem with their car after replacing stock with aftermarket?
Old 09-02-2002, 01:02 PM
Banned

I've installed the Compustar Spread Spectrum on my TL-S and have never had one issue arise. It stills allows the stock remotes to work (which is helpful when valet parking,etc.) when I don't want any pimple-faced valets screwing with the Compustar remote

visit them at www.compustar.org
Old 09-02-2002, 01:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had my Clifford IG8000 installed on my 2000TL the day after I got the car.This has been almost 3years ago & I have not had any problems with it. The factory alarm is also still functional but the only time I use it is when car is in shop or having other work like tint or audio done. I never have used the factory remote like Yaron2 does. If you Valet park you don't wan't to give them access by remote to the trunk if you have something in it. When I place Clifford alarm in valet mode you just turn key in door lock to arm/disarm factory alarm.
Old 09-02-2002, 01:57 PM
Bada Bing

I have a DEI alarm and have had no problems at all.
Old 09-03-2002, 03:57 PM
Pro

I'm little confused FTM-1, you said you had the Clifford and stock co-exist at the same time, do can you do that?
Old 09-03-2002, 05:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by KJ32
I'm little confused FTM-1, you said you had the Clifford and stock co-exist at the same time, do can you do that?
I don't use the factory alarm with the Clifford but the factory alarm is still functional. Since I always use the Clifford with all of its features like Blakjax anticarjacking self recovery system/ tilt sensor/prox sensor/self powered back-up siren & all the other stuff. I only use the factory alarm when I take it to the shop & need to leave it. When I put the Clifford in valet mode to turn off most of its features except RPM door locks & LED light. The factory alarm can be arm/disarm by turning the key in the drivers door lock. The factory alarm with its blinking LED on the door is then is active. But they are not used together at the same time.
Old 09-03-2002, 05:24 PM
Banned

My Clifford and my stock alarm work in tandem. When I arm the Clifford, the stock alarm also arms (door light flashes). When I disarm, they both disarm. Don't ask me how because I don't know jack about wiring up an alarm, but all I know is my installer said he'd make them both work together and they do.
Old 09-03-2002, 05:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by pianoman41

My Clifford and my stock alarm work in tandem. When I arm the Clifford, the stock alarm also arms (door light flashes). When I disarm, they both disarm. Don't ask me how because I don't know jack about wiring up an alarm, but all I know is my installer said he'd make them both work together and they do.
Matt your just like me I don't know jack about this.
I do remember one time they got crossed up & the horn was going off along with the siren. I did something to make them each arm together & had to call the installer & thats when he told me to turn the key in the lock. The guy that installed it did not go over everything at that time I got it with me. But I do want to get one of them VARAD LED SCANNER LIGHTS hooked up to the alarm.
Old 09-03-2002, 06:13 PM
Pro

So, for both of your cars, the aftermarket system did not hook into the stock wiring then. The reason I ask is, there are some electronic gizmo on the stock system like autoarm after 45sec if door is never opened after disarm. After switching, will it cause some sort of curcuit problem. Wish I were an electrician. I want to swtich to aftermarket alarm, but I don't know if I should ask the installer to yank the stock one out completely. For FTM's car, that sounds like 2 systems are isolated while piano's car system are connected together. HELP ME.
Old 09-03-2002, 06:43 PM
Bada Bing

So, for both of your cars, the aftermarket system did not hook into the stock wiring then. The reason I ask is, there are some electronic gizmo on the stock system like autoarm after 45sec if door is never opened after disarm. After switching, will it cause some sort of curcuit problem. Wish I were an electrician. I want to swtich to aftermarket alarm, but I don't know if I should ask the installer to yank the stock one out completely. For FTM's car, that sounds like 2 systems are isolated while piano's car system are connected together. HELP ME.
I don't think you can yank it out completely!!! If Acura wired these anything like they did the 98 CL then the stock alarm brain MUST be in the car. We removed my brother's once and the car wouldn't start at all. There is something in the brain that I guess reads the key chip or something but it must remain in the car wired up, even if not being used as a primary alarm.