Replace Leather Seat?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 01:52 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replace Leather Seat?

Hi:

New member here. I have a 2000 TL 3.2 with black leather seats and the front driver seat vinyl is cracking on the side of the seat as it attaches tot the leather portion on the bottom seat portion of the seat, ie the part you actually sit on.

The car has 55,000 miles and it was bought in 2000. I am not sure if this qualifies as normal wear and tear, but manybe you all might have some suggestions as to what i might do.

Are there after markets sources for this portion of the seat or can my dealership here in New Hampshire help with replacing it? Should I go with acura parts and have it replaced and if so does the whole seat cover have to be done or just the bottom portion of the seat, ie not the back support portion.

If there are sites that offer this bottom portion for sale, could you list them please.

Again, thanks for any info you might have on this. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Erich
Old 06-14-2004, 03:53 PM
Still sluggin' it out

Your best bet is to go to your local interior shop (one that works with seat upholstery) and let them have a look at it to find out your options...GOOD LUCK!!
Old 06-14-2004, 06:38 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
If you are still under the "wear and tear" warranty thing, you can goto the dealer and get it replaced for free. Just be presistent...i'm not sure how long the warranties are with 00 TLs though...5 years right?

Yeah, I just got my seat (seat cover) replaced because it too was cracking.

Good luck!
Old 06-14-2004, 07:53 PM
Banned

Can someone post a picture of their seat cracking, cuz I think my rear seats are cracking too and my front passenger too, just the side portions. They are xtremely wrinkled and I just dont know why, cuz I take good care of my seats, cleaning and conditioning, timely with Lexol. I noticed this very recently. The seating area seems to be fine, just the sides of the seats that are raised by the doors are wrinkled extremely.
Old 06-14-2004, 08:02 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Originally Posted by NYDesi80
Can someone post a picture of their seat cracking, cuz I think my rear seats are cracking too and my front passenger too, just the side portions. They are xtremely wrinkled and I just dont know why, cuz I take good care of my seats, cleaning and conditioning, timely with Lexol. I noticed this very recently. The seating area seems to be fine, just the sides of the seats that are raised by the doors are wrinkled extremely.

Sorry if its a low quality pic but this is a closeup of my door sills picture lol and I happened to catch my seat in it heh

I did want to take before and after pix though....

PS I think normal heat/cold weather will crack seats if not conditioned regularly

Pic here

damned IMG tags arent showing up....
Old 06-14-2004, 08:09 PM
Banned

Alright...let me go take a pic of my car... be back in 5 mts.
Old 06-14-2004, 08:33 PM
Banned

Ok here they are... not the greatest but you can make out the linkes and crinkles. I just dont know if that's what it is to be cracked or its in the process of cracking, whatever it is, its annoying the hell out of me. On some days, it looks even worse. I gotta try to take some better day time pics.

Rear Seat Behind Front Passenger:

Front Passenger Seat:

And while I was at it, I just took pics of the footwell lighting as well, these are the White CCD tubes. Many have the Blue Neons, but I like these better:

This one is looking in through the window from the outside:

Now I just gotta get the rears to be done so that it will be even all around.
Old 06-14-2004, 08:40 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Mine started out as heavy wrinkles and faded wrinkles then finally it cracked.

Maybe you could go get it detailed or do it yourself (if your on point like that).

Either way, I'm sure you're dealer will replace them once they go....a 2k3 rite?
Old 06-15-2004, 02:05 PM
Instructor

The leather seats are covered under the 5 year 50k warranty. You might be able to get it done underwarranty, since you are only a few thousand past the warranty, I got my driver seat done with 52k. They can do if they want to and if they are on good terms with Honda Of America. All warranty have to be within time/milage period or approved (if what you are asking is reasonable)