Registering car in Delaware-Please Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 01:23 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Registering car in Delaware-Please Help!!

Hey guys, I just recently moved from PA to DE and need to get my car registered. I went to the DE DMV today and got my new driver's license and also inquired about getting my car registered. I have to get the title from AHFC (my car is leased)...no problem there. But the lady told me to go through the "VIN inspection lane" which I did. That's where my troubles began...I have all my windows tinted at 21% and they told me I have to take the tint off of the front windows. Also, I have my headlights cleared and they failed me for that as well.

So what I would like to know from you Delaware owners is if there is anything that I can do to avoid having to strip my front windows and replace my headlights? Anybody know someone that could hook me up with the "Vehicle Inspection Report" and pass me with the tint and the cleared headlights? Please help guys, I really don't want to have to deal with that crap. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:20 PM
Ganji, Want some?

Woo........... SOrry guy cant help you out there, i know NO ONE at the DMV out here, but im pretty sure SOMEONE DOES mabey ill ask around and see but dont get your hopes up cause i dont think ill find too much.

looks like you'll have to get your tint stripped. as a matter of a fact right up the street from the DMV there is a place called "Ayers" they do tint, see if they will peel it off and put it back on it should only cost 50 bucks. maybe alot but you gotta do what you gotta do, and about your headlights.. you'll have to figure that one out for your self...

sorry i wasnt too much help
Old 07-07-2005, 10:39 AM
Racer

as a matter of a fact right up the street from the DMV there is a place called "Ayers" they do tint, see if they will peel it off and put it back on it should only cost 50 bucks.
Yeah, saw that place when I turned the wrong way! I don't know if they'd have the same tint that I have though. Let me know if you here anything from any of your friends, and thanks for taking the time to ask around.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
Belongs in off-topic > car talk.
Thread closed.