Rear Bumper Cover

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 02:21 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rear Bumper Cover

When washing the car today, I noticed that my rear bumper cover has some very small hairline stress cracks in 2 places. One is right on the driver side back corner, several right together, not noticeable unless you get down very close and look. There are more on the very bottom going from the left side to just under the license plate. It looks as if a cat with claws just scratched it down about a foot. The second marks are also barely noticeable until you get really close to it. I havent noticed them before. Just pisses me off. Maybe someone ever so slightly bumped me in a parking lot; but there are no scuffs at all, and those plastic covers are cheapy and scuff easily. Anyone else ever have this problem and if so, do they get worse and spread? They are so light, its not worth replacing the bumper cover just yet. We just got a new digital camera, so I may take some pics and post them. I've gotten to where I hate washing the car because I find more flaws everytime. My front bumper is getting rough too. They did a shitty job re-painting it and its pitted again from rocks and bugs. I guess my only solution to that is wait until it gets really bad, then have it re-painted professionally again. Any other ideas. Bug and tar only goes so far, and I don't want a bra on the front. Just need to keep it looking nice for another 3 years or so until I upgrade to an 03 Nighthawk TL-S or a used 05 RL if they're affordable by then. Thanks