Rear Brake Lines Too Low ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2001, 05:33 PM

Exclamation Rear Brake Lines Too Low ???

If this topic has been discussed before I couldn't find it on the search function of this site.

So I ask you all - Don't you think our brake lines are too low in the back? Why do they seem to be just hanging there away from the body of the car? Poor design? Yes.

Is this a design requirement?

Has anyone done anything to make them closer to the undercarriage like tie wraps, brackets, etc?

My service department refuses to touch them because of some bracket or some such that may get tweaked if they are altered.

They just seem to cry out to vandals, "Cut me, cut me..."

Forgive the repetition if this has been previously discussed. I just have to do something, I'm not comfortable with them.

------------------
2002 Acura TL-S
Navigation System
White Diamond Pearl
Factory Spoiler
Burlwood Shift Knob
Wheel Locks
Mud Flaps
Old 06-06-2001, 05:47 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Scotty,

I have often wondered the same thing many times. I posted something about it a while back.. glad to see there is another person who is as anal about this as I am.

But I agree with you, it looks like it is destined to get caught on something. Shoot, when I see them, I get the urge to freakin cut them myself!

I have no idea why they are designed that way.. I thought about trying to tie them up but it seemed as if they are pretty stiff and secure in place..

btw, I used to live in Diamond Bar. Chino Hills = Cow smell. Do you live anywhere close to Snoop? My friend was over his house once..

------------------
June 10, 11AM - N. Cali / Bay Area Meet - Click Here!
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/phanthavong/mytl.html" TARGET=_blank>

</A>2001 SSM. 02 tails, 02 vent trim, burlwood knob.

Mods? What mods? I can't afford mods, I'm getting married!!
Vin says 2001, but it's really a 2000 with an upgraded cupholder!!
Old 06-06-2001, 06:02 PM

Originally posted by Edub-TL:
Scotty,

I have often wondered the same thing many times. I posted something about it a while back.. glad to see there is another person who is as anal about this as I am.

But I agree with you, it looks like it is destined to get caught on something. Shoot, when I see them, I get the urge to freakin cut them myself!

I have no idea why they are designed that way.. I thought about trying to tie them up but it seemed as if they are pretty stiff and secure in place..

btw, I used to live in Diamond Bar. Chino Hills = Cow smell. Do you live anywhere close to Snoop? My friend was over his house once..

Hey Edub -

I live near the Los Serranos Country Club. Where does Snoop live? Chino Hills is a nice town, even if it is ocassionally odiferous. Hey the dairy farmers call that the smell of money! Its really gotten a lot better. There's only one dairy farm left in Chino Hills.

Mooooooooooooo......

The service person suggested I personally start a letter writing campaign to get the issue resolved. Recalls are prompted by consumers like you and me who ***** about these types of issues.

The pen is mightier than the sword I guess is what she was trying to say.

So folks, get writing!
Old 06-06-2001, 06:23 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have written Acura serveral letters complaining about a few things.. I've gotten a couple responses..

Basically, they reply with "Thank you for submitting your comments, we do value you as a customer, blah blah blah..."

But nothing about that they are going to do anything about it.. I wish Acura read this website, and payed attention to all the b!tching weare doing here..

Maybe there will be more ppl who feel this way and will join the campaign..

As for Snoop's house, I don't remember at all. I'll have to ask my friend, but it was a long time ago..

I love going to that English Springs park, my gf and I have a picnic there all the time when I visit her down there. We are taking some engagement pics there pretty soon..
Old 06-06-2001, 08:40 PM
Not a Blowhole

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts
What is the issue - they are designed as is for areason - I think it would be a grave error to mess with them. Has anyine heard of them getting damaged or caught on anything?

I think we all are getting a bit obsessive on this point, which pops up every few nmonths or so, and then goes away, because it really is not an issue IMHO.

Enjoy your car!