RE: Phillips Ulitinon 6000K HID Bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2002, 12:38 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RE: Phillips Ulitinon 6000K HID Bulbs

Hey guys,

Can anyone provide me with some insight in regards to the Phillips 6000K HID Bulbs? I was looking to buy them for my 1999 Acura TL 3.2, would these work perfectly in my car or would it hurt the car in the long run seeing that it isn't an ACURA HID BULB? Are these lights more bluish in color than the regular factory HID bulbs or is it the same? I seen in another thread that there is a decrease in the brightness of the bulb is that true? If so, does that mean it isn't as bright as the factory HID's? When on would there be a constant color BLUE or would it change color to a lighter blue? One last thing, would the bulb blowout the harness/wires seeing that it isn't a factory bulb?

The reason I am asking all these questions is because I had one of my headlights stolen and had ACURA replace them, but for some reason the color of the headlight is not HID blue. It looks like a halogen white color. There is no hint of blue in the lights at all. I seen them change everything in both of the lights from the Xexon lights to the invertors and nothing is working. So, my only hope is to get the PHILLIPS 6000k Bulbs and get that Blue color back to my car.
Old 03-08-2002, 12:53 AM
Three Wheelin'

Re: RE: Phillips Ulitinon 6000K HID Bulbs

Originally posted by Jiggaman
Hey guys,

Can anyone provide me with some insight in regards to the Phillips 6000K HID Bulbs? I was looking to buy them for my 1999 Acura TL 3.2, would these work perfectly in my car or would it hurt the car in the long run seeing that it isn't an ACURA HID BULB? Are these lights more bluish in color than the regular factory HID bulbs or is it the same? I seen in another thread that there is a decrease in the brightness of the bulb is that true? If so, does that mean it isn't as bright as the factory HID's? When on would there be a constant color BLUE or would it change color to a lighter blue? One last thing, would the bulb blowout the harness/wires seeing that it isn't a factory bulb?

The reason I am asking all these questions is because I had one of my headlights stolen and had ACURA replace them, but for some reason the color of the headlight is not HID blue. It looks like a halogen white color. There is no hint of blue in the lights at all. I seen them change everything in both of the lights from the Xexon lights to the invertors and nothing is working. So, my only hope is to get the PHILLIPS 6000k Bulbs and get that Blue color back to my car.
you obviosly are a newbie with this so let me help you out, the lights in your car right now are made by a company called osram aka sylvania the base is a d2r. the philiphs 6000k is the same base and well work just fine...the only difference is the chemical properties in the light bulb. the reason your light isnt as blue as the other is cus the bulbs havent had time to burn in yet, once they do they will become more blue, and yes the 6000k are whiter looking but in terms of brightness its not as bright as the factory, also this mod is a striaght plug in and you should have no problems

JON LERD
Old 03-08-2002, 12:58 AM
Three Wheelin'

here's proof, buy them...Shyne

:wow::wow:
Old 03-08-2002, 12:54 PM
Racer

Here's more proof...
if Shyne wasn't clear enough... I'll say it again: BUY THEM~!

Left side is stock and right side is the Philips 6000k (as if you couldn't already tell..)
Old 03-08-2002, 04:29 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Re: RE: Phillips Ulitinon 6000K HID Bulbs

Originally posted by asiankidd

and yes the 6000k are whiter looking but in terms of brightness its not as bright as the factory,
JON LERD
I thought the 6000k's were way brighter than factory. I heard 6000k's make factory hid's look like halogen's. Why is it not as bright?
Old 03-08-2002, 10:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

Re: Re: Re: RE: Phillips Ulitinon 6000K HID Bulbs

Originally posted by VR-TLS

I thought the 6000k's were way brighter than factory. I heard 6000k's make factory hid's look like halogen's. Why is it not as bright?
indeed they are whiter, but not brighter, the amount of usable light is actually lost when upgrading to 6000k, these bulbs are pretty much like regular halogen and those super white halogen, they look brighter but in terms of lumen and brighteness their not at all, check the source you will seee that 6000k are almost 25 percent dimmer than stock 4200k hids
Old 03-08-2002, 11:10 PM
Intermediate

RE: Phillips 6000K

Are the Phillips 6000k more bluish in color or whiter? I want the light to bluish and not halogen white.
Old 03-09-2002, 12:52 AM
Three Wheelin'

i say dont talk shiat until you have them...my light output is way phatter, way nicer, way brighter than any piece of shiat HID out there...thas how I feel, so respect my mind...you dont even have the $hit so all you can do is work off numbers...fock what they all say, these are bombay...Shyne
Old 03-09-2002, 01:05 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Shyne
i say dont talk shiat until you have them...my light output is way phatter, way nicer, way brighter than any piece of shiat HID out there...thas how I feel, so respect my mind...you dont even have the $hit so all you can do is work off numbers...fock what they all say, these are bombay...Shyne
first of all shyne, i do not talk shiat, i personally sell xenon HID products of all brand and specification, ask some of the people online about me, they know i dont bs, ask Victor, or everlock, or even do a search on asiankidd, you will see that many have come to me for help in their lights, i personally have 6000k in my mb right now, i never, NEVER once dogged on the 6000k bulbs, their great bulbs, and i LOVE the color, but this guys simply asked what are their true specifications, and if you look on PHILIPHS actual 6000k BOX they will show the light output and you will know that its less than the 4200k, i do respect you mind, but you should do the same and respect mine also, your opinion sounds biased and well isolated, so im not gonna bother after this post, but number do speak also and they dont lie, so RESPECT THAT!

JON LERD
Old 03-09-2002, 01:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

stuff like that just sounds bad, read your content in your previous post...im glad you sell HID products, but forreal who the hell is gonna notice numbers when the f-in lights are on...the fact is that they look better and are way easier to see than 42K HID...thats it...you made it an issue and I dont feel like they really are 25% percent dimmer...so that point I will argue my friend...Shyne
Old 03-09-2002, 01:34 AM
Three Wheelin'

and clk320 is for hoes, probably a good thing youre gettin a TLS...im sure mommy picked out the color too...Shyne
Old 03-09-2002, 01:43 AM
Three Wheelin'

stuff like that just sounds bad, read your content in your previous post...im glad you sell HID products, but forreal who the hell is gonna notice numbers when the f-in lights are on...the fact is that they look better and are way easier to see than 42K HID...thats it...you made it an issue and I dont feel like they really are 25% percent dimmer...so that point I will argue my friend...Shyne
well if you wanna argue about how the light LOOK from your perspective, then why bother thats not grounds for an actual arguement, i never claimed that their 25 percent dimmer i just claimed what philiphs stats claimed, your saying the fact is that they look brighter, well the fact is on your box as it is on my box LIGHT OUTPUT FROM A 6000k vs 4200K is NOT THE SAME 4200 k Puts out MORE useable LIGHT!! ALTHOUGHT it dont seem like it PHILIPHS AND MANY COMPANY WHO TEST IT WITH TOOLS SAY AND PROVE IT TO BE SO. If the person who posted the question wants to believe you cus you say their brighter over the own maker of the bulbs then by far go for it but how can you claim it brighter if the manifacture says its not? I AGREE THEY LOOK WHITER AND COOLER hence the reason i opted for the 6000k but with xenons i dont mind losing some of the lumens output, if you cant accept the numbers then fine, tell me you dont like the number, tell me you dont like me, tell me you dont like my F*cking sn, but dont tell my my car is for hoes.....thats just plain childish, my intention was never to diss anyone or anyones pics or idea, i provided hard claims and evidence, i even have the 6000k myself, i am not a person to talk down on the 6000k but why do you make me like that type of person?

JON LERD
Old 03-09-2002, 01:45 AM
Three Wheelin'

and clk320 is for hoes, probably a good thing youre gettin a TLS...im sure mommy picked out the color too...Shyne
and yes my mom did help to pick out the color, but whats wrong with white i so happen to like it too? whats your point? if you want to diss me then just say so,
Old 03-09-2002, 01:50 AM
Three Wheelin'

calm down Jon Nerd, its a personal problem i have...i tend to type first whats on my mind...im sorry, and its nothing against you man...the benz is a nice car, but the 430 and 5.5 is out of your league so im not surprised your parents opted for the 320...the same one my girl drives...just chill and dont think I hate you dogg, im a focking cocky a hole sometimes...but forreal about the lights man, i was wrong and you were answering the guys post...i guess im the dumbass in tha end ha...Shyne
Old 03-09-2002, 01:55 AM
Three Wheelin'

calm down Jon Nerd, its a personal problem i have...i tend to type first whats on my mind...im sorry, and its nothing against you man...the benz is a nice car, but the 430 and 5.5 is out of your league so im not surprised your parents opted for the 320...the same one my girl drives...just chill and dont think I hate you dogg, im a focking cocky a hole sometimes...but forreal about the lights man, i was wrong and you were answering the guys post...i guess im the dumbass in tha end ha...Shyne
no problem i understand, and yeah i would have loved the 430 or the 55 but the time i got it the 55 wasnt out yet and the 430 was indeed out of my league....for 1 it was a High school grad present, a clk was more than i can ask for im not a snobby one to ask for a 430, althogh it would have been nice, but the point it its a 320 and its does me just fine, i like the color white, it works for me and im passing it down to my sister now, parents got me a MB cus it was safe they didnt want to give me the idea that a superfast 430 was ok for me to go around speeding, their mentality was 320 = nice grad present and they were right, thanks for understanding, im hoping the move to the tl will be a plesent one, thanks and lates
Old 03-09-2002, 01:56 AM
Three Wheelin'

and the only reason I typed the clk is for hoes is to see if you would type something back...you said you would not reply...Shyne
Old 03-09-2002, 01:56 AM
Three Wheelin'

calm down Jon Nerd,
thats a new one.....WHOOOPIE!!! :yack:
Old 03-09-2002, 02:09 AM
Three Wheelin'

How bout Jon Terd...Shyne
Old 03-09-2002, 02:11 AM
Three Wheelin'

man your just on a roll here arent you.....

"i guess im the dumbass in tha end ha...Shyne "

you said it not me.....:thefinger :thefinger
Old 03-09-2002, 05:40 AM
Intermediate

RE: Phillips 6000K

Okay guys,

This is my final question, I see you guys know what you are talking about seeing that you have them. What will the actual color of the lights be, blue or white? Just a basic question. I see that everyone is saying that it is whiter and seems much brighter than the regular HID's but what I am asking is will the light be BLUE!!!? I am looking for that BLUE color appearance if it is just bright white then obviously this isn't the light for me. I understand that the 6000k stands out more than the regular HID's, but at the current moment I am looking for a more bluish look to my lights like it was before with the regular HID's. So, if anyone of you guys could just answer this basic question I would be very thankful. Is it BLUE or more of a bright halogen white? Once again I am looking for that BLUE look.

Thanks alot guys!!
Old 03-09-2002, 02:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

their not really bluer, but more of a purplish color, at starrt their blue , and then turn intense white/purple....most people will consider their color to be a heavy tint of purple hope that helps
Old 03-10-2002, 09:42 AM
Safety Car

How bout Jon Terd...Shyne

Dood, stop being a D!ck
Old 03-10-2002, 10:17 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Looking at the car they appear bluer, but the light output on the road is a pure white, not blue.
The lumen output for the 6000k's is a little less than the 4200k, the intensity is not the same, but the light is so white and bright your eyes actually think the road is lit up better. I've has mine in for months now, and I love them.
Old 03-10-2002, 05:00 PM
Burning Brakes

They are definitely more PURPLE than blue, but they are freakin' awesome!!! I love them!!
Old 03-10-2002, 05:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Forgot to insert the pics!!! Here's a comparison for you....my Teg w/6000K next to a TL with factory HID, hope this helps....
Old 03-11-2002, 02:08 AM
Instructor

Shyne--

Where did you learn to write? In all the posts that you have written, I have never seen a complete English sentence. Maybe you should learn to write and expand your vocabulary before your start putting down others.
Old 03-11-2002, 04:43 AM
Intermediate

Help a new guy out

I am new to this board. My wife and I just bought a TL Type S with Nav (Black with Parchement).
Anyway, I would like to know where you guys are buying the Phillips lights from?
How much do they cost?
And the manual says you should have the dealer change the bulbs because the lighting system can store energy and possibly shock you. Is this true, or does it only apply to morons?
Thanks in advance,
Old 03-11-2002, 04:47 AM
Three Wheelin'

i sell the 6000k hid kits if your interested pm me or talk to me online aim, asiankidd2 i have sold before to some members and they have pics and stuff, do a search on my name you will see some people experience i havent been able to get a hold of the 6000k low beams yet tho.....my prices are much better than where most people been getting it from autolamps-online.com

JON LERD
Old 03-11-2002, 06:57 AM
Safety Car

Originally posted by aepiua
Shyne--

Where did you learn to write? In all the posts that you have written, I have never seen a complete English sentence. Maybe you should learn to write and expand your vocabulary before your start putting down others.
Old 03-11-2002, 09:06 AM
Racer

Originally posted by Mr Hyde
Looking at the car they appear bluer, but the light output on the road is a pure white, not blue.
The lumen output for the 6000k's is a little less than the 4200k, the intensity is not the same, but the light is so white and bright your eyes actually think the road is lit up better. I've has mine in for months now, and I love them.
Hey Mr Hyde...
You say that 6000k bulbs have less lumen output comparing to our stock bulbs, but they illuminate road more then our stock ones? What I'm realy interested is to know if the 6000k bulbs lit up the roadway further comparing to stock ones?
Old 05-29-2002, 02:26 PM
Suzuka Master

It seems the actual light output is less, but the human brain (for those owning one) thinks it is more bright.
Old 05-29-2002, 10:54 PM
Burning Brakes

I recently upgraded to 6000K capsules myself. Just as a note, you might find it interesting that even though the '99-'01 TLs and the '02-'03 TLs use the same model number HID capsule, the '99-'01 TL HID capsule runs at a higher color temp than the '02-'03.

If you have a '99-'01 TL, you will see a nice increase in white light by upgrading to 6000K capsules. If you have a '02-'03 TL, you will see an enormous increase in white light by upgrading to 6000K.
Old 05-30-2002, 10:23 AM
Advanced

asiankidd, can't PM ya for some reason..... email me joneschop@yahoo.com
I need some 6000K bulbs. Thanks. jason
Old 05-30-2002, 11:50 AM
Safety Car

Originally posted by joneschop
asiankidd, can't PM ya for some reason..... email me joneschop@yahoo.com
I need some 6000K bulbs. Thanks. jason
Newbie here, just curious, how much are these 6000k capsules?
Old 05-30-2002, 11:53 AM
Super Troll

6000ks are nice...

i just got mine put in this weekend and compared to the other HIDs the all look yellow...
Old 05-30-2002, 12:05 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

6000K bulbs are MUST!!!! You'll love to drive at night time!!!
Old 05-30-2002, 07:37 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by ALFAV6
6000ks are nice...

i just got mine put in this weekend and compared to the other HIDs the all look yellow...
Where did you get them and how much? Thanks.
Old 05-30-2002, 08:10 PM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn b*tch! He compared his 6000k to mine stock HIDs and indeed mine look yellow. I will be getting mine soon enough.

Originally posted by ALFAV6
6000ks are nice...

Old 05-30-2002, 08:30 PM
Burning Brakes

haha yes u definitely need to get them!
Old 05-31-2002, 09:42 AM
Super Troll

Originally posted by silver03TL

Where did you get them and how much? Thanks.
i got them as a b-day prez from my friends...

but from what i know it should cost about 290...

Quick Reply: RE: Phillips Ulitinon 6000K HID Bulbs