Re: Center console

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2001, 01:45 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Re: Center console

Hey guys,

On my TL-S my center console keeps on poppin up when i drive over speed bumps. Do any of you guys have the same problem??

I talk to the dealer and they said it was a common problem.
Old 05-18-2001, 05:21 AM
Cruisin'

I'd keep taking it back to the dealer until it's fixed or try the service department of another dealer. My console doesn't pop open on its own, and I've had several vehicles built by Honda that have had center consoles. Sometimes I've had so much stuff in the console that I had to jam the top down to close, and that's the way it stayed.

I definitely think there's something that can be done to fix the problem.
Old 05-18-2001, 07:21 AM
Just agree and go away...

Exclamation

I have that same problem, its an easy fix for you to do yourself. The clip that locks the armrest pad down is plastic, just push it (bend it gently) towards the back seat a little and it will catch better. Thats what I did and it seems to be fine, if it happens again, I am bringing it back to the dealer...

------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LargeOne
2002 TL-S Nighthawk Black/Ebony Non-Navi
Old 05-18-2001, 07:37 AM

I've had the same problem since day one! I took it in to get it fixed and a couple of days later it did the same thing. I'm taking it in on Thursday to get the window recall taken care of and they will fix it then. The problem is that the latch is cheap plastic that is supposed to hold by connecting to a hole cutout in the plastic. With the top part being so heavy, it just will not hold. I looked at my brother-in-laws 2001 Honda Accord EX and the quality of the center console is sooooooo much better. Acura could have done a much better job with the latch and by the looks of it, it's not just one or two people having the problem. I have mine taped down with mailing tape, it's that bad. At first it seemed to pop up more easily when it was sitting outside in the sun for a few hours but now, like I said, it's taped down. I'll keep you posted on what the dealership does for me.
Old 05-18-2001, 10:58 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Originally posted by paultl:
Hey guys,

On my TL-S my center console keeps on poppin up when i drive over speed bumps. Do any of you guys have the same problem??

I talk to the dealer and they said it was a common problem.
Mine does it all the time and does not need bumps either. Took it in to the dealer and they ordered a new latch for it. Should be in, and done, next week.

------------------
'02 Acura TL-S
Satin Silver/Ebony, w/out NAV