Rate the Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 02:45 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Live in northern Mass, but bought my car at "Sunnyside Acura" Nashua, NH. Happened to be a very good choice... Buying process was straightforward and quick. Have had one bad experience (didn't bleed brakes properly), but after that they bent over making sure that I am happy with them. Always had a decent loaner.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:49 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Northeast Acura

Northeast Acura
942 New Loudon Road
Latham, NY 12110
northeastacura.com

Stay away from this dealership! I brought in my car earlier this week to have new tires mounted. They did the mount job and balancing alright but when I picked up my car I found a huge scratch on one of the rims. The scratch is very deep and went across 4 of the 5 spokes. I was very pissed and talked to the service manager, but he denied to take responsibility and insisted that he trust his technicians. He then gave me the contact of a rim repairer and walked away.

I am 100% sure there wasn't a scratch on any of the rims when I dropped off my baby because I checked when they were preparing the paperwork.
Besides when they find something wrong with the car before servicing, they always call the customer about the problem, and report it in the invoice (to protect their a$$). Nothing was mentioned on my invoice.

If you live in upstate New York and would like to purchase an Acura, so somewhere else. I've heard the Acura dealership at NJ is very good.

Old 12-16-2004, 06:02 PM
My M45 loves to eat rice

Originally Posted by bkzjimmy
is there any good acura dealers in the nyc area??....cause acura of brooklyn sucks.....everytime i call they trasnfer me to someone else that just doesnt answer, call goes to voicemail...then i never get a call back (those pricks!)when i accually do get my car in there for repairs, they just leave the car parked in a lot all day and then tell me they didnt have time to get to it or they dont have a part they need and they are ordering it ...........these guys dont give a shit!
Jimmy, just take the extra 25 minutes to drive out to Valley Stream, those guys are great out there. The whole dealership is pretty good to deal with; I wouldn't go to Plaza Automall unless I had a really small problem with my car like the CD changer breaking (which did happen to me, damn CD-R's). I had a serious job done to my computer and one of their mechanics is FANTASTIC with electrical so if you ever have a problem with your electrical they should be able to fix it. Plus, all their mechanics have been there at least 10 years so they have done a lot of work with different types of Acuras. Mark and Norman are good guys especially.
Old 12-17-2004, 08:22 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MattT516
Jimmy, just take the extra 25 minutes to drive out to Valley Stream, those guys are great out there. The whole dealership is pretty good to deal with; I wouldn't go to Plaza Automall unless I had a really small problem with my car like the CD changer breaking (which did happen to me, damn CD-R's). I had a serious job done to my computer and one of their mechanics is FANTASTIC with electrical so if you ever have a problem with your electrical they should be able to fix it. Plus, all their mechanics have been there at least 10 years so they have done a lot of work with different types of Acuras. Mark and Norman are good guys especially.
....Posts like this make me want to go back to them to do the oil jet. I bought from them and had a great experience. Partially because a friend of a friend type thing, yada yada yada.
Still debating to go to VS or Rallye. Rallye is closer.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:31 AM
NiGhT rIdEr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MattT516
thanx for the info
Old 12-17-2004, 12:03 PM
lover and fighter

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
Older thread, but...

Orange Park Acura, Jacksonville Florida...

Purchase: I have purchased two vehicles from them at different times. Offered $550 over invoice on both cars and walked out in 45 minutes for each.

Service: Some service advisors are simply sorry in that they don't care. Others are quite good. Mark, the service manager, is totally +i++s! Any problem-ever, and it was immediately and professionally handled. They installed my headers and springs. They replaced my brakes under warranty at 20k miles. They change my oil for $8 when I bring in my own filter and oil and still give me a car wash. I had the tranny swapped at about 35k miles and the throttle body at around 65k miles and mods and all, no hassles ever.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:53 PM
Drifting

Duval Acura-Jacksonville, Florida

Car buying experience was the easiest and quickest so far.

Proctor Acura-Tallahassee, Florida

No budging on price so I went to Jax. But I have to give two thumbs up to Proctors service department. They are awesome!
Old 12-17-2004, 02:34 PM
Banned

Stay away from Delray Acura in Delray Beach, Florida... A bunch of snobby bastards who will give you the HARDEST time warranting your car if you've got aftermarket shit.
Old 12-17-2004, 04:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Virginia:

Radley Acura:

Good sales, got my '97 TL there. Got RL's and CL's for loaners. Excellent service.

Oregon:

Acura of Salem, is combined with a M-B and Lincoln dealership, excellent service department, good pastries and decent waiting area.

Butler Acura (Ashland)

Awful, shares its building with Kia... KIA!!! Boneheaded service department.

But I did buy the '03 TL there at $2500 below MSRP. Cant complain on that.
Old 12-19-2004, 09:01 PM
Intermediate

Acura of Milford, CT ( AcuraofMilford.com ) - Certified 2002 Acura TL-S w/ 28900 miles

Very nice place and a great job.

matt
Old 12-19-2004, 09:49 PM
My "P" SpAnKs YouR "S"

I had the same thing happen to me as "Edroe". I took my TL in for an oil change at Keyes Acura in Van Nuys C.A. My wife picked the car up and didnt notice the 12" scratch on the drivers side door. 2 weeks later I had my car back with a newly painted door and an apology. I will never go back. I'll try Valencia Acura next.
By the way the oil change took 3 hrs.
Old 12-19-2004, 10:25 PM
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
acura of ramsey. undergoing constructions, but they treated me well. loaner cars on the spot, great service, whenever servicing a car, they return it at the exact time they promised. huge selection of both new and used cars.

park avenue acura. not as big as ramsey, but they know how to deal well. not bad service. they get the job done for service and parts.

open road acura (wayne). GREAT dealer service. very friendly guys there and they give great deals. their service/parts department isnt as great though, unfortunately.
Old 12-19-2004, 11:46 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by WHITE3.2TL-S
Park Ave Acura = good prices ans service...knock on wood..they did my tranny over to..o problems yet but ive only been there twice

Acura of Bridgewater: where I bought my car..( yea almost 2 hrs away)...goos salesmen and large selection of new and used..bigger then Open Road Acura in Wayne..
Old 12-20-2004, 09:59 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tom Blasing
Columbia Acura in Cincinnati- Nice sales people that are willing to go a little further, the body shop is a bunch of morons, service dept. is questionable at best. The only loaner car they had to give out was a 5 year old Integra four door with 130k miles, if that's gone they'll get you a Buick Regal from Enterprise or something similar, but you have to be firm to get it.

I've got an appointment with Superior Acura in nearby Fairfield, Ohio for next week for the oil jet kit, noisy moon roof and paint the door frames. We'll see how that goes.
Agreed, Columbia's service dept. is a bit spotty. I thought that they were excellent until they recently did a major remodel to the dealer building. Suddenly, everything went way, way, way up. But the guys over in the parts department are great.

Superior turned me off in '96 when I was looking for a 'Teggie. Refused to give me a test drive, glossy propaganda, and I had to practically tackle a sales guy on a very slow day to even talk to them. 1996, and I am still waiting on that call about a black LS base coupe. :-) A friend has dealt with them twice on two different tl-s's and agrees that they are a bit on the snobby side. Can't speak for the service dept., though.
Old 12-20-2004, 10:03 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jdone
Acura at Oxmoor gave me four years of decent service.I wouldn't hesitate to buy another car there.
Agreed. I have liked them ever since I took my mom there in '87 and she bought herself a demo Legend on the spot. The same day, Courtesy Cadillac wouldn't even give her the time of day, despite the fact that she was trading in a Caddy that she had bought from them to start with!

A@O always treated her right, and they were extremely nice and helpful when I bought my '99 there six years ago this past week, trading in my '96 Teggie (sniff).
Old 12-21-2004, 03:42 AM
Intermediate

I live in Fresno, CA. and the old dealer (University Acura) sucked. The service staff and one or two other employees were DICKS! You did not feel welcomed at all, almost discriminated. A lot of the homies thought the same too. Now we have a new dealership, called Fresno Acura, and this one shoud not be any better........know why? because the same staff moved overthere! just my 2 cents.
Old 12-22-2004, 01:33 PM
My baby's daddy

Originally Posted by Logic717
Ed Voyles Acura in Atlanta GA has been great to me, offer web discounts on brakes and oil changes and are efficient and offer starbucks coffee and dunkin doughnuts if you get there early! Replaced my tranny and mounted and balanced all 4 tires same day and for only $40 ($10 per tire)
Same here. Ed Voyles is first class! They matched a tire-store tire price last christmas when I had two surprise flats (don't drive behind home depot) and they stuck with me through a challenging exploding mirror disaster (leather stained, interior damaged - eventually, all covered under warranty). For regular maintenance, they are fair, fast and friendly.

All my service there and definitely will buy from them next time!
Old 12-27-2004, 09:08 PM
Cruisin'

Park Acura, Akron Oh

I bought my 2001 from Park Acura in Akron and have had it serviced there. I have nothing but great things to say about them. With a little notice they always have a loaner for me and they are helpful and prompt. Of late they have been trying to do a little sales job on things but are never pushy and take a "No Thanks" with a smile. I am 99% sure I will be getting a 2005 Tl from them in June.