Rate the Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 12:12 AM
Now watch this drive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rate the Dealership

Since joining the board, I've noticed that everyone has some type of input on the local, Acura dealerships. Some install aftermarket parts, have good prices on accessories, good customer service, nice loaner cars, sales and service people, etc. etc.

I thought I would start this thread to get people's input on the dealerships they go to. It might be helpful to have all the reviews in one place, and perhaps help people when they move, travel, or just want to find a new place to get some work done. It might also be a way for some dealers to get recognized for good service, while others for the exact opposite...
Old 09-28-2004, 09:43 AM
Racer

Park Ave Acura = good prices ans service...knock on wood..they did my tranny over to..o problems yet but ive only been there twice
Old 09-28-2004, 09:56 AM
R.I.P Red-CL

Turnersville Auto Complex has good prices and service. If you go there ask for the service mgr John D. and he'll work w/ you. He has even taken me back to meet the tech that will work on my car. They're great.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:06 AM
is the Mighty Favog

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Columbia Acura in Cincinnati- Nice sales people that are willing to go a little further, the body shop is a bunch of morons, service dept. is questionable at best. The only loaner car they had to give out was a 5 year old Integra four door with 130k miles, if that's gone they'll get you a Buick Regal from Enterprise or something similar, but you have to be firm to get it.

I've got an appointment with Superior Acura in nearby Fairfield, Ohio for next week for the oil jet kit, noisy moon roof and paint the door frames. We'll see how that goes.

OT- If someone has a noisy center armrest I have a fix I can tell you about to quiet it down.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:07 AM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Heart Acura, Wappingers Falls, NY. excellent service, they have always been prompt with calls and to help. they took my car in at 8am yesterday for a tranny replacement, and i had it back by 6pm. only thing is though they will not install or honor warrantee's with aftermarket parts. from the service manager himself, all i could get away with was a CAI. a little disappointing, but the service is top notch.

Acura of Ramsey, Ramsey, NJ. i bought the car here, and i will say they were nice as hell to make a sale but did not seem to want to help me once the car was off the lot. i dunno, maybe i'm jumping the gun a little on these guys, but they wouldn't even look up my stereo code less than a week after i bought the car. they wanted $50 to pull the head unit and get it off the back. i honestly don't know their stance on warrantees and aftermarket parts.

SSTS
Old 09-28-2004, 11:08 AM
SCMPredator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i went to park ave ACura in NJ. They were pretty nice especially the guy in the parts dept.

They installed the oil jet kit yesterday. Crosses my fingers. hopefully it will run for a while without any problems...up to 99K hehe
Old 09-28-2004, 11:21 AM
Banned

PAA in NJ
Old 09-28-2004, 01:50 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Tischer Acura in Laurel, Maryland > *
Old 09-28-2004, 02:23 PM
Retired playa

Ed Voyles Acura in Atlanta GA has been great to me, offer web discounts on brakes and oil changes and are efficient and offer starbucks coffee and dunkin doughnuts if you get there early! Replaced my tranny and mounted and balanced all 4 tires same day and for only $40 ($10 per tire)
Old 09-28-2004, 02:28 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Acura of Troy --

Messed up on the brake booster job, car nearly drove off the road. I guess a test drive after a booster and rotors/pads job is too much to ask for these days.

No Acura loaner cars, because I'm not 25 yet. I can't wait to become 25 and magically become responsible enough to handle loaner cars overnight. I've had to drive an Intrepid and a Lancer.

Car wash sucks -- next door VW dealership has a fully automatic touch-free car wash. Acura of Troy basically dumps a bucket of water and drives it into the bay dripping with dirty water.

Paint defect on the rear bumper -- they won't warranty it, although the paint is definitely a shade or two off from the rest of the car, and it started developing some rust spots on the rear bumper only. They said I don't take care of my car enough. Puh-leaze. Ask Darrin on CL-S. I zaino my car and definitely not a novice when it comes to taking care of the paint. Doesn't matter. I'm gonna get the rear kit molded into the bumper soon. Front's already done.

Condensation in the headlights -- replaced (supposedly, but when I took 'em off two weeks ago to clear them out, they definitely did not look new), but condensed again. Warranty is void now anyway because I cleared 'em out, but still.

Advisors -- one of them is a real son of a bitch and I hate dealing with him. He told me the leak in the brake booster was just the sound of the brake fluid retracting through the line. Don't bullshit. When the booster and headlights were originally ordered at my first visit regarding the problems, he never called back like he promised. Then he had the audacity to tell me that I never came in, implying that it was my fault.

I called Ann Arbor Acura and talked to Joe when my primary oxygen sensor died. He's the Service Director there. Although I had to explain to him what headers were and he told me he couldn't warranty the sensor due to their presence, he was really cool; not condescending and deceitful like Acura of Troy. I'm gonna take my car there next time and see how they perform. And I'll go from there. If not, I'll have to go to Suburban Acura.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:03 PM
Racer

Rallye Roslyn Acura...Great Service
Old 09-28-2004, 03:06 PM

Keyes Van Nuys Acura - They tried to take advantage of my poor non english speaking mother. Long story short i let my mother take my car in for a major inspection....

I find out later that they told her my comptech springs were aftermarket and not designed for the car. therefore void my warranty and making it unsafe to drive lol. They tell her my shocks are almost worn out, my tires have uneven treadwear ( ok i admit i forgot to get a camber kit, had the springs on for less than 3k and i wanted them to settle in), and that the structural integrity of the car was diminishing because of the springs. Wow.

She gets home and shows me the inspection sheet... THEY WANT ME TO BUY A NEW SET OF SPRINGS, SHOCKS, ETC... WELL OVER A GRAND !!! They didnt even care to ask her if I had the stock springs at home. I called them immediately and told them to stop the order. Shocks were fine, got new tires, sold my comptech springs and put on the stock ones. My car got keyed on the roof while @ keyes acura - may have been the magnets..Gave up modding the TL.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

2nd complaint :

@ 50,601 miles my check engine light comes on, the transmission gets real jerky, and I cant go over 3,000 rpms in any gear.

I take her in to Keyes Acura... Low and behold "you need a new transmission" I get a rental for a week, I get a phone call a week later that they are waiting for tranny mounts and those arent covered in the warranty. So they charge me 280 or something for tranmission mounts ( and thats a discounted rate, i had to bug them for it )??? DID ANYONE PAY FOR TRANNY MOUNTS??????????

2 weeks go by I get my car back late. Im driving home from the dealership when all of a sudden the check engine light comes on, the transmission gets real jerky, and I cant go over 3k rpms in any gear again. This time they tell me my throttle body is broken and the sensor is what causes the safety mode to kick in hence i cant rev over 3k? Ok WTF? Did they just replace my transmission for no reason? They take my car for 4 more days and I pay 350ish for a new throttlebody??? Wow. They make u feel lucky on the extended warranty, and throw in whatever they can... becareful guys, its good to have some general knowledge about cars when walking into those service depts.

I take my car to Santa Monica Acura now.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

Acura at Oxmoor gave me four years of decent service.I wouldn't hesitate to buy another car there.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:31 PM
Advanced

Montgomeryville Acura (Montgomeryville, PA) - Good service, I trust their mechanics to identify the problem and fix it. Only complaint is the time it takes to get it done. Going back after 1 year of trying LV Acura.

Lehigh Valley Acura (Allentown, PA) - Go at your own risk.
1.Could not identify brake noise and cleaned the rotors to fix it (Montgomeryville Acura identified the source and replaced the part for free).
2. Got some dings taken out of the bumper. Got it back with scuff marks on it after getting it brushed over with new paint (my fault for not complaining about it).
3. Brought it in to check on pauses while cruising (feels like downshifting then coming back up though the rpm does not flux), replaced the transmission. Its occuring more frequent now and they can't identify the problem.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by WiLLs TypE S
Did you buy your car from them ? Thinking of taking my car to them for the oil jet install, but I bought my car from Valley Stream.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:51 PM
Head Wanker

Originally Posted by Edr0e
Keyes Van Nuys Acura - They tried to take advantage of my poor non english speaking mother. Long story short i let my mother take my car in for a major inspection....

I find out later that they told her my comptech springs were aftermarket and not designed for the car. therefore void my warranty and making it unsafe to drive lol. They tell her my shocks are almost worn out, my tires have uneven treadwear ( ok i admit i forgot to get a camber kit, had the springs on for less than 3k and i wanted them to settle in), and that the structural integrity of the car was diminishing because of the springs. Wow.

She gets home and shows me the inspection sheet... THEY WANT ME TO BUY A NEW SET OF SPRINGS, SHOCKS, ETC... WELL OVER A GRAND !!! They didnt even care to ask her if I had the stock springs at home. I called them immediately and told them to stop the order. Shocks were fine, got new tires, sold my comptech springs and put on the stock ones. My car got keyed on the roof while @ keyes acura - may have been the magnets..Gave up modding the TL.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

2nd complaint :

@ 50,601 miles my check engine light comes on, the transmission gets real jerky, and I cant go over 3,000 rpms in any gear.

I take her in to Keyes Acura... Low and behold "you need a new transmission" I get a rental for a week, I get a phone call a week later that they are waiting for tranny mounts and those arent covered in the warranty. So they charge me 280 or something for tranmission mounts ( and thats a discounted rate, i had to bug them for it )??? DID ANYONE PAY FOR TRANNY MOUNTS??????????

2 weeks go by I get my car back late. Im driving home from the dealership when all of a sudden the check engine light comes on, the transmission gets real jerky, and I cant go over 3k rpms in any gear again. This time they tell me my throttle body is broken and the sensor is what causes the safety mode to kick in hence i cant rev over 3k? Ok WTF? Did they just replace my transmission for no reason? They take my car for 4 more days and I pay 350ish for a new throttlebody??? Wow. They make u feel lucky on the extended warranty, and throw in whatever they can... becareful guys, its good to have some general knowledge about cars when walking into those service depts.

I take my car to Santa Monica Acura now.
I hate Keyes Acura. I bought my car from them but their sales manager left such a bad taste in my mouth that I can't even trust their service guys. I take my car to Sierra Acura for service and they have always treated me really decently.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:13 PM
Now watch this drive

thought i'd toss mine up there as well...

McGrath Acura - Westmont, IL
I bought the car there back in February. They were great with the sales process, even letting me take the car off the lot on my driver's license to give it a test drive without worrying about some dealer looking over my shoulder. Great price on trade-ins too. After the sales though, I wish they did more. I had to ask for the second key, and about some of the car's subtlties. Like how the SS works, etc. I actually just found the other valet key deep inside the glove compartment last week.

While this place is about 45 mins from my parent's house and another Acura dealership is only 5, I keep going out of my way to them for service. While I haven't been to others, they have 4 or 5 flat-screen computers with internet access available for free, a big HDTV with a bunch of leather chairs, and free starbucks coffee all day. They even have a pretty big putting green available indoors too - although my shots always end up skipping and rolling under the TL or MDX. It makes waiting for service pretty damn nice. If you leave, they said they have over 60 Acura loaners, I had the 04 TSX last time I was in, and they only ask that you are older than 21 and have insurance. Service people call you up everyday to let you know how your car is doing, and prices are reasonable. (Most of my work has been done under warranty, and I am unsure if they do aftermarket part installs).

Car wash is a machine wash, which I'm not overly thrilled about, but it does a nice job - it will be especially valuable in winter since they let you stop by to have your car washed whenever you are in the area (except Sunday). They also spend some time vacuuming the interior and cleaning the vinyl.

While they were a little rough on the immediate post-sales help, they seem to work really hard on customer retention and satisfaction after the purchase. Everytime my car goes in for work, I end up getting a phone call or a few letters from the customer satisfaction department wanting to know that everything is ok.

Last week, they even had a customer appreciation event that they sent invitations out for...

Free food - ok
Contests - sounds almost obligatory, flat screen tv but still
Free digital camera....

Obviously the last one made me stop by, all they wanted was to say hello (surprised the dealers remembered me by name and where I went to school too), filled out a brief survey, and talked about the new RL, and I had my camera and was on my way.

Overall a great bunch of guys over there. Will / Jerry are the two sales guys I dealt with, and Keith is a great guy to deal with for service.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:39 PM
Skills: nunchuku skills

Originally Posted by Logic717
Ed Voyles Acura in Atlanta GA has been great to me, offer web discounts on brakes and oil changes and are efficient and offer starbucks coffee and dunkin doughnuts if you get there early! Replaced my tranny and mounted and balanced all 4 tires same day and for only $40 ($10 per tire)
do they give you a loaner car? i'm about to take my car there for service...
Old 09-29-2004, 12:11 AM
Intermediate

Paragon Acura in Long island city, NY is horrible. The service managers are rude and the mechanics look like bums. They would not replace my warped rotors at 19k miles and I had to argue with the entire department just to get a loaner the first time my tranny died at 37k miles. One time I called and was supposedly talking to a supervisor, when I asked him for his name and how to spell it, ( obviously to make a complaint) he spelled his name several times, as fast as he could and was not consistent with his spelling. When I tried to make a complaint later, I was told there was no one by that name or anything close to it that worked there.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:32 AM
Retired playa

Originally Posted by jaroque
do they give you a loaner car? i'm about to take my car there for service...
It depends on the service. They have a shuttle if you go in the middle of the day, but when I had my tranny replaced, they gave me a 2k4 TL for the day. But if its for an oil change or something, I doubt it.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:10 AM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, VA (Northern VA area)-

Car buying: Bought my car from there, dealer was great at matching competitor's prices on the car and all of the accessories. Got a good deal on the NAVI since the color combo I wanted wasn't in stock w/o the NAVI.

Service: Car has been in for service 4 times, each time I got a loaner car (Integra, RSX, and TSX twice). 2 of the times it was for mods, the other 2 times it was for either a recall (timing belt tensioner, and oil jet), or to have minor things done (rotors resurfaced, molding replaced etc). Every time I've been there I've been treated with respect, and I've been taken care of. Jerry Soriano is the only service advisor I'll deal with though, he's awesome. I've only had a problem one time which was because they removed my wheels and didn't put back on one of the security lug-nuts. I complained and they gave me a whole net set of security lug-nuts.

Otherwise, nothing but positives to say about Pohanka.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:39 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Zimbrick Acura in Middleton Wi

Car Buying: was a great experiance.

Service: Has always been Very great. very timely, loaner every time, squeezed me in with out appointments to do work, replaced 1 of my tranny in a day,
nothing but POSITIVES for them
Old 09-29-2004, 10:54 AM
Intermediate

Where are the Texas people on this thread? Anyone go to any dealerships in Dallas?

I go to Acura Plano. They've been pretty good so far, but c'mon, is this the best out there?

Let's go Texas peoples!

tee
Old 09-29-2004, 12:00 PM
All Hail the Chief

Hall Acura of Va. Beach:

Sales: Pretty straightforward sale with little b.s. and haggle over prices. K.J. Clarke was my guy, and he is pretty cool. It helps that there is a competing dealership 15 miles away with which to quote prices for Hall to beat. During closing, the sales manager didn't even mention an extended warranty or other b.s. which is typical of many dealerships. Very big thumbs up there! (8/10)

Service: They seem to take very good care of your car. They lay out a paper floor mat and cover your seat with plastic. They do a complete vehicle pre-inspection prior to service which you sign-off on and they also ASK you whether or not you want a car wash. Very good policies IMO. The service managers are pretty cool, especially the young Phillipino guy. I even asked about getting certain preventive maintenance services done to my car and they were honest enough to say that I should wait until xxx miles. (9.5/10)

Duncan Acura of Roanoke, VA:

Sales: Never dealt with them

Service: The service manager is very nice and thorough. I am a little uneasy about lack of pre-service inspection and the grease monkeys don't put plastic on your seats. Must be a rural thing, I guess people down there aren't into car care as they are in bigger cities? Also, I have to TELL them not to wash my car. I have never had a complaint about the actual work done on my car though. And they have a pretty cool lounge complete with juice and pastries to help the time go by. (7.5/10) I'd give them another point if they did the walk-around.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:22 PM
NorCal you Beezy!

Acura of Serramonte

I'm here right now getting a inspection...
Good service and Friendly
Offered me doughnuts and coffee... The life of a King!
Old 09-29-2004, 06:30 PM
Kollage is funn!

Originally Posted by suj220
i went to park ave ACura in NJ. They were pretty nice especially the guy in the parts dept.

They installed the oil jet kit yesterday. Crosses my fingers. hopefully it will run for a while without any problems...up to 99K hehe
sweet- everyone's goin to Park ave......i made my appt today for 11/8......hey, you know, we should have a mini meet at park ave or something......that'd be kinda cool to have our meet at an acura dealership...... we could all test drive 04 TLs, and have a motorcade on Rt. 17.......
Old 09-29-2004, 06:58 PM
Registered Driver

First Acura : Seekonk, Mass

I didn't buy my car there, but brought it in to have the transmission fluid changed, they offered me about the same time (~1 hour) to either drain and fill, or completely flush it, and refill it. I completely flushed for the extra cash, which I was planning on, and thye went into a little detail about it. It also took less then the projected hour. When I brought it in (its actually a first gen) the service guy went out to my car with me, and wrote down the VIN number, informed me of all outstanding recalls and the like, which was none. He told me that I could get free spark plugs/wires and oil/filter change, which I also went and took advantage of. I was told 1-1.5 hours, and it took about 1.5 hours, so I was happy. I was also called when parts came in, and they have a sitting area with TV and magazines, plus some coffee if you'd like to pay for it. Also got my radio code no hassle, just gave him the serial number, and he got me the code. No problem with the car being insured/registered under someone elses name either, it's under my father's name because I'm only 17.

Their part's department is also pretty well, from the experiance I have had, they have had a couple small items that I have needed, for reasonable prices.

Inskip Acura : Warwick,RI

I did not buy my car here either, I bought it from a used dealership my parents have used ebfore, which is down the street from here. Before I picked up the car, the place I bought it from brought it to get inspected, but it failed because it blew an O2 sensor and the check engine light came on. The used dealership called Inskip, and askd how much it would be to get it fixed, they said it would be free, under warantee, and they made an appointmen to get it done on a Friday morning in about two weeks. I dropped the car off Thursday evening, and on Friday around 3P.M. got a phone call, they would not have the car done. The lady I spoke with could not give me any real reasons, and actually gave me different excuses each time I called. Saturday, I drove my parents car up there to have a chat, but their service department wasn't open. I spoke with a manager, and he appologized, and said that it would be done first thing Monday morning. Monday morning I get a phone call around 8:30 that wakes me up, and I am told my car is in the garage and should be done soon, before lunch. I get a friend to drive me up at about noon, and we go to the Inskip dealership, where the lady tells us they had jsut started working on the car, and to give them a little bit of time and it should be done. I go off to a huge Strawberry's with my friend to wait, and about an hour later get a call saying they have started working on other things on my car, an exhaust manifold, and ball joints, without consulting me. She tells me it should be done at 3:30, so I tell her I will be there at 3:30 to pick up the car. When I get there, I am told they are just finishing up, and at 4:15 I am finally getting ready to pick up the car, which I asked not to be washed because I had to be to work at 5. She calls around, and they cant find my car for about 15 minutes. So finally by around 4:40, I have my reciept of what was done, and I leave. My appointment, to replace an O2 sensor, under warantee, took 4 days, a lot of running around, and a lot of bullshit. Needless to say, I was quite angry and was not satisfied at all, I will never go back ever again.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:11 PM
All go, no show

Paragon Acura in Long Island City:
Avoid at all costs. Parts dept. took forever to get me some screws for my license plate bracket cuz they had no idea which screws to give me. Service technicians look like bums, and they watched me park my car illegally in front of their service department without saying a word. This was when I went to buy the screws. It wasn't until a cop was writing me $60 ticket that one of the technicians ambled in and told me I was getting a ticket. He then tells me that I could've pulled the car into the service dept. F'ing jackass could've told me that when he SAW ME parking my car (cuz he was loitering and staring out into space). Oh yeah, 4 screws cost me almost $10.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:12 PM
Skills: nunchuku skills

Originally Posted by Logic717
It depends on the service. They have a shuttle if you go in the middle of the day, but when I had my tranny replaced, they gave me a 2k4 TL for the day. But if its for an oil change or something, I doubt it.
it's for a warranty job. they're replacing my dashboard. pleeeeease give me a loaner...
Old 09-29-2004, 09:44 PM
I love cars!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Well in Texas (I'll try to be brief) I bought from Vandergriff (they pulled the poor credit, therefore need $2500 ext. warranty scam on me) Otherwise sales was pleasant enough, since I didn't realize the scam...service sucked, as their loaners were old Integras even after the Integra was no longer being sold....they only had like 8 loaners (again, not fresh cars) and only allowed drop-offs for maintenance on the weekend, not warranty work. Transferred my service business to Goodson where they have a fleet of 80 loaners (all RSX or TSX or 03 TLs) and the advisors are courteous, thorough and their worst trait is trying to sell extra service items, but you can't hold that against them. Even though Vandergriff moved to a larger much nicer location, I've tried them on service again, and I don't even get past making an appt because their attitude is not customer focused.
Here's a true story, funny in retrospect:
I called last week to have my radiator fan, CD-R problem and squeaky sunroof looked at. I called to say wifey's en route with the car and would need a loaner. Advisor's like "Well hold on, what's wrong with your car? Why are you bringing it in?"....I list the problems and reiterate the need for the loaner..."Well, *I* don't have any...usually you have to schedule those in advance....hold on let me check" At this point I'm like why am I getting the 3rd degree from this guy. It's highly unusual. So the "hold" recording is playing on the phone and it's talking about "since we moved to our new XXX sq ft facility..." and I'm thinking "They haven't moved!" when it finally became crystal clear: I'd accidentally called VANDERGRIFF for service rather than Goodson. Suddenly I realized why the attitude, hesitation in setting up a loaner, the "do I HAVE to?" attitude on taking the appointment. So, I hung up and called the CORRECT dealer: Goodson in Irving TX. What a relief, and they had the welcoming attitude I'm used to, took my wife to Enterprise because they were out of Acura loaners. They took care of my car but it took a little longer than anticipated. The cool part: Enterprise gave my wife a Hyundai Sonata;not too bad. However, when an Acura loaner came in, Goodson swapped out the Enterprise car for a TSX. For two reasons: an Acura loaner is cheaper to them, and it's a nicer car anyway. Goodson's service performance and the limited experience I've had with their sales force have cemented my decision to buy there if I replace my '00 TL with an '05, and I probably will go Acura again.
I mean, I had to laugh when I got off the phone, because I was thinking "NO WONDER I got all the 'tude. I called Vandergriff!" That just bore out the very reasons I do not let them service my car for either maintenance or AcuraCare claims. If I ever wondered if I decided correctly, this service advisor made a believer out of me. Vandergriff was about as bad when I inquired about the tranny recall. Goodson didn't have the parts, Vandergriff didn't know about it, and David McDavid also didn;'t have the parts yet. BEWARE!!
Old 09-29-2004, 10:54 PM
Left = passing lane

I've been around. Here goes:

Something Honda/Acura in Eugene, OR. Would not deal at all and after three tries, told them to stick it. Service department wasn't bad for the Honda side.

Tonkin Acura in Portland, OR. Sales staff made me feel like I had been shot down and taken prisoner. Luckily, I did my homework, walked out twice (they caught me in the parking lot both times) and finally drove out at invoice. Never went back there so I dont know about the service.

Acura at Oxmoor, Louisville, KY. Great (and busy) people in service. Did my second tranny swap and lent me a brandy-new TLP to cruise in. Found a bad wheel bearing on another trip (Chevy Impala that time ). Would highly recommend them.

Hubler Acura in Indianapolis, IN. So-so. Lots of noobs in the service side. Left my oil drain plug loose after a change for example. Did my oil jet kit, too, so we'll see how that goes down the road. Bought a used 1st gen Legend from them and the sales manager was less than cordial. Probably having a bad quota month...
Old 09-30-2004, 12:24 AM
Uber-Acura-Oakley

West Side Acura - Edmonton Alberta Canada

Service is very good but that is because I have gotten three Acura's regularly serviced over there for the past ten plus years. Know the service manager and I always get good service.

Sales side however leaves much to be desired.
Eg: When I preordered my RSX when it was first released ( already sold), mine was stolen and they did not tell me about it until they ordered a second RSX for me. I was fairly displeased.

I have some other sales stories as well but they would be too long to describe.

P.S. I bought my Acura's elsewhere.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:11 AM
Racer

THe car is purchased there yes...there service beats any other acura in NYC i think so..thats why they were awarded best service for 00-03 I believe or was it 02...the service is still good.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:53 AM
bluLEGEND

Hey Pure Adrenaline, go to Jeffrey Acura. They are so much better than the people at Troy. Just call to make your appointment. They are good with warranty stuff too. Techs and service staff are very professional. The newer lady there is a little...new, but still good.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:06 AM
On the way!

Orlando
In Orlando I use Fountain Acura, and they have treated me well. I get all of my service done there, and the quality of their workmanship is VERY good. They don't have a lot of loaners, but the on-site rental car place is decent. I give them an 8 out of 10.

Orlando
I took my car to Courtesy Acura once. I had a stuck CD in the head unit. I waited and waited for them to come back with a diagnosis. When I cane back to pick it up after the head unit was replaced I was informed that they blew out one of my tires while taking a test drive. WHY THE HELL do you need to take my car for a test drive when it's there for a new head unit?!?!? They said they would replace 1 of my front tires. Everyone here knows that you replace tires in pairs. The said they'd cut me a break on PURCHASING a second tire (something like a measly 10% off). I give them 2 out of 10. I'll never go there again.

Tampa
On my one occasion that I had to use Ferman Acura in Tampa (blown oil seal), they were stellar. They pampered me when my car was towed in, and gave me a TL loaner without even looking at my car (it was close to the end of the work day). Their first concern was getting me back on the road so I could get home. A definite 10 out of 10.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:24 AM
Retired playa

Originally Posted by jaroque
it's for a warranty job. they're replacing my dashboard. pleeeeease give me a loaner...
Oh hell yeah they'll give you a loaner, just make sure you go in early in the morning. I think they also have some loaner MDX's but the earlier you get there the better. I got there at 8 to get the TL and people were there before me!
Old 12-15-2004, 09:08 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Ray Laks Honda/Acura in West Seneca, NY.

Tim Poliniak is the parts manager there, and I've ordered from him several times. He's really cool guy, and I talk to him all the time. If you want OEM parts for cheap with excellent service, then this is the guy to talk to.

Don't know about the dealership's sales staff, though. I've never actually been to the dealership.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:47 PM
NiGhT rIdEr

brooklyn???

is there any good acura dealers in the nyc area??....cause acura of brooklyn sucks.....everytime i call they trasnfer me to someone else that just doesnt answer, call goes to voicemail...then i never get a call back (those pricks!)when i accually do get my car in there for repairs, they just leave the car parked in a lot all day and then tell me they didnt have time to get to it or they dont have a part they need and they are ordering it ...........these guys dont give a shit!
Old 12-15-2004, 10:59 PM
Race Director

Received 277 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by WiLLs TypE S

where is that?

the one in brooklyn, Plaza Acura is the shittiest place ever...everyone in there are jerks (dumb too).
Old 12-16-2004, 08:45 AM
Burning Brakes

Rallye Acura
1750 Northern Blvd
Roslyn, NY 11576-1113
(516)625-7070

I'm planning on getting my oil jet done there. Called them a few times, said they'd call back to set me up with an appointment. They haven't. I've put this on the back burner since I've been busy.
They said they won't give me a loaner because I didn't buy from them.

Quick Reply: Rate the Dealership