Raped a Celica GTS

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2002, 06:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Raped a Celica GTS

ok so I was at a stop light on Golf road, and this quido(pretty boy) pulls up next to me and starts reving his black celica GTS! I looked at him, and I really wasn't in the mood for his crap(driving back from a stressfull week at work!), but I nodded anyways! Well light turns green and I stepped on it, but I didn't mash it, and to my absolute surprise I pulled like a b1tch on this kid( I mean I was in D5, and the tanny was shifting at 4,000rpms)!!! I mean it wasn't even funny!, I shut it down at 70mph, and he goes flying past! I have a TL-P with 1200miles on it, and I was absolutely shocked by how badly I killed this dude! Bring on the G35!
Old 05-17-2002, 07:29 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Two possibilities...

1. that guy weren't even trying or simply can't drive

or

2. it's a GT instead of GT-S

I have raced with a few of the GT-S... both Auto and 6spd...

the spd is pulls just as strong as our car... so it depends on who gets off the line first.

The Auto, the TL has an slight edge I would say...

But in anycase, there's no way that you can pull on a GT-S shifting @ 4000rpm...

not bashing you or anything... don't get me wrong please... but just want to clear things... in case some GT-S owner are reading and think we have no idea what we are talking about...

They got only 180hp, but a pretty flat torque for a four. Their car is very very light as well...
Old 05-17-2002, 07:39 PM
Pro

Re: Raped a Celica GTS

u got some some whack ass kill stories.

Originally posted by torqueaholic
ok so I was at a stop light on Golf road, and this quido(pretty boy) pulls up next to me and starts reving his black celica GTS! I looked at him, and I really wasn't in the mood for his crap(driving back from a stressfull week at work!), but I nodded anyways! Well light turns green and I stepped on it, but I didn't mash it, and to my absolute surprise I pulled like a b1tch on this kid( I mean I was in D5, and the tanny was shifting at 4,000rpms)!!! I mean it wasn't even funny!, I shut it down at 70mph, and he goes flying past! I have a TL-P with 1200miles on it, and I was absolutely shocked by how badly I killed this dude! Bring on the G35!
Old 05-17-2002, 11:58 PM
The New 3 Series Coupe

Well... I don't know... I've ran against a gts before. I have to agree that they are hella fast, but I was racing him when there were fair amount of traffic and plus I guess it all depends on the driver... whether or not the driver knows how to swing his rocket...
Old 05-18-2002, 08:17 AM
Racer

well i know the GT does not present a problem for a TL-P, but i dont know about GT-S....but no one here should have a problem with the GT stock vs. stock
Old 05-18-2002, 09:13 AM
Banned

well all I can say is I think it was a GTS, but I could have been wrong! And he might not have know how to drive his manual transmission.
Old 05-20-2002, 12:20 AM
Pro

That's why I only race Echo, I always win even give them head start
Old 05-20-2002, 02:12 AM
Pro

Originally posted by KJ32
That's why I only race Echo, I always win even give them head start
Damn you got ballz... I only will race the the Prius or the insight.
Old 05-20-2002, 03:20 AM
Instructor

if a tl-p was to race shifting on 4ks, we will lose to civics... and a celica gts is 1 fast mofo... so i dunno what the heck happened
Old 05-20-2002, 05:09 AM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by corey415

Damn you got ballz... I only will race the the Prius or the insight.
ROTFLMFAO!!!
Old 05-20-2002, 03:20 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
there seems to be quite a gross misconception that m/t's are faster than a/t's. i think 9.9 out of 10 times, an automatic version of a car will be faster for the *average* driver. the manual accelearation times posted on the car magazines only depict the absolute best time achieved by *professional* drivers - perfect launch, fast as all hell shifting and perfect clutch modulation. so to think that a tl would lose to a manual gts but not an auto one is probably a fallacy. i would much rather race people who are driving m/t cars, unless their last name is andretti or schumacher.

one other question...might sound stupid...but what does the "p" in "tl-p" or "cl-p" stand for? i know it means NOT type-s, but what's the "p" designation? TIA!
Old 05-20-2002, 03:53 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by jomama
there seems to be quite a gross misconception that m/t's are faster than a/t's. i think 9.9 out of 10 times, an automatic version of a car will be faster for the *average* driver. the manual accelearation times posted on the car magazines only depict the absolute best time achieved by *professional* drivers - perfect launch, fast as all hell shifting and perfect clutch modulation. so to think that a tl would lose to a manual gts but not an auto one is probably a fallacy. i would much rather race people who are driving m/t cars, unless their last name is andretti or schumacher.

one other question...might sound stupid...but what does the "p" in "tl-p" or "cl-p" stand for? i know it means NOT type-s, but what's the "p" designation? TIA!
"P" stands for premium. In the '99-'01 cars, premium referred to non-navi cars. With the '02 models, premium refers to the non "S" version (225hp).

So now you have

'99-'01
TL Navi
TL-Premium (non-navi)

'02-'03
TL-S (non-nav)
TL-S w/NAV

TL-P (non-nav)
TL-P w/Nav

I know for a fact that the '99-'01 non Navs were referred to as Premium models, because when I first started shopping the TL in '99 when the redesigned version came out (2nd gen if you don't count the Vigor), the dealers had waiting lists where customers could put their names after plunking down a deposit. Those lists were broken down by model designation (NAV vs. Premium) and color.

Although I think many people now refer to the TL-P as the non-S version, regardless of year.
Old 05-20-2002, 04:42 PM
Intermediate

all these assumptions are based on a celica gt-s vs a TL-P right? with 225 hp, but what about a run against a TL-S, don't get me wrong those celica's are quick as hell and light but the TL-S has about 1/3 more hp and torque.
Old 05-20-2002, 06:08 PM
Pro

i agree with jojomama. take drag cars for instance, they are autos(well most of them) and a human being can never shift as fast as an automatic tranny. most people think manual cars are faster just b/c it has a manual tranny, but not all the time. for a stargith line auto's are better, at road tracks. manual's better.
for daily driving..it depends on the driver.

but either way, this was one whack kill story.

Originally posted by AcDrvr54
all these assumptions are based on a celica gt-s vs a TL-P right? with 225 hp, but what about a run against a TL-S, don't get me wrong those celica's are quick as hell and light but the TL-S has about 1/3 more hp and torque.
Old 05-20-2002, 11:51 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by AcDrvr54
A 6speed GT-S w/ a good driver is a mid-to-hi 14 sec car, and although they only have 180hp, at 2600lb curb weight, the power:weight ratio makes them nice little pocket rockets. An auto GT-S is a low 15sec car, and a GT will be slower.
Of course, driver is everything.
Old 05-21-2002, 02:59 PM
Cruisin'

I have a CLP and i raced a GTS manual once, the guy was an average/good driver i would say. Hes a friend. I was using SS and shifting pass red. I beat him by half a car to 1 car length about