Raced a sweet modded A4 last night

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 09:47 AM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Raced a sweet modded A4 last night

One of my buds has a really sweet looking chipped A4 with exhaust. When I ride with him the car pulls pretty hard and has very impressive acceleration. When I had my Galant (non-VR4) S(low) he would just embarass me.

Well last night he is following me home when we get to a straight away, which we both know very well (meaning cop hideouts, etc.). We go from one to two lanes after a bridge and it stays this way for about two miles. Well after I go over the bridge I am a good 10 cars (I guess) ahead of him when I look in the rear and he is closing fast. By the time I put it in SS and drop it to third he is in my blind spot (in 4th I believe). I try and drop it to second (going about 40mph) when it flashes and doesn't let me so I stayed in third. The whole time I stayed about a half car to a car length in front but never gained. I was disappointed that I never gained although I may have had we keep going but then again he did catch me off guard and I was still able to hold him off. We hit maybe about 80 before I hit my brakes because we are approaching a known speed trap.

Round two (well not really). We pass the trap and see no cops so I figure its on! I am already in third at about 40-45 mph in SS when I drop it to second and I'm gone! Redline to about 7000rpms and shift it up (I actually shifted at about 6700 but it takes a split second for the ECU to shift). My car was moving and again I hit about 80+ when I look in the mirror and see my friend way back! In all fairness I caught him off guard this time and he didn't really try once he saw me take off!

Road was empty and it was pretty cool. Afterwards we went home and watched the Supra vs. Ferrari scene in Fast and Furious, to my girlfriend's dismay! "Smoke em!"

His car and pretty sweet and I almost bought an A4 because I loved his so much! We'll be going to the tracks in a few weeks with the Audi Club and get some real numbers...unfortunately, since I'll probably be the only TLS there, I'll have to line up against an S4 and get my ass handed to me! It should be fun either way! As long as I don't line up against bmw74 and his nasty S4!
Old 07-22-2002, 11:03 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Raced a sweet modded A4 last night

Originally posted by ferizzo

Road was empty and it was pretty cool. Afterwards we went home and watched the Supra vs. Ferrari scene in Fast and Furious, to my girlfriend's dismay! "Smoke em!"
Is it just me that noticed or has everyone considered The Fast and the Furious as the Bible in driving fast on public roads?

Originally posted by ferizzo

His car and pretty sweet and I almost bought an A4 because I loved his so much!
"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife..er, car."
Old 07-22-2002, 11:35 AM
still a Masshole

Admired is a better word than coveted. His car is sweet but I am glad I bought my TLS.

F & F is not our bible for driving fast its just a pretty cool movie, eventhough its not entirely accurate. We were going to watch it anyway, we just happened to spontaneously race before hand.
Old 07-22-2002, 04:47 PM
Racer

yeah...I was actually surprised to keep up as I will bet your car is faster in a straight line. I wonder if I didn't stop next to you for a second to look over and instigate, if I had a chance of pulling a little bit. My guess is no. I would expect the same thing...neither one of us pulling. But I would bet on the TLS if I had to. From a stop, I would need a decent launch to have a chance as the TLS bottom end is pretty damn good. I'm interested to see who would win 80-140 as my car is geared well for it. There really isn't a great spot to try that one out unfortunetly...but I'm sure we'll find one :>)

As for the time you lost me afterwards....I got caught with my pants around my ankles there...I was in 5th gear at about 40 mph....you took off like a bat outta hell..I hit the gas and nothing :>( 1.8 liters, 3400 lbs and laaaaaag are a ***** I tell ya. Oh well...I fear the worst for this weekend in the cape as there will be a lightly modded 5.28i auto, a TLS (Ferizzo) and me. Taat can only spell trouble. Mihgt be time for the race fuel program :>)
Old 07-22-2002, 04:53 PM
still a Masshole

I need to beat you once before you get that stage 3! Oh well! Talk to you later troll!

PS - Deep down inside you know you are a honda /acura guy!
Old 07-22-2002, 04:55 PM
Racer

yeah...you have plenty of time until 20+ psi...and I have always been a Handa/Acura guy...I still have one that will hand your TLS it's.....well, you know.
Old 07-22-2002, 05:03 PM
still a Masshole

Yeah I know!!!
Old 07-22-2002, 09:11 PM
Having Fun?

and I missed it

I'll have to keep an eye out, hehe