Raced a 911 996 body

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 04:44 AM
Parting out 02 Type S :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raced a 911 996 body

THIS IS A GOOD BUT LONG STORY:
Just came home, its about 2 in the morning. Im screwin around, enjoying the cold air and traffic free atmosphere. i come to a stop at a light and notice a porsche 996 with a gt3 wing. that thing was sweet. i am not sure if it was a manual or not, but here goes anyways.
so i push right past him about a block down, then he gets the idea of what i want. he has one person in the car, i am alone
we come up at a light, and we are sitting there calmly, no revving or anything. i was thinking of revving just to double check that it was on at the light, but since i dont have exhaust and neutral wont let you go more than 5k, i figured he probably woudnt hear it.
the light turns green and i easy start off. then i slowly push all the way to the floor. he did the exact same, though i got a one car head start advantage at first. i can hear his car begin revving and i am expecting it to fly by me. i keep looking back, but he seems to be struggling. dont get me wrong, he did pull very nicely, but i guess i was expecting more. at about 70-80, he has jumped 1 car in front and is still slowly gaining. but remember i did get a one car advantage in beginning(no more, no less)
i am shocked at the moment, and didnt realize the red light up ahead. he does on the other hand, so he already is slowing down.

i was slamming the brakes and chirping the tires like crazy, just barely crossing the crosswalk line. oh yeah, the whole blvd. is curved, and that doesnt help when braking at high speed.
when i stopped, i look back and see the bastard stopped like 10 feet behind me! that porsche stopped like no tomorrow.
the last thing i do is ask him to pull his window down at the next light. i asked if he had any mods. he hesitantly(dont know why he did) said that he had a modified chip.
HERE IS THE BEST PART:
He looks at me with a surprised expression on his face. his buddy is checking my car out.
they were both amazed at what a SEDAN acura can do. i was surprised too. this made my night as i calmly cruised home.
Note: i have tockico shocks/hr springs/michelin pilot sport tires/obx header
still waiting for the icebox. anybody know when its coming?
Old 03-28-2003, 04:49 AM
Burning Brakes

verah nayce
Old 03-28-2003, 06:49 AM
Racer

I think he was playing with you...or learning to drive stick. I bet you're glad you have ABS braking hard in a turn:o
Old 03-28-2003, 08:01 AM
lover and fighter

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
I outran a chump in a brand new Ferrari 360 leaving Hooters one night. He was drunk as a skunk and couldn't find second gear-or third-or fourth...I figured one light was plenty to rest my laurels upon...
Old 03-28-2003, 08:19 AM
l33t

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If the drivers is bad enough, you can take anyone

When my buddie got his M5, it was his first stick (WTF?) so yeah, he learned to drive a stick with his damn M5...

In my '99 TL i could take him all the way up to 80MPH till he was well in to 3rd gear cause he sucked so bad lol

It was nice to pull away from the M5 with dreams that it was cause my car was faster ehehehehhehe
Old 03-28-2003, 03:35 PM
Parting out 02 Type S :(

yeah, it is usually up to the driver. i personally have raced enough to know the best way to launch and keep the car under control at higher speeds.
but still, coming to that red light at 70 mph scared the crap out of me. i was pushing the brake just to the point the car could still keep its track.
i would of pressed harder, allowing the car to slide and VSA to help, but the porsche was right next to me so i any sliding would kill us both.
if anything there is a lesson to be learned here: if the road gets curve, even if it is a mildly angled curve, LET GO OF GAS! If you are gOing 70+ on a curve and braking is needed, youre screwed!