questions on headers!!!! please help soon

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2002, 02:54 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
questions on headers!!!! please help soon

hey guys... i met a kid tonight at a mini "car show" who works for this shop that i hate.... but he told me, he would get me the comptech headers for 700 bucks and change.... i have many questions
1. i know stores markup car products hugely,,, but is this price possible???
2.what EXACTLY come with the headers?? is it JUST the two headers, or should there be that, and some bolts? screws? pipeing? anything else included???
3. do the comptech headers say comptech on them somewhere,? so i know their real
4. how much did you guys pay for installation?
5.is it something i could(or one of you guys) could help me install?

please help me out, and include any other info that i should know..... thanks again yo's.....

silver 2003 type s
zex nitrous kit
aem cold air
5% tint
** panasonic 7200 monitor, paid in full, waiting for shipment**
** $3,000 secret mod already paid for, waiting for install**
Old 07-13-2002, 03:04 AM
Three Wheelin'

Re: questions on headers!!!! please help soon

[QUOTE]Originally posted by superballs
[B]
1. i know stores markup car products hugely,,, but is this price possible???

(yes its possible......at best buy the head unit at cost are about 50 percent of what their selling it for...same could apply)

2.what EXACTLY come with the headers?? is it JUST the two headers, or should there be that, and some bolts? screws? pipeing? anything else included???

2 headers, a down pipe and some screwes....

3. do the comptech headers say comptech on them somewhere,? so i know their real

the comptech badge is welded on the header cant miss it

4. how much did you guys pay for installation?

not sure

5.is it something i could(or one of you guys) could help me install?
any thing can be done and yes its possible....tricky but possible
Old 07-13-2002, 04:33 AM
Three Wheelin'

No, it is not possible

Comptech parts have a very small mark up from cost to retail

The only way you would get them for that price, is if they are used, they have had them for a long time and wanted to get rid of them, or they are the old style.

Hope that helps
Old 07-13-2002, 12:57 PM
Advanced

Listen to Snook

It's true what snook and asiankidd said, they will likely be used. To be sure ask to see them first, Comptech headers when new have a beautiful polished look to them when new, but if they are used they would have turned a golden amber color after only a couple heat cycles.

Also the headers do have the CARB EXEMPT stamped on one of the exhaust manifolds.

Finally unless you're mechanically inclined and VERY patient I would recommend having an Acura dealership do the install, because after I had mine done at Downey Acura, the service guy told me that's it's a ***** to do the job. But some of the guys have done it themselves. so it's possible to save the 250-350 that a dealership will charge to do it for you.

Good Luck!
Old 07-13-2002, 03:23 PM
Advanced

Re: Listen to Snook

Originally posted by J32A2RULES!
It's true what snook and asiankidd said, they will likely be used. To be sure ask to see them first, Comptech headers when new have a beautiful polished look to them when new, but if they are used they would have turned a golden amber color after only a couple heat cycles.

Also the headers do have the CARB EXEMPT stamped on one of the exhaust manifolds.

Finally unless you're mechanically inclined and VERY patient I would recommend having an Acura dealership do the install, because after I had mine done at Downey Acura, the service guy told me that's it's a ***** to do the job. But some of the guys have done it themselves. so it's possible to save the 250-350 that a dealership will charge to do it for you.

Good Luck!
question... let see if I let someone like Acura dealer install headers on my car and like a year later I have engine trouble. Is my car still under warranty? I'm just worry that the Acura warranty won't apply to my car since the headers has been changed. thanks...
Old 07-15-2002, 05:48 PM
Pro

Re: Re: Listen to Snook

Originally posted by TypeS_Monster

question... let see if I let someone like Acura dealer install headers on my car and like a year later I have engine trouble. Is my car still under warranty? I'm just worry that the Acura warranty won't apply to my car since the headers has been changed. thanks...
You don't have to worry about that. Acura/Honda will not void your warranty if you had installed it in their service department and the part is Comptech. They have a pretty good relationship and Acura knows Comptech manufacture good quality parts.

Hope that helps.

axleback
Old 07-25-2002, 02:18 PM
Blood Type: S

My dealer told me they will not install anything aftermarket onto my car for me. Whats up with that??? Does it depend on the service manager or what? But if it does not void the warranty, then shouldn't they all do it then??? Acura of Turnersville are the pricks who gave me attitude about this question.
Old 07-25-2002, 03:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They cannot void your warranty for stuff like headers or filters. They are same or superior in design and there are laws against it. As far as headers for that price I doubt it. Most group buys go for what Tims MVC prices are and you can get lots of different parts and don't need a certain amount of peeps.