Questions about the TL(RIMS, KIT, SPRINGS)

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2001, 12:17 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Questions about the TL(RIMS, KIT, SPRINGS)

Aight I'm going to purchace my TL this week. I want to know What's a good price for Racing Harts C2(18 inch) and comptech springs? Should I buy the factory kit(bottom and wing spoiler) when I purchase my car or should I buy it seperatly and have sombody else install it? Last but not least how many coils do I have to cut or it will look clean without cutting? Also I want to say thxs for this forum because it really made me wanted a TL instead of the IS.
Old 03-04-2001, 12:23 AM
The Doctor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
first of all, welcome to this board!!!
i cannot answer questions regarding wheels because i don't know much, but if you wanna save some money you should buy the kit/spoiler seperately because dealers always want to rip people off. installation is easy for the kit.

comptech springs are 300 bucks from this website, and that's perhaps the cheapest you can find.

additionally, never cut coils. comptech springs will drop 1.25 inches and if you drop more you might need camber kits to correct them.

------------------

2000 Metalic Silver TL
Comptech springs
AEM Short Ram
Polarg M-12 Side signals
Bra - XPEL clear bra, that is.
Pikkachu on the back passenger window
Old 03-04-2001, 01:12 AM
BDI
Banned

Originally posted by Mr.T:
Aight I'm going to purchace my TL this week. I want to know What's a good price for Racing Harts C2(18 inch) and comptech springs? Should I buy the factory kit(bottom and wing spoiler) when I purchase my car or should I buy it seperatly and have sombody else install it? Last but not least how many coils do I have to cut or it will look clean without cutting? Also I want to say thxs for this forum because it really made me wanted a TL instead of the IS.
Welcome!!!! As for the kit, I suggest you get it somewhere else coz the dealer will most likely rip you off since that's what they do best. Also pleeeez don't cut your springs, just go with the Comptech or there are many other choices you can go with. Just search go to the parts section on this site. You can also get a good deal on the rims through Tim on this site... www.autocarparts.com/AcuraTL.htm
Old 03-04-2001, 01:22 AM
Instructor

wings west kit is the way to go. as for the springs, I am assuming that you wanna cut them for a lower ride hight right? well get some eibach's they have low (prokit) and lower. comptechs will give you a close to stock ride, I hear. Intstallation for your kit is a snap. Everybody here can help you with that! right guys!!!

------------------
Naples Gold Metallic 2000 3.2 TL
Wings West Kit Type-W
Comptech Exhausts
INSPIRE Tails
Cleared Out Custom HID's
00BMW Sidemarker DRLights
Custom Grill
Old 03-04-2001, 01:59 AM
Three Wheelin'

Don't cut the coils! buy the comptechs'...they are the best for their price. Don't know about rims...and go for either the West wing or the oem kit...but don't buy it from the factory..but it thru here...best price.

------------------
Mugen exhaust
now ordering AEM short ram
Old 03-04-2001, 09:29 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Mr.T:
Aight I'm going to purchace my TL this week. I want to know What's a good price for Racing Harts C2(18 inch) and comptech springs? .....
Wow, those 1800 Collect commercials paid off, huh!

The best prices I've seen are at Tim's site mentioned above. $625 each for the C2's and $299 for Comptech Springs.

Welcome to the neighborhood.

"I PITY DA FOOL WHO BUYS AN IS!!"

------------------

1999 Firepepper Red
Under Body Kit/Rear Wing Spoiler/26 Piece Wood Grain Console/BurlWood Shift Knob/
30% Smoke Tint/Comptech Sways & Springs (not installed yet)

More Pics