Question on current lease.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 12:38 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question on current lease.

I currently have 12 months left on my TLS lease. I want to trade it in for another car besides an Acura. Should I wait until there is 1 or 2 months left on my lease before I even consider looking for another car. I am going to purchase the car this time instead of leasing. Leasing is definitely not for me.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:27 PM
Racer

I would wait till around october since you cant do anything till then anyways, by then the 06 cars and reviews will be out. If anything just pick a few 05s right now read the specs and reviews on them then when the 06's come out see what differences and improvements have been made
Old 01-04-2005, 01:38 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by AcuraTl203
I would wait till around october since you cant do anything till then anyways, by then the 06 cars and reviews will be out. If anything just pick a few 05s right now read the specs and reviews on them then when the 06's come out see what differences and improvements have been made
Ya that's what I was thinking. Do you think I will have any problem trading my Leased Acura in for another make with 2 or 3 months left on it?
Old 01-04-2005, 01:53 PM
I need 2 more gears

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Wait til you have 1 month left, then have your car professionally completely detailed(ask for it to be buffed or detail shop probably wont). Then bring it in looking sharp so they cant try to nail you for damaged and wear penalties and shop around. Unless they give you a discount for buying a car there because you leased in the past. A lot of dealers only give you a discount if you lease another vehicle. So best bet is to shop a little and try and put two competing dealers head-to-head, thats how you get the best price.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:55 PM
Intermediate

Buy back before end of lease

Here it goes. Contact the leasing company and find out what's the buyback as of the day you called. If for example the purchase back is 25K and the car is only worth 22K, then a car dealer may pickup the lease payments but may have to tag along the extra (25 - 22 or less) to your new lease. You can also find a buyer for the car or someone who would assume your lease. With 12 months left, it is not cost effective to break the lease.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:58 PM
I shift therefore I am

if you dont want to wait for your lease to end, try http://www.swaplease.com .
Old 01-04-2005, 02:03 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by sbuswell
Wait til you have 1 month left, then have your car professionally completely detailed(ask for it to be buffed or detail shop probably wont). Then bring it in looking sharp so they cant try to nail you for damaged and wear penalties and shop around. Unless they give you a discount for buying a car there because you leased in the past. A lot of dealers only give you a discount if you lease another vehicle. So best bet is to shop a little and try and put two competing dealers head-to-head, thats how you get the best price.
If I trade it in to another dealer besides the one I leased from I don't think there going to hit me for any wear penalties. They only time they do that if I just give the car back to the Acura Dealer where I leased. I plan on taking my leased Acura to a Nissan/Infiniti Dealership.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:03 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by tlram
if you dont want to wait for your lease to end, try http://www.swaplease.com .
Already tried that.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:05 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by drquasievil
Here it goes. Contact the leasing company and find out what's the buyback as of the day you called. If for example the purchase back is 25K and the car is only worth 22K, then a car dealer may pickup the lease payments but may have to tag along the extra (25 - 22 or less) to your new lease. You can also find a buyer for the car or someone who would assume your lease. With 12 months left, it is not cost effective to break the lease.
But if I wait until I have 1 or 2 months left do you think the dealer will let me trade it in for another vehicle. Keep in mind that I do not plan on going back to my original Acura Dealer who I leased from. I am going to purchase a Nissan or Infiniti.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:31 PM
Intermediate

lease

Originally Posted by Mr. Bo Jangles
But if I wait until I have 1 or 2 months left do you think the dealer will let me trade it in for another vehicle. Keep in mind that I do not plan on going back to my original Acura Dealer who I leased from. I am going to purchase a Nissan or Infiniti.
Going to another dealer it's even better. Most dealers will want to get you on their vehicles. However, they are not in the business of loosing money. The value of the car must be better or equal to what they can get on a sale. Contact the leasing company and get the cost of buy back. This is what they are looking for when you talk to them.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:49 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Bo Jangles
Nissan or Infiniti? Going to the darkside huh. Let me guess your going for the G35 coupe 6spd right? Trust me don't do it. I have a friend who works for nissan here in torrance and said that those damn cars have so many recalls and problems you wouldn't believe. But if it make you feel better about yourself buying that car then so be it. But in the long run your going to be paying for it. Just my
Old 01-04-2005, 02:57 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by drquasievil
Going to another dealer it's even better. Most dealers will want to get you on their vehicles. However, they are not in the business of loosing money. The value of the car must be better or equal to what they can get on a sale. Contact the leasing company and get the cost of buy back. This is what they are looking for when you talk to them.
Gotcha.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:57 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1fasttl
Nissan or Infiniti? Going to the darkside huh. Let me guess your going for the G35 coupe 6spd right? Trust me don't do it. I have a friend who works for nissan here in torrance and said that those damn cars have so many recalls and problems you wouldn't believe. But if it make you feel better about yourself buying that car then so be it. But in the long run your going to be paying for it. Just my
Well my TLS hasn't exactly been problem free. I had to replace my rotors FOUR TIMES in 40,000 miles. And had to fix my squeeky moonroof twice. I'm leaning toward the 350Z.