Question about my LEASE TERMINATION INSPECTION ...

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 07:13 PM
Straight outta JERSEY ...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about my LEASE TERMINATION INSPECTION ...

my o2 Tl's lease is almost up and i have to have an inspection done. They said that i should show them the last 6-12 months of maintenence documentation !! I never saved any of that stuff (I know, i'm an idiot)! What should i have done to the car b4 they come and check it???

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Old 10-06-2004, 09:18 AM
Intermediate

Just my two cents, I took my car to a local car wash and had it "detailed" proir to the inspection. A coupon job that as I recall was about $40. Had a 45k lease and I did the normal maint. myself, which you can do. Nowhere does it say you have to save reciepts. The owners manual does have a page in it on which you can record your servicing. Dude that came to inspect the car said that was nice but. in reality the only thing I needed service record wise prior to turn in was a bonifide reciept from the last oil change done.
So get yourself a coupon $20 oil change and a cleanup car and you should be all set.
I was sitting on the fence about buying vs. turn in. The buyout on mine was about 3 to 4k less than the dealers were asking for, so I was planning on buying. Since AHF doesn't give you any break for not having the inspection done, I figured keep the inspector employed, send him out.
Guy went all over the car, pointing out dings I'd need a microscope to see. In the end he claimed they'd harpoon me $60 for the Dent Wizzard to repair the dings and everything else was in order. They give you a copy of the report and the other to AHF.
Bought mine, shortly thereafter the transmission failed and was replaced, but what the heck, here almost two years later I have a vehicle with a new transmission and the dealers are asking about what I paid for mine off lease.
BTW, AHF held my security deposit and registration refund pending settlement of taxes and here now almost two years later I have still not recieved a final statement from them.
Good Luck
Old 10-06-2004, 10:36 AM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mrchoopa2u
my o2 Tl's lease is almost up and i have to have an inspection done. They said that i should show them the last 6-12 months of maintenence documentation !! I never saved any of that stuff (I know, i'm an idiot)! What should i have done to the car b4 they come and check it???

THANKS IN ADVANCE
if you had it done at a shop somewhere, just call and ask if they have records. if not just tell them you changed the oil yourself etc, and unfortunately since you didn't save any receipts, perhaps they're on your credit/debit card, or a check?

the main maintenance should be oil changing and whatever the acura manual says you need to do for regular mileage maintenance. and yes, have the car detailed.

SSTS
Old 10-06-2004, 11:26 AM
Cruisin'

Inspection

I just had my lease jeep inspected and they only looked at the exterior, interior, and miles. No service records needed. If it is not in your contract then you should be fine.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:00 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by yagalove
I just had my lease jeep inspected and they only looked at the exterior, interior, and miles. No service records needed. If it is not in your contract then you should be fine.
Honda is notorious for being ridiculously picky. I'm buying mine out for sure (bought the body kit after getting the car and had it molded in, so I can't return it even if I wanted to.. haha) because I love mine. I'm gonna tell them to suck a dick at the end of the lease.

The only thing bothers me is that I will have to deal with Acura of Troy when I buy her out, and I hate that place.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:05 PM
WhizzBomb

Buy out price?

This may be a stupid question, but I have a lease and am planning on buying at the end of the term. I know when I signed the lease there was a firm end of term purchase price. Has anyone experienced any wiggle room with that or do they pretty much stick to it?

Thanks,

Joe
Old 10-06-2004, 04:23 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Whizzbomb
This may be a stupid question, but I have a lease and am planning on buying at the end of the term. I know when I signed the lease there was a firm end of term purchase price. Has anyone experienced any wiggle room with that or do they pretty much stick to it?

Thanks,

Joe
This has been discussed before, and from what the members have said, Honda Finance doesn't budge. I mean, you could always give it a shot, but don't expect to knock off thousands of dollars.

I think the key is to research the current value of the car at the time of the lease termination, take an average figure and compare to the buy-out price. The buy-out price, remember, is nothing but an estimated figure. At the time of the lease agreement, you should've been told that the projected resale value percentage of your car is so-and-so after however long the term was.

I would go from there, and negotiate by saying that the buy-out price was unrealistic and merely an estimated figure, and that they should negotiate somewhere in-between. Honestly, the dealerships will never get the projected resale value for it if you returned the car. So if you showed them that you are serious about purchasing it, then I'm sure they will meet you half-way.