Problems with service at David McDavid/Plano

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2001, 09:11 PM

Red face Problems with service at David McDavid/Plano

I have read the archives on David McDavid of Plano service. Has anyone else experienced problems with window tint and rattles that they can't fix. I have taken my car in 4 times since I have had it ( I have only had it about a month) to get them to fix window tint. Bubbles keep appearing. They are telling me that nothing really can be done. But, I am not buying it.

Any similar experiences??
Old 06-24-2001, 09:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

man, I live in dallas and bought my TL there. They suck; I hate them.

I tried to have rattles fixed and no luck, so I did it myself. Send me an email if you want more info, I'll be happy to bash that place more on email or the phone.

The place in irving (Vandegriff?) is much better. Turns out they are a "Precision team" certified dealer where DMD is not.

I hate david McDavid and everyone there, and especially Michelle in sales. Lance Simpkins who actually sold me my car was cool, though, but pretty ignorant about the cars.

You can email me at jason_flynn@yahoo.com if you like and we'll chat. I'd actually like to report them to Acura and also notify the BBB of some problems I've had there. The place in Irving is actually pretty good, and only like 5-10 minutes from downtown.

------------------
'01 White Diamond Pearl 3.2TL
-Wing, tint, wood and Whistler
Old 06-24-2001, 10:34 PM

The dealer in Irving is called Goodson Acura, or at least it used to be. I've known David McDavid as a whole to be a pretty crappy franchise. I know a couple of people who have had nothing but bad luck with their Pontiac service department.
Old 06-25-2001, 09:20 AM
Instructor

Geesh...I bought my car there and it went pretty well. They gave me this best deal atleast. As far as the service, I haven't had to use it yet. I guess I've been pretty lucky. So far NO rattles or nothing. I didn't get my tint there because tinting companys over charge, the the dealer adds their mark up. My buddy owns a tint shop and gives me a pretty good deal on good film. The bubbling on your tint should be replaced. I think David McDavid uses Pro-Tint. You need to go in there tell them to have it replaced, don't ask them. Most tint companys have warranties especially for bubbles.

Good luck.

P.S. My sister inlaw went to have her tint replaced because of bubbles and they told her they couldn't. Then her husband went up there and they were like " oh sure no problem"

------------------
Jeremy
2002 Satin Silver w/Navi

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by RX-72ATL-S on June 25, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 06-25-2001, 10:09 AM
Intermediate

It is Goodson Acura. They are the best in the Dallas area. I bought mine there and have it serviced there as well....They are just nice folks.

------------------
2002 WDP/Parch TL-S
Factory Spoiler
Joshua Tree Woodtrim Kit
Clifford IG8000 alarm
Old 06-25-2001, 04:21 PM

Thumbs down

99% of all dealers service dept. suck arse.
I have bought many brand new cars from most
every major manufacturer out there, and have
not found 1 service dept. that didn't have
freaken idiots working there. I cringe at the
thought of taken my cars to the dealership.
I fix/maintain everthing I can myself. I've
got both recall notices sitting on my desk,
and the car isn't going in until one of the
two breaks.
Sad state of affairs.
Old 07-08-2001, 03:57 PM

Smile

I would like to post a follow-up to my first inquiry. I went back to the dealership with my problems and they have been resolved. The tint looks very good now. The noise from around the windows is gone and the grease marks from the floor mats has been cleaned. The service dept (especially Jesse) worked very hard in getting my issues resolved. Many thanks to him.
Old 07-08-2001, 05:38 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try Mac Churchill Acura

I purchased my new TL-type S at Mac Churchill in Fort Worth. I went back to the dealer one time and I have never received such prompt, courteous and they actually fixed my car on the first trip in 1/ the time they said it would take. Ask for Kimmy!
Old 07-08-2001, 05:52 PM
Instructor

I brought my car into David McDavid in Plano for them to replace a broken part under warranty. They did not have it so they said they would special order it. It has been a whole month now. I called and they said they had not even ordered it yet! Anyways, the dealership in Irving (across from TX Stadium) is Goodson. The one in Arlington (off I-20 and Collins I believe) is Vandergriff. I shopped around at 4 dealerships when I was buying my car. My opinion is that Vandergriff is the best. They do not have as large of a stock as Goodson on hand, but the people there were friendlier than they were at Goodson. Also, the people @ Vandergriff, for the most part, seem to be Honda/Acura enthusiasts wheras I saw the salesman at Goodson drive off in an ES300! Anyways, I'll stop rambling now...It's good to see some other TL owners in the Plano area. Take it easy everyone and have a great day.

-Burt
Old 07-09-2001, 01:32 PM
Banned

I live in Houston, but got my TL-S from Vandergriff.....since all the TL's in Houston got flooded!
They actually would deal with the broker I got to get my car for me......