Possible to order TL in Non-standard Interior color?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2002, 10:18 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Possible to order TL in Non-standard Interior color?

Greetings to all you find TL Folk. I was just wondering if it is possible, or if anyone has ordered a TL with the interior that is different from what Acura offers for that particular exterior color? For example, the Silver only comes with Ebony interiors, but I would like a Parchment interior. If anyone has done this, please tell me how you did it, what the experience was like, and/or what dealer you used. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-30-2002, 10:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

nop you can't do that at all
Old 10-30-2002, 10:48 PM
Who Needs a Type-S?

Honda is not a bespoke manufacturer at all so you're out of luck. Your better bets would be to restitch the interior in your desired color or find a owner with Parchment interior who would be willing to trade his entire interior for yours. Two of my friend's with S2000's switched their interiors, the white one now has black leather and the yellow one has red.
Old 10-30-2002, 11:08 PM
Advanced

See Honda would do alot better business if you could mix and match interiors. BMW has a very nice policy about this
Old 10-30-2002, 11:50 PM
Who Needs a Type-S?

Then ur brand new TL would have a MSRP of $45,000, have you never learned why Hondas are cheaper...

PARTS INTERCHANGEABILITY!!!
Old 10-31-2002, 12:31 AM
Race Director

Originally posted by TuRb0MiKeY
Then ur brand new TL would have a MSRP of $45,000, have you never learned why Hondas are cheaper...

PARTS INTERCHANGEABILITY!!!
WHAT ARE U SAYING?
If Honda offered more options they would sell more..
There stupid or something.. Even on the new 2003 Accord they dont have Black Exterior on INterior Black Leather.. Thats stupid.. Thats like a dreamful option lots of racers get.. but Honda has a reason somehow... im pretty sure putting a interior in a diff car for Honda does not cost them more money..? u said $45k whats the FK is that mean
Old 10-31-2002, 03:38 AM
Three Wheelin'

one reason why these cars are cheap is that they production line is not held back by any orders at all. they follow their schedule and just pops out cars like that.

if acura starts to allow people to make whatever choice they want on color combo, that means acura will be taking orders, send them to manufacturers, and more or less custom build the cars for owners.

that's going to jack up the msrp considerably. look at bimmers and mb, they allow you to make any options on almost anything, and thus the high price tags (of course there are other reasons). lexus are cheaper, allow less options and combos but still you can have some choices. the major reason why the tl is priced so attractive is that you don't have much option at all except leather in some cases and the nav.

so yes TuRb0MiKeY is absolutely right about the idea behind. if you ask me, making all these stuff "optionable" the price of the car will be jacked up by another 3 to 4 grands at least.
Old 10-31-2002, 07:22 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well as some of you have seen my story posted many times before.
Three years ago I wanted a 2000TL Firepepper Red Pearl/Ebony/Nav combo. That was a hard combo to get but it was pictured in the 99&00 ACURA new car catalogs. The TL was also a very hot seller for ACURA at that time very hard to get. I waited 2 months & they tried to get me to take the Red/Parchement/Nav combo. I did not want a light color interior because it shows dirt more. I had a light interior on my 90 ACCORD & did not like it. When I got my 94 ACCORD EX I had leather put in the car when it was new. This was because the 94 ACCORD had just come out & I got one 2 days after release date from HONDA. The EX with 5 speed & exterior/interior color of Red/Black leather was not out yet. They had the dark gray cloth interior. The dealer said they could have the leather put in the car for me at a cheaper price than one with factory leather. I was skeptical at first but the place that did it was EG Classic. This place did custom interiors for luxury cars & were always at the Big Auto Show at our convention center each year with cars. So I got better quality leather than the factory ACCORD for a cheaper price. But back to the TL they also said I could get the Red/Ebony with out the Nav.
I wanted Nav & Ebony to make a longer stoy shorter I ended up getting the Black/Ebony/Nav combo that took 3 weeks to get.
This might be your best bet is to change the exterior color of the car. It took me 30mins to change my mine I looked at a Black TL on the lot for 30mins. I said to myself could I be happy with a Black car for 5year ownership. So you might need to change your exterior color thats the route I took & I am very happy.
Old 10-31-2002, 09:33 AM
Drifting

"See Honda would do alot better business if you could mix and match interiors. BMW has a very nice policy about this"

One of the reasons the TL offers so much for the money is the fact that there are no factory options.

The cost of administering these options is probably more than just giving you every car fully loaded.

Personally, I'd gladly give up the flexibility in exchange for a lower sticker price.
Old 10-31-2002, 11:54 AM
Mr. Self Destruct

ElegantTL-S is interested in swapping his Parchment for Ebony. If anyone is interested email him at ray@acuradriver.com

yeah, I'm looking out for your best interest
Old 10-31-2002, 03:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by rominl

that's going to jack up the msrp considerably. look at bimmers and mb, they allow you to make any options on almost anything, and thus the high price tags (of course there are other reasons). lexus are cheaper, allow less options and combos but still you can have some choices. the major reason why the tl is priced so attractive is that you don't have much option at all except leather in some cases and the nav.

so yes TuRb0MiKeY is absolutely right about the idea behind. if you ask me, making all these stuff "optionable" the price of the car will be jacked up by another 3 to 4 grands at least.
If I am not mistaken, both BMW and MB charge you extra if you wish to make a special order plus for a BMW the wait is in the order of 4 months. Even GM and Ford try to steer you away from it by giving you very long lead times.
Old 10-31-2002, 06:32 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally posted by 2004TL

WHAT ARE U SAYING?
If Honda offered more options they would sell more..
There stupid or something.. Even on the new 2003 Accord they dont have Black Exterior on INterior Black Leather.. Thats stupid.. Thats like a dreamful option lots of racers get.. but Honda has a reason somehow... im pretty sure putting a interior in a diff car for Honda does not cost them more money..? u said $45k whats the FK is that mean
In Canada, I have seen a black 2003 Accord with black leather interior.
Old 10-31-2002, 09:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by roadman

If I am not mistaken, both BMW and MB charge you extra if you wish to make a special order plus for a BMW the wait is in the order of 4 months. Even GM and Ford try to steer you away from it by giving you very long lead times.
yup, there you go