Possible Group Buy! Canadian, Toronto People: I could just be your best friend!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 08:24 AM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
Talking Possible Group Buy! Canadian, Toronto People: I could just be your best friend!

Hey all GTA'ers and Canadians!

I'm not sure if you all know this, but ZAINO IS AVAILABLE LOCALLY!!!!!!! woohooo!!

I was so discouraged when I found out that one of the only ways to get Zaino products was to order them from the U.S. website -- way too expensive for us due to shipping and currency! So, I did some research!

Zaino has a local distributor - in Guelph. I just called and asked about putting together a group buy. These are the criteria we must meet - and it's yours to decide if it's even worth it: There must be 10 people or more in the group buy and they must be Canadian, and they must order 5 items or more (not including the kit). If those criteria are met, you will get a free claybar - which is a $25.95 value and works out cheaper than if you were to purchase the kit.

Possibly even better news: you can find Zaino at a few local retailers around town: Fairview Mall, Square One, and Erin Mills!! I had no idea! He did say that their prices are probably a dollar more since they pay for shipping to their stores....but you pay shipping anyway if you order it through Guelph (or you can pick it up from Guelph and eliminate any shipping costs, but spend on gas!)

Check out order form and prices at: www.zaino.ca/files/orderONT.html

Let me know if anyone is interested.... otherwise, knock yourself out running to the store... ENJOY! ...I can't wait to get waxin'!

Ciao
Old 05-04-2004, 08:57 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FYI, the place in Fairview and Square One is called
The Barber's Chair (Fairview Mall)
(416) 491-0544
Mon-Fri: 10:00 AM-09:00 PM, Sat: 09:30 AM-06:00 PM, Sun: 11:00 AM-06:00 PM
Old 05-04-2004, 09:00 AM

Hehehe... oops... I guess this isn't such unknown info! :toothless

Btw, for those Canadian buyers located outside of Ontario, choose your province at: http://www.zaino.ca/files/order.htm and the appropriate order form/prices will appear. The one I listed above is for Ontario only.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:24 AM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how much of a $$$$ comitment are you expecting - basically how much is the total package with all that each person has to order)
is it like $50 plus we get the claybar kit (bonus) or are each of uis expected to pay +$100 for the ten items (plus the bonus).

Do we pick the ten items or are they basically picked for us? can we get multiple items? should we get a list together of what we want (order form) ?? and send it to you?

Do we need the ten people buying the five products each to get ten free claybar kits (just so we are clear)? so 50 poducts and they will give us 10 claybar kits? not a bad deal at all.

I will keep an eye on this thread to see it's progression,

dependes on the money commitment but it sounds like I'm in.
Old 05-04-2004, 11:52 AM

residual freedom: I can find out any other info as needed.. have no problem calling him back. But from what I understood, each person must purchase at least five items (chosen by you) and then each person will receive a free claybar. There does not seem to be a minimum amount of money that one must spend. One of his clauses though was that I get at least ten Canadians who are going to buy at least five items each - and one of the five items cannot include the Zaino kit. So basically, it sounds like there won't be an actual price discount, but that you will receive a claybar free of charge - and I would assume that he means the claybar *kit* and not simply one actual claybar. (I can always verify). He claimed this will come out cheaper than if someone purchased the "zaino kit" which includes a bunch of different items. And actually, I priced out the things I wanted over the weekend and it was much cheaper - since I just clayed my clar with Meguiar's and don't particularly need another claybar anytime soon.
Old 05-04-2004, 12:04 PM

P.S. If I understood it correctly, the orders will not be combined. Ten people will each place his/her own order -- it will not be one gigantic order coming to me and then passed on to you. You will have to pay the shipping charge that appears on the order form unless someone wants to use gas and drive to Guelph - which would probably be equal to the shipping fee. Once I see that there are even enough people interested (9 minimum - plus me) - I will get all the final details figured out with the Zaino guy. Otherwise, products are also available at the malls I listed above.... the only benefit someone will have with this group buy is the claybar (so not much - if you don't need it). Personally, I would've preferred a price discount over a claybar.... but can't change that.
Old 05-04-2004, 06:37 PM
6th Gear

im interested in buying your "free" claybar. thats if you dont need it.
Old 05-04-2004, 08:53 PM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

i might be in... lemme think about it.

@cUr@-TL
Old 05-13-2005, 02:04 AM
"Here Come The Bulls!"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In case anyone is intrested. The Store in Erin Mills town Centre is The Barbers Chair. (905 820 9960). The owner is "nick". Nice enough guy. Have known him for some time now. I can confirm that they do sell Zaino products. I will inquire about a discount for accurazine members? Is that o.k? Im new to posting stuff, so I hope this works. Also, @cUrA-TL 's idea seems good too, and I doubt if this place will be able to beat which appears to be a distributor as his price wouldn't be retail anyway, correct?
Old 05-13-2005, 09:14 AM

Hahahaha...Weird closing my own thread, but must be done. I've since become very knowledgeable that there are no groupbuys allowed unless you are an AZ vendor or have approval of the Admin. Sowwy.