Pop

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 11:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pop

Alright, when I cut the wheel almost all the way to the right or almost all the way to the left, I hear one Pop/Loud Click/Crackling noise. This sound seems to be originating from the outisde, but is loud enough that it can be heard from the inside of the car. This only happens when cutting the wheel in either direction when car is not moving... for example when making the final cuts/turns in straightening the car out during a parallel park. Can anyone take a stab at the problem? I am going to take it into the dealer but would like to have an idea of what the problem might be...cuz I dont trust dealers.
Old 04-19-2004, 11:07 PM
Banned

Also, on another note, when my dad drove mah car today, he reported back to me the car lunging fwd. from a stop. Basically he accelerated from a stop and the car didnt go, then he let off the gas pedal, and applied gas pedal again in which the car didnt go for 2 seconds but then jerked into motion. When I heard this I was like shit!!

This is all after I did the footwell mod t my car and also the rewiring of the fogs to draw current from the battery opposed from the stock harness. I'm 99% sure that it has nothing to do with the electrical mods that I did yesterday, but just coincidence in timing.. but if anyone knows something different please post up.

My friend told me about this AAMCO commercial he heard where they say, "come down and let our experts check your tramsmission out and tell you if its just a dome light bulb that needs to be replaced or your transmission". LoL... this got me thinking that the footwell mod might have somethign to do with the transmission.. but I dont know.. all speculation.

Also another note, on my friends civic, cuz one of the fuses were blown he coudlnt shift the car out of park, so Im thinking there are parts of the electrcal system that are linked with our trannies. Someone shed some light.
Old 04-20-2004, 07:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Clicking/popping noise: Maybe CV joins going bad? Axles?
Old 04-20-2004, 07:31 AM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by NSXNEXT
Clicking/popping noise: Maybe CV joins going bad? Axles?
Thats what it sounds like to me.

As far as the lunging ... At first I was gonna say its the A/C kicking on and off, but that doesn't cause any problems with the car not moving when you step on the gas... it just causes the car to suddenly lunge forward even when you have your foot on the brakes when the compressor turns off (engine gets a quick surge in rpms as if you stepped on the gas). If your dad stepped on the gas and the car didn't go anywhere... hm, could be the gas pedal is sticking cuz of the footwell lighting mod? ... Doubt that though.

Do you have a CAI? I know some people have complained about their by-pass valve on their CAI coming apart and getting sucked inside the intake and into the throttle body. This cause strange problems with the car moving when the gas pedal wasn't touched and for one guy he lost control of the car and it started moving by itself. He was unable to get the car to stop! Very dangerous!!!! If you have a CAI with a by-pass valve check this ASAP!
Old 04-20-2004, 09:01 AM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Usually at work we would blame it on the last thing we did and then investigate. But since I did the work to my car, a friends car and then yours I highly doubt it.

I can undo everything before you take it to the dealer to eliminate any BS that they want to give you.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:49 PM
Racer

your tranny is going... just a thought.

unplug what you did to the lighting and try again,

see if the car is putting out any codes.

and that popping does sound like cv's.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:49 PM
Racer

Old 04-20-2004, 01:58 PM
Burning Brakes

hmmm NyDesi.. u dont have aftermarket suspension? odd that this is happening. I would take it to the dealer since you have a 2003 u'r still under warrent. Cuz it sounds like your ball joints or your shocks are about to blow and you dont want them to break completely while your driving.
Old 04-20-2004, 02:15 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Raj,

To undo what we did, open the hood, remove the 30A fuse by the battery for the fogs. For the footwell lighting, go to the passenger side fuse box and unhook one of the wires from the taps.