SO --
what is a good price to try to get a:
1999 Acura 3.2 TL
*51,000 Miles
*HD Navigation
*Heather Mist w/ Parchment
*Excellent Condition.

Asking $20,065 at a dealer.

I also have to try to trade my car -- what is the best approach to getting the best pricefor my trade?

What's a reasonable amt. for a down payment to hold a car?
$100/$500/$1000???

THANKS!!!
Old 10-02-2001, 01:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$500 should be sufficient to hold the car. How well maintained is the car? Miles sound about right. figuring the car is 3yrs old, its about 17,000 miles a year. My car just turned 1yr old and i have 18,500 miles and it looks and drives like brand new.
When you settle on the price of the car then tell him you have a trade in. Try to avoid him working the trade into the deal before you lock in the price. The worst he will do is lowball you on the trade in. hope this stuff helps somewhat.
Old 10-02-2001, 01:28 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by NBP TL
$500 should be sufficient to hold the car. How well maintained is the car? Miles sound about right. figuring the car is 3yrs old, its about 17,000 miles a year. My car just turned 1yr old and i have 18,500 miles and it looks and drives like brand new.
When you settle on the price of the car then tell him you have a trade in. Try to avoid him working the trade into the deal before you lock in the price. The worst he will do is lowball you on the trade in. hope this stuff helps somewhat.
I'm assuming pretty good --- when I first looked at it (likemidnight one night - - i saw it and U-Turned)
I thought WOW awesome price -- watch it'll have 90 some thousand miles -- and then I looked at the front bumper,lip, hood, and I actually couldnt find ONE rock chip ---- becaue a lot of times thats a good indication of higher miles.
the paint actually was in gorgeous condition -- it was a little hard to see cuz it was nite but it was right under one of those big bright lights....

N E how -- the driver said leather didnt even look worn (like older leather sometimes is creased, etc.)
so im thinking it was well cared for
Old 10-02-2001, 01:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

Well hopefully it will work out. All the things you looked for are good signs of the condition of the car. for example, no chips/dings on hood. The car could have been abused and they repainted the front end but then i doubt the seats would be in good condition either. See what i mean?
I drive on the expressway ALOT and i have lots of rock chips.
So when are you going to the dealership?
Old 10-02-2001, 02:35 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by NBP TL
Well hopefully it will work out. All the things you looked for are good signs of the condition of the car. for example, no chips/dings on hood. The car could have been abused and they repainted the front end but then i doubt the seats would be in good condition either. See what i mean?
I drive on the expressway ALOT and i have lots of rock chips.
So when are you going to the dealership?
I was going to go today but my friend adrienne wants to go to the mall --- so I emailed the lady I talked to before at that dealership to find out if she is working tomorrow (Thank god -- a woman salesperson -- im lessintimidated lol)

Anyhow, hopefully then tomorrow.

I also looked under the car (wheel wells, etc.) and it looked really good - no rust, barely even tar or any crap

It does need new tires tho (the rears were pretty worn -- which makes me think they were on the front at one point)