PLEASE HELP! Putting in headers....now dont have any power!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 06:54 PM
2000 Acura TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PLEASE HELP! Putting in headers....now dont have any power!

Hey guys, so im putting in my xs headers right now, got the old ones off, put on the new ones but havent tightened all the bolts down. But now i went to turn the car on...i HAVE NO POWER, nothing. i dont have any power what so ever. The interior lights are not working, it seems like something has been disconnected from the battery. What could it be? O2 sensor? Something electrical? Did i disconnect something i shouldnt have? Please help me asap, cuz im stuck in a garage in the boonies. Thank you, p.s. how important are the o rings, i forgot to put those in, so now do i have to go back and put them in for sure? Thanks!
Old 01-10-2008, 07:03 PM
rebmeM deretsigeR

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I would look at what you disconnected, but when I installed mine, I didn't have to disconnect anything other than the O2 sensor, and that can't cause such a power loss. Check if anything was disconnected as you pulled the old headers out, or even if the battery died for some odd reason.

And you might want to put those O rings in there, they are needed.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:07 PM
Lamborghini Aventador FTW

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
Hey Igor, sorry to hear you are having some difficulties. First off, yes you need the O-rings, otherwise your headers can leak, and you can get some vibration. Second, did you disconnect the battery when you were installing the headers? If you did, then there must be a loose connection somewhere. If you didn't, then your battery may have gone dead. There might have been something drawing electricity while you were working, and now the battery is dead. Try jumping it. I hope that helps.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:11 PM
Lamborghini Aventador FTW

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
Also, did you tighten your header bolts section by section? Or did you tighten everything snug first and then tighten down everything? Because if you did it section by section, there may be a greater chance that you will have resonance. But hopefully you did it the second way. If not, I'd do it now rather than later so you don't have headaches later down the road.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:41 PM
2000 Acura TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys thanks for the help, Amar it turned out to be the main battery fuse, for all you xs people out there, that front manifold left nut which sits close to the alternator you need to be careful with. I think when we were tightening it, there was a spark and may have blown the battery fuse. Changed that up, and all is well. So i tightened everything snug first, then all the way. I taped the flex pipe, but i forgot to use the new bolts i bought. So there is some resonance from about 1.5 to 3.5 rpms but it is pretty quiet. I plan to go back on sunday and use the new bolts and tighten everything up nicely. Thanks for everyones help on the xs header page ! These are diffinitely worth the 7 hours of trouble i had.....haha (should have taken 3 but im a major newb! )