Pissed....what's the best way

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 08:34 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pissed....what's the best way

To get paint off your car? You heard right. I have red F'in paint on my WDP. Driving on Rt.9 in Jersey soneone must have spilled paint on the road, didn't see it, and the person infront of me kicked it up all over my car!!!!! Pissed. Tried using Meguires Cleaner and it's hard as hell to get off. Did my side view mirror and it took me about 15 minutes and it's still not all off. Would a compound or something work? HELP
Old 11-07-2004, 08:38 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
If its a bunch of splatter, try a clay bar. They were made to help remove overspray, and surface contamination. Do the entire car because I am sure there is splatter in areas that isnt noticeable right now, and the longer you wait, the harder it is to get it off.

If that doesnt work, try using some goo gone, or WD-40 on a rag. Afterwards make sure you properly wash the car, and follow it up by waxing it properly.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
that happened to me too bro.. is it a NJ thing or something??? except the punk threw pain on my car.. story here.. https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96777

in my situation they used wood finish and i got to it right away with alcohol... im assuming that it is dry now... was ur car waxed previous to the paint getting on...cause that would help alot.. the paint would dry on top of the wax and u can compound the paint out if it is fully dry and you haven't angered it yet... if it is like a haze in ur paint like my front fender then i suggest mineral sprints but with a light hand...

if all else fails.. body shop... red on white... i had my red on silver...
Old 11-07-2004, 08:56 AM
Banned

Thanks guys

Where can I get goo gone? Pep boys?

In New Jersey. Yeah , the shit is dry right now and I haven't waxed my car in a few month. I figured it would be a bitch to get out. What is mineral sprints? and where can I get it?
Old 11-07-2004, 09:17 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by LIGHTBEING
Thanks guys

Where can I get goo gone? Pep boys?

In New Jersey. Yeah , the shit is dry right now and I haven't waxed my car in a few month. I figured it would be a bitch to get out. What is mineral sprints? and where can I get it?
Id try the Clay first. Start with the least agressive, and work your way up as needed.

Mineral Spirits is like goo gone, or paint remover. You can buy it at any hardware store, but just remember, it will remove the red paint, and all your wax too. After you are done with a panel, wash it off immediately, dont let it sit for a long time, and rewax to protect the car right away.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:22 AM
Banned

What kinda clay bar do you suggest. I wanna do this today so I can't really get my hands on Zaino. What kinds does Pep boys have?
Old 11-07-2004, 09:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by LIGHTBEING
What kinda clay bar do you suggest. I wanna do this today so I can't really get my hands on Zaino. What kinds does Pep boys have?
Pepbiys near me has Clay magic which is the clay i like using the best. If they dont have that, they should have Mothers, although I dont like their clay that much. If its alot of light splatter, use it. Just remember to keep the panel wet using the detail spay it comes with.

If its heavy spotting, and not a fine spatter on your paint, go straight for the mineral spirits. On a Sunday if your hardware store isnt open, try Lowes or Home depot in the paint sections.

Wax with whatever you have. Something is better than nothing.

Good Luck
Old 11-07-2004, 11:41 AM
Banned

Geesh, what a pain in the Ace. Figured I would try some stuff I already had before going to the store. WD-40 and alcohol didn't work. But CVS regular nail polish is...LOL. I'm doin a section at a time, using a terry cloth towel and nail polish, then cleaning the area, then putting a coat of Meguires Carnauba wax. My figures and hands hurt. Just got one section left.

Thanks for the advice guys.
Old 11-07-2004, 11:51 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
just use some paint thinner and lightly rub the paint off. i had to just do that to my car yesterday. the thinner wont hurt the finish. just wax teh area afterwards
Old 11-07-2004, 04:01 PM
Banned

Becareful with goo gone........I used a little on the interior plastic and it basically start turning the black plastic silvery. Always test the stuff on hidden areas before you go all out.