parrot install??

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 01:11 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
parrot install??

okay guys ive searched the forum and it looks like one person was sucessfully able to install the parrot system with not too much trouble.

i just have a few questions after doing some research.

i have a 99 tl no navigation system. i installed a cd changer some time ago and that went pretty well.

from looking online i see that you can purchase an adaptor to go with the parrot ck3100
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...A&tp=159&avf=Y

im wondering if this is the same adaptor that i used to hook up my cd changer (that i havent used in ages because i have my ipod now)

im also wondering
if you use the adaptor how is it that you lose the volume controls on the sterring wheel? is this correct? if you are using the adaptor everything should just flow right over.

also i saw something that said the bose system has seperate amps in each speaker and the volume muting will not work.

i guess i just need a little clarity. this forum has always been very useful when it comes to doing things to my car. when you go to the store they will tell you one thing but the forum gives the most accurate advice so far.

is there another handsfree that someone can reccommend other than the parrot. i want to be able to use the speakers in the car and the mic features. i checked out a few but i couldn find any that does what this parrot does but i am more than willing to accept any suggestions.

thanks in advance.