Outside Temperature Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2001, 07:46 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Outside Temperature Gauge

I'd like to thank the person that responded to my problem with the outside temp gauge on my 01 tl. How did you know about by holding down the 2 buttons for the trip odometer for 10 seconds you can adjust the readings on the gauge. I followed your instructions and low and behold it worked. There is nothing in the 2001 manual that refers to that and I was told by 3 "SERVICE ADVISORS" that the reading is affected by the engine heat , causing the gauge to show a higher reading. Goes to show you how much they know. Thanks again. I'm new to this forum been on it only a week and it sure has paid off.
Old 12-27-2001, 08:42 PM
Banned

Re: Outside Temperature Gauge

Originally posted by Carrelman
I'd like to thank the person that responded to my problem with the outside temp gauge on my 01 tl. How did you know about by holding down the 2 buttons for the trip odometer for 10 seconds you can adjust the readings on the gauge. I followed your instructions and low and behold it worked. There is nothing in the 2001 manual that refers to that and I was told by 3 "SERVICE ADVISORS" that the reading is affected by the engine heat , causing the gauge to show a higher reading. Goes to show you how much they know. Thanks again. I'm new to this forum been on it only a week and it sure has paid off.
The service advisors must not be familiar with the Helms factory service manual. All the info is right in there, along with the procedure to properly calibrate the unit. They are partially correct, though, that engine heat can give an inaccurate reading when the car is standing still. I believe Acura states the gauge will not read accurate until the car is moving faster than 35mph. Also, it doesn't rapidly adjust to temperature changes, but this is by design. Otherwise if it did it would be constantly fluctuating back and forth between a couple of degrees. It'll take several minutes of driving for the unit to properly display the outside temperature. Going from my warm garage to the cold outside takes several minutes for the unit to reach a final temperature. It's better that it works this way or it would seem like the thing was on the fritz, always changing.
Old 12-27-2001, 10:44 PM
Racer

Does that work for the 99???